Post your Southwest Airline boarding pass results!

recyclelady

At exactly the 24 hour mark, they received A-30 & A-31 for the first flight leg, and A-23 &A-24 for the second.

These are pretty good draws without using early bird. I guess the other thing that would be useful to know is how full the flight was or whether it was scheduled to leave at some particularly odd hour. I've been on some late evening NW flights when there wasn't even 24 people on the plane.

These are pretty good draws without using early bird. I guess the other thing that would be useful to know is how full the flight was or whether it was scheduled to leave at some particularly odd hour. I've been on some late evening NW flights when there wasn't even 24 people on the plane.

First leg is SEA-DEN departing at 12:05 p.m. No idea how full the flights are, but you can still purchase seats on both legs.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used the EB check several times now and I really like it. If on a cruise, I wouldn't think twice about doing it. You are almost sure you will get a good A seat. If you are able to check in yourself on the 24 hours mark, then that works good too. But so many times I just don't have time or I'm not available to a computer to do it. Just got home from Disney last week and they now do the check in for you on Southwest!!!!!! That was great to get up that morning and our boarding passes were on the door, checked in our bags in the lobby of the hotel and didn't have to see them again until we arrived back in Chicago!!! By skipping the check in bags process and going right to security saved us a ton of time. Southwest is doing some good stuff...really good services for the client.

Maybe this is a silly question, since people seem to be so intent on getting an A number, but is it really that important?

Unless you are flying with children (my DD is 23 and hasn't cared about sitting with Mommy for about 15 years), why would you pay for a number that doesn't even guarantee you a window or aisle seat?

Am I missing something? :confused:

I'll log on today at about 1 pm and get my boarding passes for tomorrow. We're at sea our last day of the cruise, and I am not going to pay for their internet use and I am not going to pay Southwest to do my boarding pass for that return flight.

So, I might end up the last person to board. So what? All I need is a seat on the plane to get me home!

What does what anyone else got using this process (or not) have to do with anyone else? :confused: :confused:

What does what anyone else got using this process (or not) have to do with anyone else? :confused: :confused:

As I understand it, the purpose of this thread is to obtain some information about the position one draws by using EB and thus help answer the question of whether it is cost effective to even do EB. If the timing of when you board does not matter, then it is a no-brainer to decline EB. However, from the posts made to date, it would appear that EB does give one an excellent chance to be among the early group of boarders. But, it also appears that checking-in 24 hours in advance without EB also results in a favorably boarding position. (But, not everyone can check-in 24 hours in advance.) And, because EB is still relatively new, maybe the findings to date will change over time. Continuing to monitor this thread may help shed some light on this.

Maybe this is a silly question, since people seem to be so intent on getting an A number, but is it really that important?

Unless you are flying with children (my DD is 23 and hasn't cared about sitting with Mommy for about 15 years), why would you pay for a number that doesn't even guarantee you a window or aisle seat?

I'll log on today at about 1 pm and get my boarding passes for tomorrow. We're at sea our last day of the cruise, and I am not going to pay for their internet use and I am not going to pay Southwest to do my boarding pass for that return flight.

So, I might end up the last person to board. So what? All I need is a seat on the plane to get me home!

If that is your feelings on it then it's no big deal. I don't like the middle seat!! I like the isle seat and I have never had a problem getting an isle seat when checking in at the 24 hour mark or using the EB. The difference is........not always do I have the access to a computer at the 24 hour mark so the EB works great for me. But that doesn't mean you have to use it...if fact..i would prefer if you didn't cause that leaves more isle seats available to folks like me with a preference. And I agree with the poster above...this is an informational board to try and help those with questions....that is why we try and answer their questions. I hope you have a great cruise and flight.

People are simply curious to see if EBCI is working for others and whether or not they should plunk down their ten bucks for a better chance at a better seat. What difference does it make to you if we want as much information as possible prior to making a decision?

So you don't care where you sit...that's just fine as I also don't care where you sit. But I do happen to care where I sit and therefore I check information like this and I do (gladly) pay for EBCI.

• 3 weeks later...

When we get off the ship in Miami, and do a transfer to our Fort Lauderdale hotel for an overnight we will not be able to check in SWA at the 24 hour mark. Our flight leaves at 11:30 am eastern time the next day.

My question is: Since Kansas is on Central time and Florida is on Eastern time, can my son check in for us at the 23 hour mark?

I read where someone checked in at the 21 hour.

I hope this isn't a really dumb question?:D

When we get off the ship in Miami, and do a transfer to our Fort Lauderdale hotel for an overnight we will not be able to check in SWA at the 24 hour mark. Our flight leaves at 11:30 am eastern time the next day.

My question is: Since Kansas is on Central time and Florida is on Eastern time, can my son check in for us at the 23 hour mark?

I read where someone checked in at the 21 hour.

I hope this isn't a really dumb question?:D

Since your flight leaves at 11:30am Eastern time, you (or someone for you) can check in at 11:30am Eastern time the day prior. Don't wait until the 23 hour mark unless you like the middles seats. You could save yourself all the 24-hour check-in hassle by adding EBCI to your return flight now at $10 per person.

We flew SW for the first time for our flight home from our cruise in December. Paid for the EB check in since we were going to be on the ship and didn't want to worry about finding and using a computer. Worked out great for us. For the first leg of our flight we had A-17 & A-18, which was the 3rd and 4th person to board. We had to change planes in Orlando and we got A-16 & A-17 for that flight, which was 1st and 2nd on the plane.

I just purchased the EBCI for my flight from FLL. How does this system work....am I assigned a # when I actually check in at the airport, or do I still have to access a computer and get my boarding pass? Or can I just use the self-check-in at the airport ticket counter? (sorry for all the questions, but this is something new for me!)

Grace,

You will be assigned a boarding number automatically at 36 hours prior just as if you were able to check yourself in by computer at that time. To get your boarding pass, you can either use any computer with a printer any time after the automatic check-in, use an airport kiosk, or go to the counter. Your number, which was already assigned, will still be there waiting for you.

Checked in 24 hours ahead of time without EB for a relatively short flight leaving at 8:10 AM and received A-30. For a return late evening flight that was a continuation of a prior flight in which not many people deplaned, I received A-60.

My mom and I got lucky this weekend on my first Southwest experience.

1/15, 9pm HOU to DAL - Totally forgot about checking in and didn't do it until almost 10:30. We got A 30 & 31. Got bulkhead seats for this trip! Plane was maybe 60% full.

1/18, 9am DAL to HOU - Checked in at 9:11 and got A 36 and 37. 20 or so empty seats.

I saw a different version of chair hogging this morning. A mom and her son sat in the aisle and window in an attempt to keep someone from sitting in their row. Her husband did the same thing across the aisle with their other child. :rolleyes: It didn't work for either one of them, both of them ended up moving to the middle seat when someone asked for it.

ETA - No EBCI on either flight.

I saw a different version of chair hogging this morning. A mom and her son sat in the aisle and window in an attempt to keep someone from sitting in their row. Her husband did the same thing across the aisle with their other child. :rolleyes: It didn't work for either one of them, both of them ended up moving to the middle seat when someone asked for it.

I travel alone most of the time so I couldn't do that, but if I saw someone in an aisle seat with two seats next to her free, would I sit in the window seat, perhaps hoping that the middle seat would be the last one to be taken? Sure.

Checked in today for a flight from Cleveland to Providence, RI. First leg Cle to BWI my DH and I got A31 & A32. From BWI to Providence we got A45 and A46. Did not use EBC. Our daughter checked in for us as we were not going to be home this morning. Worked out good!!:)

Let you know how our flight home check in goes after this weekend.

Archived