Post your Southwest Airline boarding pass results!

recyclelady

You can check in any time inside the 24 hour mark, as your seats were assigned before anyone else. You could check in a couple of hours before your flight and still get the lower numbers.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Your seats aren't assigned; you just get a boarding number.

Your seats aren't assigned; you just get a boarding number.

I guess I didn't make that clear; you will receive one of the lower seating numbers. Lower than the people that sign in at the 24 hour mark.

If you want to sit in a specific seat, pay the $10 and be the first couple of people on the plane. If you have an A pass, this usually isn't an issue either. Once you get a B or C pass, you get whatever is left so issues like this occur. I checked my parents in on a Southwest flight (they booked it together and the reservation was linked together when I checked them in on my blackberry) yet for some reason the seat numbers were 6 numbers apart. You would think Southwest would give seat numbers together for the same reservation (such as A-30 and A-31 instead of A-30 and A-36). Not sure how this process works on Southwest's end but it does need improvement.

If you want to sit in a specific seat, pay the $10 and be the first couple of people on the plane. If you have an A pass, this usually isn't an issue either. Once you get a B or C pass, you get whatever is left so issues like this occur. I checked my parents in on a Southwest flight (they booked it together and the reservation was linked together when I checked them in on my blackberry) yet for some reason the seat numbers were 6 numbers apart. You would think Southwest would give seat numbers together for the same reservation (such as A-30 and A-31 instead of A-30 and A-36). Not sure how this process works on Southwest's end but it does need improvement.

You do NOT get a SEAT NUMBER on WN, you get a number for BOARDING....

There are people who HAVE PAID for EBCI and who have gotten B boarding passes.....

I would be VERY inconvenienced if I paid the money and got a low numbner...and/or got on only to find someone saving seats...THAT would be a problem.

Here is a portion of the email I received today:
Interesting that this is word-for-word the same email as was received by cherylandtk, as reported in this post.

So someone has clearly thought very carefully about their position on this issue. It's therefore quite disingenuous (perhaps downright dishonest) for them to say "Truthfully, we don’t have a policy either way--for or against--saving seats."

If you permit it, you are permitting it - that is, in truth, Southwest's policy. They really shouldn't try to weasel their way out of this.

Well, I have to say this answer surprised me, but here it is. I asked Southwest to clarify their policy on saving seats, especially in light of the new Early Bird fee, and what should we expect of assistance from the flight attendants if there was an empty seat being saved for a passenger boarding after you. Here is what they said:
Interesting that this is word-for-word the same email as was received by recyclelady, as reported in this post.

So someone has clearly thought very carefully about their position on this issue. It's therefore quite disingenuous (perhaps downright dishonest) for them to say "Truthfully, we don’t have a policy either way--for or against--saving seats."

If you permit it, you are permitting it - that is, in truth, Southwest's policy. They really shouldn't try to weasel their way out of this.

My sister just reported that she checked in @ 24 hr. for an ABQ to SAN flight without Early Bird and got A35 and A34.

Hi cherylandtk,

We are taking that same flight this thrusday. We do have the earlybird and it will be interesting to see if there is any difference.

Enjoy!

I think it's a bit of a cop-out from Southwest, though the response was probably more personable than most airlines would have provided.

Either they are totally open seating (making seat-saving rude but not much else)....or they are charging for boarding priority (through fare purchased or EBCI). In that case they are making customers pay for a "value added" service and they had better deal with the consequences, anticipated or not.

Wondering how Southwest would handle it if you plopped your fanny down in a "saved" seat and said "I was here first - make me move"???:eek::D:eek::D

I am a Southwest flight attendant. This topic comes up often in discussions, but I can honestly say I've never seen it become an issue on the aircraft. I've not personally seen one or two people try to save a large number of seats (but then again while in our boarding positions we do not see what is going on in every row). When I see a customer saving a seat (or two) I let them know that it is an open seating policy and if someone arrives who wants to sit there, they can. Typically I see the seat saving in the back of the aircraft.

Southwest will not jump in and ask anyone to change a seat unless it is to accommodate a special need such as a parent with a young child who needs to sit together or a passenger with a disability, etc. In those instances we politely work out something with the passengers we are speaking with.

The Early Boarding program seems to be successful and those using it like the fact that they are automatically issued the boarding pass and they don't have to remember to log into southwest.com 24 hours before their flight to get their boarding pass (as you can do without the Early Boarding option).

Unless there are a lot of passengers continuing on a flight (so they are already in a seat when the boarding starts), all of A's and the majority of B's get a good choice of seats

It's important to remember if someone becomes unruly during boarding they are jeopardizing their abililty to stay on the flight.

I am a Southwest flight attendant. This topic comes up often in discussions, but I can honestly say I've never seen it become an issue on the aircraft. I've not personally seen one or two people try to save a large number of seats (but then again while in our boarding positions we do not see what is going on in every row). When I see a customer saving a seat (or two) I let them know that it is an open seating policy and if someone arrives who wants to sit there, they can. Typically I see the seat saving in the back of the aircraft.

Southwest will not jump in and ask anyone to change a seat unless it is to accommodate a special need such as a parent with a young child who needs to sit together or a passenger with a disability, etc. In those instances we politely work out something with the passengers we are speaking with.

The Early Boarding program seems to be successful and those using it like the fact that they are automatically issued the boarding pass and they don't have to remember to log into southwest.com 24 hours before their flight to get their boarding pass (as you can do without the Early Boarding option).

Unless there are a lot of passengers continuing on a flight (so they are already in a seat when the boarding starts), all of A's and the majority of B's get a good choice of seats

It's important to remember if someone becomes unruly during boarding they are jeopardizing their abililty to stay on the flight.

I don't wish to hijack this thread but I have a question. I am disabled and normally do preboarding on other airlines. I have never traveled on Southwest and I am frankly afraid of the whole process.

Could you enlighten me about it? would I still preboard? do I have to do anything special and can my husband board with me? I need his assistance?

thanks.

PS. by the way, your last name isn't Emerald is it? Since mine is also

Yes, you can preboard with Southwest. Simply talk to the agent at the desk in the gate area and get a blue sleeve (which is the pre-board sleeve) and yes, your hubby can board with you. :)

No emerald is just a nickname, but it's usually taken on most sites so I have to misspell it. ;)

Safe travels and welcome to Southwest, we sure are happy to have you and your husband.

I don't wish to hijack this thread but I have a question. I am disabled and normally do preboarding on other airlines. I have never traveled on Southwest and I am frankly afraid of the whole process.

Could you enlighten me about it? would I still preboard? do I have to do anything special and can my husband board with me? I need his assistance?

thanks.

PS. by the way, your last name isn't Emerald is it? Since mine is also

My husband is disabled and uses a scooter. We are always allowed to board first, after those in wheelchairs. We do check in at the gate so that are aware that we are there. He drives his scooter to the door of the plane and they put it in the hold. I always accompany him without a problem. He usually gets off last and the scooter is waiting outside the door.

We love flying Southwest and go with them whenever possible.

Kate

We fly ABQ to SAN tomorrow and I just printed out our boarding passes. We did do the early bird thing and ended up with A-26, A27. Not sure how it would have turned out different if we just did the 24 hour thing??

Very busy week here in the ABQ as the International Balloon Festival is going on all this week and all flights are full in and out of the city.

Enjoy!

We used to be frequent flyers on Southwest. Most of our flights in the last couple years have been on JetBlue and AirTran primarily because fares are comparable, but we can get seat assignments.

We flew Southwest round-trip to Manchester NH last month and added EBCI to the bookings. We got A24 & A25 on the outbound and A16 & A17 for the return. So we decided to chance it for Las Vegas in February - great flight times and flexible change policy. As soon as I booked the airfare, I added EBCI. We'll see...

Just got back from a roundtrip Birmingham to Baltimore and did not do the EBCI for either flight. On first flight we were #25 and 26 (#23 and 24 did purchase the EBCI). On return rlight we were #21 and 22. Only 4 people were in front of us and only one had purchased the EBCI.

Sadly we experienced the opposite on a August flight from TPA to PHL. Don't get me wrong here as we've never had any difficulties previously with SW. Anyway, upon boarding a lady was saving 8 seats (3 rows) with a toddler in the front of her and one in the seat behind her 2/3 back into the acft. When folks tried sitting down, she commented that the seats were saved. The F/A commented about seat saving and the lady ignored her by saying "B/S". Another F/A half way into the acft was oblivious to what was transpiring as she was sharing jokes with a passenger. To make a long story short, the racial slurs from the seat saving lady were affecting the boarding passengers and numerous passengers asked for help. The rear F/A turned with her coffee in hand and walked away ignoring everyone. I know that formal complaints were filed with S/W to no avail. I was advised that I'd receive a reply within 7 to 30 days and never did. So much for "customer service"! The problem is that one F/A was more into telling jokes and the other didn't want to deal with the mouthy lady. It's like she was only there for a paycheck. It wasn't pretty!

I'm sorry you had a bad experience on the flight, we'd LUV for everyone to have a perfect, hassel free flight, and most of the time it is that.

If you did not receive a response when you wrote to Dallas, I'd write again and be sure to include the flight number. I'd also stick to details and not opinions (i.e., just there for a paycheck, more interested in telling jokes, etc.) They add no value to the facts of the situation which from what you write is about a passenger being unruly and rude to other passengers. Is that what happened?

The FA in the middle of the AC is required (by FAA regulations) to stay in that position until all Emergency Exit Rows are filled. We have to personally watch who sits there. If we also interact with the passengers in that area while perfoming this job - there's no crime or harm in that.

Without knowing the other side of the story (and you know there are always at least two), it's hard to know why the FA in the back did not react to a passenger who according to you was loud and unruly.

Again - I'd write to SWA Headquarters and reference the flight number.

Archived