Why do you prefer Celebrity to other cruise lines?

Bridge Maven

Why do you prefer Celebrity to other cruise lines?  

918 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you prefer Celebrity to other cruise lines?

• Better food in main dining room
    • Better specialty restaurants
    • Better entertainment
    • More formal nights
    • Better crew to passenger ratio
    • Less children
    • Prettier ships
    • Better space to passenger ratio
    • Quieter onboard ambiance
    • Better itineraries
    • Better pricing
    • Ports convenient to where I live
    • I like it equal to another cruise line
    • It is not my favorite cruise line

I think Celebrity has better space to passenger ratios and specialty restaurants than most of the other mass market cruise lines.

When it comes to pricing, I feel that Celebrity has a two tiered system. Celebrity's suites have a tendency to be more expensive than suites on other mass market cruise lines, but their non suite cabins are often less expensive than those on other mass market cruise lines for a comparable itinerary.

I Agree 100% with Celebrity's No Smoking Policy. I just came off the Equinox. We had a wonderful cruise except for someone adjacent to our cabin was smoking. We kindly asked them not to smoke but it continued (they were not native English Language speaking guests), so we informed Guest Relations who promptly gave them a multilingual warning to stop smoking or face a fine and/or removal from the ship. We had no further incidents.

Sorry, but the poll is seriously flawed. One of the main things that sets Celebrity apart from other lines is the stricter smoking policy!

That's our favorite thing about Celebrity, and from many posts I have read, that's a major selling point to most people.

I agree. It's our favorite thing, too, and is a main consideration when we book a balcony cabin. They also have a much better room service selection.

Sorry, but the poll is seriously flawed. One of the main things that sets Celebrity apart from other lines is the stricter smoking policy!

That's our favorite thing about Celebrity, and from many posts I have read, that's a major selling point to most people.

I would have selected this also. One of the many reasons we love Celebrity.

My reason seems to be missing from your poll. In a word, service. Celebrity has the best service, from crew to staff, that I have found on any cruise line.

Anne:)

I have to agree. We were on the Mille when it had issues off of Monte Carlo and were docked in Rome for the week and a half while they tried to repair the propellers. They not only took excellent care of us, all were given free tours, and free flights home or first class train tickets to Venice, our port on debarkation. PLUS, we were given a 100% refund and a 100% credit to a future cruise. We will never cruise on another line. In fact, we have taken over 8 cruises in the last two years !!!

WE LOVE CELEBRITY

The reasons we cruise 'X' are listed in the poll: The ambiance (glad you spelled it for me!), the prettier ships, and the crew/space ratio.

I kind of intertpred the crew ratio as the service selection. Celebrity just has that cut above for us. Good mix of low-key cruise environment along with excellent service and the decor. The pricing is just unbelievable from my point of view. I can't get over the current price comparisons on the cruises we want compared to other lines I've sailed.

Unless there is a very specific rationale to go another line, we stick with 'X'. I really don't think I can talk my wife into even considering another line right now.

Bridge Maven, pretty soon you'll have to add 'Rewards Programs' as an option. I know, a few free drinks and goodies may not matter but for us, it takes the cake for deciding. Nothing like a little happy hr, free internet and a reduction on laundry costs that will allow us to cut back even more on what we bring. We use to overpack, and with this Elite program, we'll not sweat it and go with what we really think is needed. And use the laundry services.

Denny

An accumulation of several of the things you listed in your poll(a good one).

Ambiance, space, service, etc.

We've sailed on several lines, but like Celebrity the best. It doesn't bother me one bit that others might prefer a different company.

My reason seems to be missing from your poll. In a word, service. Celebrity has the best service, from crew to staff, that I have found on any cruise line.

I had service in mind when I listed "better crew to passenger ratio" as an option. One problem with creating a poll is that what I had in mind is not always obvious to other people. Sorry about that.

The one truly outstanding feature about Celebrity, separating it from all others in its price range, is the Non-smoking policy. Thank you Celebrity!! Shaco

What "non-smoking policy"?

As I understand it, folks can smoke in their cabins, on the verandas, and most anywhere on the port side of the ship, with the exception of the Dining Rooms and Theater. Has this changed recently?

Note, I am not looking to hijack this thread. Please do not start a debate here. Just looking for a clarification.

Thanks.

As I understand it, folks can smoke in their cabins, on the verandas, and most anywhere on the port side of the ship, with the exception of the Dining Rooms and Theater. Has this changed recently?

Note, I am not looking to hijack this thread. Please do not start a debate here. Just looking for a clarification.

Thanks.

You are no longer allowed to smoke in your cabin or on the verandas, and it is very limited as to where on the ship. Great thing for non-smokers and bad thing for smokers.

Thanks.

Hi CaribbeanBound:) the smoking policy changed earlier

this year or it might have been the last quarter of 2008.

No smoking in staterooms or balconies. No debate here;)

Hi Anne:) you got it girlfriend...SERVICE:D

The ambiance, the European table service (all service in general) and the style are all a class act. Although we are the average middle Americans, I always feel like someone special when I am on Celebrity.

That is what is so wonderful about Celebrity... you really do feel like someone special. It has always been amazing to me just how the whole crew and staff work so hard to accomplish this.

I absolutely agree with this. The "level of excellence" of service on Celebrity is by far the most outstanding we have found on the lines we have tried so far. With one exception, we have sailed only Celebrity since our first cruise on the Summit in 2004.

The new non smoking policy is also a very welcome addition... it really makes a big difference if you are sensitive to smoking.

Archived