Eurodam/Half Moon Cay thoughts!!!!

Colakid

Help fellow experienced CC members. We are booked on the Eurodam for Oct 24th 7 day eastern Caribbean that includes Half Moon Cay. Having never been there before I have a question about the food provided on the island. Does it cost anything or is it included the same as ship food? I have read about the menu and understand the selections. Also is the food brought over from the ship that morning then prepared for us specifically? I would imagine the drinks are extra just like the ship. Thank you for your thoughts and responses. Colakid.

Help fellow experienced CC members. We are booked on the Eurodam for Oct 24th 7 day eastern Caribbean that includes Half Moon Cay. Having never been there before I have a question about the food provided on the island. Does it cost anything or is it included the same as ship food? I have read about the menu and understand the selections. Also is the food brought over from the ship that morning then prepared for us specifically? I would imagine the drinks are extra just like the ship. Thank you for your thoughts and responses. Colakid.

Old cruising buddy I have no idea where they really cook it but the buffett is gratis but the drinks are on you. ;) I'll have an Antonio!:p Say Hi to PolarBearMom.

Aliaschief: I will have Polar Bear Mom drink an "Antonizer" for you but put it on your bar bill for when you arrive later in December. How is that? Remember I know a beverage manager. I can feel the excitement. Colakid.

The BBQ food is brought from the ship and cooked on the island. The rest is perpared on board and brought to the island. There is no charge for the food. They also had lemonaid and iced tea near the food service area during lunch time.

IMHO the food was good but the lines were long, but there were two ships at HMC when we were there. There will be just the Eurodam when we are there so it won't be as bad.

Drinks are on you, just use your ship board charge card at the bars

DizzyDallasDi is right. The food is barbque chicken, hamburgers and hot dogs with all the trimmings. Cooking is on open grills under a large pavillion. Picnic tables scattered about. This is not serious HAL food. It is outdoors and fun.....all about the beach.

If you're concerned about a proper lunch, go back on board to eat.

If you love that incredible beach, eat what you can find and have a wonderful day. It's maybe one of the most beautiful beaches in the western hemisphere.

We've been 5 or 6 times and can't wait to go back.

HMC is not about food --- its about being on your own island in the Caribbean with white sand and blue waters. The food is Ribs, Hamburgers and Hot Dogs but it is very good and it is cooked on the island. The bars are staffed and can provide you with most drinks.

Enjoy HMC --- it is the best private island operated by the cruise lines. It is a jewel. ----- You may not want to leave.

We look forward to lunch at HMC. We never, ever, ever have ribs except there and I love sitting at the picnic benches in my swimsuit, sand on my feet, chickens and roosters circling the area. If it's hot and sunny and we've enjoyed the morning on the beach, the band is playing within earshot, we've gotten hungry 'from the sea air' :) and I think HMC a little slice of Paradise. Burger or ribs never taste so good to me as on the island. (I also like the brownies.)

It's fun; enjoy.

We are booked for another set of b-to-b on Eurodam. We did it last March and had such a good time, we rebooked the same cruise(s) for 2010.

HMC is not about food --- its about being on your own island in the Caribbean with white sand and blue waters. The food is Ribs, Hamburgers and Hot Dogs but it is very good and it is cooked on the island. The bars are staffed and can provide you with most drinks.

Enjoy HMC --- it is the best private island operated by the cruise lines. It is a jewel. ----- You may not want to leave.

Amen! They coulda served TV dinners on HMC and I would have been happy. :)

What is more, you can get grilled fish, veggie burgers, fruit, 'tater salad, slaw, potato chips, beans, and well lots of stuff. And there are plenty of cookies and......

C-o-f-f-e-e-for PolarBearMom.:)

Our favorite thing is to sit at the Bell Bar (very near the Bar-B-Que line), order a light beer, and enjoy a little lunch while listening to the band. Glorious.

Archived