suggestion on making printed tags tear proof

thrusday

since princess is now making us

print our own tags for luggage how would you keep them from being ripped and torn off the luggage . i went in tonight to recheck things because ive already printed off our boarding passess and long and behold now there is print youre own tags there .so any one who can tell me how to make these safe proof from falling off or being torn off would be appericated . thanks in advance ,

print our own tags for luggage how would you keep them from being ripped and torn off the luggage . i went in tonight to recheck things because ive already printed off our boarding passess and long and behold now there is print youre own tags there .so any one who can tell me how to make these safe proof from falling off or being torn off would be appericated . thanks in advance ,

Wait until you arrive at baggage claim or the pier and get the real ones.

A suggestion is to use clear package tape (not Scotch tape) on both sides and staple the ends around your suitcase handle. I'd also put two of them on the bag.

I have used packaging tape (the 3M clear kind that is about 2" wide) on both sides, then punch holes at one end and use a zip tie to attach it to our bags. Never had one rip and in fact, I have had to cut them off when we return home:D. The other suggestion - and I had done this as well - is take the tags to Office Max/Kinko's/etc and have them laminate the whole page and then cut them apart, punch holes and zip tie. This costs about $3 per page and usually that's 6 tags.

When did Princess start making us print our tags? We got tags for our upcoming cruise. We board 2 weeks from today.

Paul on the other thread that is about luggage tags it was mentioned by someone that Princess is in transition of whether you get the tags through the mail or of printing them out. Our cruise is also in 3 weeks and we got the tags through the mail. So probably if in the next few weeks or longer if your final payment is due then start printing our own.

Marilyn

I print my Carnival tags .Fit them on Bristol Board ..get bright coloured ones at Dollar store Stick them on

Plastify them with large clear tape .Do both sides Punch a hole .Use an elastic band to attach

VOILA !!! Have done this on every cruise I needed to print tags for.THey do not rip

Also because you use coloured Bristol Board they are easier to find

Enjoy

This activity before a cruise means it is COMING up SOON

The big coloured cardboard rectangular 22'x28'' like paper you find in most Dollar stores .I was an ART teacher for many years .

The stuff kids use to glue projects on I don't know what else to call it .It now comes in NEON colours .They also use them for posters in school

Ask at your Dollar Store or come to Montreal ..we got lots here ...LOL :) :) :)

Paul on the other thread that is about luggage tags it was mentioned by someone that Princess is in transition of whether you get the tags through the mail or of printing them out. Our cruise is also in 3 weeks and we got the tags through the mail. So probably if in the next few weeks or longer if your final payment is due then start printing our own.

Marilyn

Thanks Marilyn. I went and checked by cruise for May and it does have a place to print luggage tags.

Construction paper is too thin .You really need Bristol Board .Look it up on internet .Maybe it is called poster board but I have Never heard it called that .If you go to any $$$ store you will see it .Usually is a huge paper rack sorted by colour Get one that is a little thick .Big sheets in all colours I get Neon Green or Pink .Those you can see from FAR

You can also buy laminating sheets that just stick together, no ironing or heat necessary. I didn't think about using the packaging tape, but I think the laminating sheets are thicker.

Yes, laminating sheets are thicker. We used these for our Carnival cruise a few years back and it was wonderful. We went over seas and transferred our luggage quite a few times before arriving in Rome. They made it without even a tear.

Frankly, this is a bit sad. I just yesterday helped a neighbor prepare for their Celebrity cruise, and they pulled out luggage tags they had been sent...not only did they not have to print their own from their computer printer, but they were pre-printed with their names and cabin number. Really, how much does Princess save by not printing these out? Are they also halting the mailing out of the rest of the pre-cruise packet, with their upsell items and shore excursions?

I've cruised enough to know that luggage tags, whether they are pre-printed or non-existant until one reaches the pier, don't make or break a cruise. But it does seem to exhibit an extraordinary level of cheapness on Princess's part, particularly if the rest of the pre-cruise packet is still being mailed out.

Carnival has been doing this for some time and I take them to Kinko's and have them laminated, then punch a hole, and attach them with the luggage straps they have available. I did just receive luggage tags for our November Crown cruise - booked directly with Princess, so that might make a difference.

No matter what tags you use I'd put some id inside the bags with you name, cabin number & cell phone number on it in case the outer one gets ripped off.
I use the Magellan's "Retriever" tags. First, I make up my itinerary with any flight, pre-cruise hotel info, ship I'll be on, cabin #, cruise itinerary day-by-day with times in port, and post-cruise flight and/or hotel info. I then put it into the retriever tag. This gives me peace of mind that my bags aren't going to gbe sent right back to my home address and will be sent on to whichever destination is next.

By using regular printer paper, you'd think enough will get ripped, torn, pulled off, etc. that Princess would go back to putting them in the mail. I don't think that Princess can expect most customers to go through the efforts that folks talk about on this thread. And, lost and missing tags must really mess up the efficiency of delivering bags to the room. I understand cost cutting ... but this one seems more like Princess "shooting themselves in the foot!"

We recently cruised Carnival with the print your own tags. I just used regular paper and kept them in a file folder until we were ready to leave for the actual ship (once arrived from our flight). They are meant to be folded to give them an extra 'layer'. Once aboard our luggage was safely delivered to our room. The tags were a bit crunched up but still relatively intact.

Of course, you can certainly prepare them in advance if that makes you feel more comfortable. Remember, the originally provided tags were on sticky paper that was not really any thicker than regular paper just more flexible.

Archived