laundry special question

kosoffj

how many times is the laundry special offered on a 9 night cruise? is it offered on a 5 night cruise? if you are platinum and get the free laundry perk can you use it each time it is offered?

doing a b2b 9/5 o nthe dawn and want to pack as light as possible :D

thanks guys!

We usually pack a small bottle of detergent like Woolite, and take a universal drain stopper to do a little laundry. Your shower will have a line to hang your things to dry. Just food for thought. Enjoy your B2B!

doing a b2b 9/5 o nthe dawn and want to pack as light as possible

I'd probably expect to see it twice...once on the 9-day and once on the 5-day. But, just to avoid any confusion, note that you don't have to wait for the laundry special to send stuff to the laundry. I also like to pack light, but that means I almost always have something rotating through the laundry and I often have to pay extra for "express" (same day) service.

The trade-off is that my entire luggage for the 2-week trip I'm about to depart on weighs under 20 lbs! :-)

I just posted this over on my roll call thread, but thought I would post it here just in case no one answers me there. PLEASE no flames.. I'm just asking. But if and when they offer the first night "press any item for $1.00" or whatever it is or whatever it is called, is it limited to just one item per person? I risk being flamed here, but just wondered if you wanted to send ten or 20 shirts to be pressed if you can do that, or if it is just the one per person. Not trying to take advantage of them, but if there is no limit.. why not.

I'd probably expect to see it twice...once on the 9-day and once on the 5-day. But, just to avoid any confusion, note that you don't have to wait for the laundry special to send stuff to the laundry. I also like to pack light, but that means I almost always have something rotating through the laundry and I often have to pay extra for "express" (same day) service.

The trade-off is that my entire luggage for the 2-week trip I'm about to depart on weighs under 20 lbs! :-)

Under twenty pounds is Rick Steves magic number. While that is great for a European flight vacation, getting near that number will do for a cruise vacation from the US. But it is a good goal for packing lite....

Even if there isn't a self serve laundrymat aboard the ship, you can find them in all of the ports of call. Plus the ship has a laundry/cleaner service available every day. With few clothes packed, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to send the laundry out without a special...

I just posted this over on my roll call thread, but thought I would post it here just in case no one answers me there. PLEASE no flames.. I'm just asking. But if and when they offer the first night "press any item for $1.00" or whatever it is or whatever it is called, is it limited to just one item per person? I risk being flamed here, but just wondered if you wanted to send ten or 20 shirts to be pressed if you can do that, or if it is just the one per person. Not trying to take advantage of them, but if there is no limit.. why not.

I sent 9 items. As far as I know there is no limit. Why should there be? they have someone ready to iron.

Why would anyone flame you its a very reasonable question

I sent 9 items. As far as I know there is no limit. Why should there be? they have someone ready to iron.

Why would anyone flame you its a very reasonable question

Thanks Sid.. I just didnt want anyone to think I was trying to take advantage of them.. you know? Silly I suppose.. but I just didn't know the answer to my question. I got two weeks worth of clothes crammed into two large pieces of luggage.. LOL.. Im going to need some stuff pressed. LOL.

welove2cruise - that is fabulous! we are both platinum - yay more free laundry :)

terry - definately can do all the pressing you want with that special, we sent a bunch of stuff last time

i appreciate all your help!

Thanks Sid.. I just didnt want anyone to think I was trying to take advantage of them.. you know? Silly I suppose.. but I just didn't know the answer to my question. I got two weeks worth of clothes crammed into two large pieces of luggage.. LOL.. Im going to need some stuff pressed. LOL.

Terry and Doug...

Bon Voyage!!!!! Have a blast!!

Thank you... Just got a call (at 3AM) from US Air that our 6:15 flight has been canceled and we were rebooked on a 7AM flight.. So it is starting out an interesting trip.. LOL.

LOL! Oh no! Well, what's a cruise w/o a few snags.. ??!!

We sailed on the Pearl in Jan 2008 and do not remember this $1 per item pressing special :confused: Is this something new?? Available on all NCL ships ? Always offered on the first night of the cruise ?? This is wonderful news,,,,,will make a difference to my packing. So many questions so little time :o

Happy Cruising......

DonnaF :)

We sailed on the Pearl in Jan 2008 and do not remember this $1 per item pressing special :confused: Is this something new?? Available on all NCL ships ? Always offered on the first night of the cruise ?? This is wonderful news,,,,,will make a difference to my packing. So many questions so little time :o

Happy Cruising......

DonnaF :)

It's not always offered.

Kosoffj - not sure what "special" you're referring to... this is our first on NCL and a plain ole room, so no perks, but our "special" was all the laundry you can fit in the paper bag they give us for $25, and it was offered twice during an 11-day cruise.

I am sorta new here. Just a lurker, reader, but just recently started posting. I find it sad but not surprising that you would be concerned about being flamed over a simple question such as this. I've noticed that some of the long time posters are very intolerant. I do not mean you of course, but since you are a long time poster it appears you are very aware of the constant flaming here. Glad to see that you got your question somewhat answered. I was wondering the very same thing and was going to ask the very same question. ;)

I am sorta new here. Just a lurker' date=' reader, but just recently started posting. I find it sad but not surprising that you would be concerned about being flamed over a simple question such as this. I've noticed that some of the long time posters are very intolerant. I do not mean you of course, but since you are a long time poster it appears you are very aware of the constant flaming here. Glad to see that you got your question somewhat answered. I was wondering the very same thing and was going to ask the very same question. ;)[/quote']

somewhat answered? Its a $1 per piece(except for certain items like an evening gown) with no limit.

somewhat answered? Its a $1 per piece(except for certain items like an evening gown) with no limit.

Hmm...I said somewhat because I did not notice if any one mentioned the limit. I may have missed that answer...mainly because I am a casual lurker and poster here...do not take this quite as seriously as some of you seem to do, so hang me my my toes. ugh! No wonder the OP was hesitant to ask the question.

Archived