Connection Party Site messed up again

raudacruise

I checked the Celebrity Connections party yesterday and it said we had 94 for our TA on Century. Today it was zero. Summit (sailing same day) had well over 100 and now has 3.

Either a computer glitch or a lot of folks have changed their plans :D.

I checked the Celebrity Connections party yesterday and it said we had 94 for our TA on Century. Today it was zero. Summit (sailing same day) had well over 100 and now has 3.

Yes, our Solstice TA had over 260, and now 2. It's got to be a glitch in the system. Our Millennium Wine Cruise next year has 58, which is probably normal.

Hopefully, someone on your roll call is keeping a list. On our August cruise, Celebrity cancelled our party because they said we didn't have enough people. We didn't find out until we were onboard. They were unable to recreate the list. Enough of us inquired/complained about the cancellation that they were able to reschedule it but several people on our roll call were not informed.

Hopefully, someone on your roll call is keeping a list. On our August cruise, Celebrity cancelled our party because they said we didn't have enough people. We didn't find out until we were onboard. They were unable to recreate the list. Enough of us inquired/complained about the cancellation that they were able to reschedule it but several people on our roll call were not informed.

I'm keeping a list, checking it twice .... :D.Its all on a web site. Fortunately I have room numbers for the majority but its still going to be a pain if they can't fix it so they delivery the invites. We also have a strange itinerary (two ports of call in a row after embarkation) so its hard to guess when it will be - usually the 10am the first sea day, the day after embarkation.

Well, I wanted to check on our SUMMIT cruise for January and now

when you click on the "Register to attend a Connections Party" link

it says the site is under maintanence....so you cannot even

look at it right now:eek::rolleyes::(

Hi Melissa....we are on the same cruise...last week when I checked it said 99. Now I wonder if that was really an accurate count. We'll find out very soon...we're flying down the 19th so will have a few days of R and R. See you the 23rd.~~~~Nancy

I think 99 was accurate. I hope everyone won't have to sign up again. Maybe after they finish their 'maintenance' it will go back to normal.

We are visiting the Washington DC/Baltimore area for 11 days before the cruise so we leave Thursday and are currently in the packing, trying not to forget anything, wondering if we have enough/too much stuff for a 4 week vacation. See you then. We're really excited for our first Celebrity cruise!

Well, I wanted to check on our SUMMIT cruise for January and now

when you click on the "Register to attend a Connections Party" link

it says the site is under maintanence....so you cannot even

look at it right now:eek::rolleyes::(

Yeah, its pretty much dead right now. I was trying to check out some other things and got the under maintanence error as well. Looks like the =X= site caught the whatever flu was happening here a the last few weeks ;).

On our Infinity cruise, Margaret, the event planner used our roll call list with the cabin numbers that we had. I talked to her as soon as I got on board. Those who don't feel comfortable sharing their cabin #s can lose out because we don't collect last names. This problem was happening last summer as well because we had read about it before our cruise Sept. 25.

The event planner should work with you and deliver invitations if you have a list.

Still something amiss. I happened to check on our cruise numbers (Millie, Nov 27) yesterday: 36. Currently it's 4. Celebrity's site seems slow today. I don't get the 'under maintenance' message but I wonder if they're working on it.

Our 12/21 Mercury went from 70 last night to 0 just now. I'm asking everyone on our roll call to email me their cabin number & name so I can bring a list to the ship. It sounds like this happens often enough that we could miss the party boat. :D

j

I think I'll just go to our Mercury thread and have everyone sign up again, just in case. This happened at the beginning of this year also.

Hope all your sign-ups resign. That's what I would do just be sure you have the party. It's not our faults, Celebrity has to get it's act together!

I called Celebrity -- they have nothing to do with the cruise connections party, sign up for, etc. Celebrity just hosts the party onboard the ship. It's all Cruise Critic -- connections@celebritycruises.com is Cruise Critic. That's who you will receive the e-mail from saying you made the connection and are signed up for the Party. They collect all the data and send it to Celebrity.

I called the editor and she told me to contact LauraS@cruisecritic.com who will look into this glitch.

I called Celebrity -- they have nothing to do with the cruise connections party, sign up for, etc. Celebrity just hosts the party onboard the ship. It's all Cruise Critic -- connections@celebritycruises.com is Cruise Critic. That's who you will receive the e-mail from saying you made the connection and are signed up for the Party. They collect all the data and send it to Celebrity.

I called the editor and she told me to contact LauraS@cruisecritic.com who will look into this glitch.

That's odd. That's the address (connections...) that customer service told me to use to send messages to the event planner on the ship about the party. Made sense to me because the address is celebritycruises.com and not cruisecritic.com. We wanted our party in the afternoon with drinks available for purchase and they did it. They were super cooperative other than having the list correct.

That's odd. That's the address (connections...) that customer service told me to use to send messages to the event planner on the ship about the party. Made sense to me because the address is celebritycruises.com and not cruisecritic.com. We wanted our party in the afternoon with drinks available for purchase and they did it. They were super cooperative other than having the list correct.

Maybe I misunderstood the lady in customer service, but that does make sense. Since the confirmation e-mail for the connections party comes from connections@ celeb cruises.com, why doesn't Celebrity seem to know anything about it and told me to call cruise critic? :confused:

The sign ups are on the Celebrity website. It is all hosted on their servers and databases. The Cruise Critic website has nothing to do with that database. It is all tied to your booking # when you register.

Cruisecritic.com has no access to your celebrity booking reservation info.

The Celebrity Rep was wrong and simply just doesn't know the infrastructure.

The entire Celebrity website was experiencing issues yesterday. I was having a tough time getting anything to work. They probably had some major network/server problems.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just got the site back up and working and at some point in the near future restore the database that contains the cruise critic party info from a backup. (that's what we would probably do where I work)

I guess if you keep calling Celebrity and getting a different person, you will get a different answer. Some of the people I've talked with had no idea what a cruise connection party was. Oceangrace's post makes the most sense.

Maybe I misunderstood the lady in customer service, but that does make sense. Since the confirmation e-mail for the connections party comes from connections@ celeb cruises.com, why doesn't Celebrity seem to know anything about it and told me to call cruise critic? :confused:

I talked to several people in customer service. It seems that in customer service if you don't like the answer you get, call back and you will get a different answer. It's sad but true.

On the morning of our cruise out of Seattle a husband preferred to listen to customer service whom he had called that morning instead of his wife who read cruise critic and went to the wrong dock for Infinity, paid for a cab, unloaded his luggage, etc. Customer service was giving out the wrong info all morning about which dock. It was the first time this season the Infinity had sailed from that particular dock and they (customer service) weren't aware of the change. It was correct on our roll call on cruise critic.

The sign ups are on the Celebrity website. It is all hosted on their servers and databases. The Cruise Critic website has nothing to do with that database. It is all tied to your booking # when you register.

Cruisecritic.com has no access to your celebrity booking reservation info.

The Celebrity Rep was wrong and simply just doesn't know the infrastructure.

The entire Celebrity website was experiencing issues yesterday. I was having a tough time getting anything to work. They probably had some major network/server problems.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just got the site back up and working and at some point in the near future restore the database that contains the cruise critic party info from a backup. (that's what we would probably do where I work)

Celebrity's site is responding normally now but our roll call is still not right. Only some roll calls were affected, which would make it an odd database problem, but that's what it might be. They probably don't pay as much attention to this database as to the one that holds their bookings, but you'd still think they could do a restore. Maybe I'll try to re-register and see if my booking number is still good :-(

Just an FYI ~ I have already reported this problem to our Cruise Critic management for forwarding to Celebrity. Hang in there. It's happened on one of my cruises before, too. Let me see what we can find out.

I noticed the same phenomena for 12/14/09 Equinox Ultimate Carib - 90 something yesterday, only 4 now !!

Just an FYI ~ I have already reported this problem to our Cruise Critic management for forwarding to Celebrity. Hang in there. It's happened on one of my cruises before, too. Let me see what we can find out.

As I mentioned in my reply to another post, I noticed same thing for Equinox 12/14/09 Ultimate Carib - 90 something yesterday and 4 now ! Does this mean we have to sign up all over again?

Archived