Elite Lounge Tipping

SeaDays

I'm sure it's been covered, but we're currently on the Equinox and didn't want to use up internet minutes with a search.

Question is, on this cruise the evening lounge session has moved from Michael's Club to the Sky Club lounge due to the number of Elites. There we were served by many of the regular Sky Club servers. We would certainly expect to tip, but should we leave our appreciation with the regular Michael's Club attendant, or is there another method?

Thanks for your input!

SeaDays

We used Michael's Club for cappuccino several mornings and left him a tip the last morning. Our afternoon Elite times was not in the Sky Club Lounge so I cannot comment.

Is Ria Erasmus still the Captains Club Hostess?

There have been several threads on this. From what I remember people were using those extra ones we all travel with to tip for the free drinks as they were served. There was not enough consistency of havng the same server to tip at the end. At least that's what I got out of it.

There have been several threads on this. From what I remember people were using those extra ones we all travel with to tip for the free drinks as they were served. There was not enough consistency of havng the same server to tip at the end. At least that's what I got out of it.

Hi Dzcruisers !

I just returned home from 13 days on Constellation. There were so many Elite Members onboard, they had the afternoon Lounge at Reflections on Deck 11. The morning lounge was at Michael's Club.

Most every day, there was a rotation of bar servers, so we just gave each server a tip when they served us. I found that to be the best way.

We tipped as we were served in the afternoon. Since we had the same servers in the morning, we tipped them at the end of the cruise.

Since you seem to have a variety of servers in the afternoon, I would tip a couple of dollars on a daily basis. More if they are really attentive to you.

We were recently on the Equinox TA. The poor servers were worked off their feet, as people were ordering drinks, often two at a time.

We wondered if they were getting anything extra from Celebrity, as they were working harder during these two hours than at any other time of the day.

We gave them a tip when we received drinks, but didn't see many people doing so.

We're just off the Equinox, where there were 750 Elites on board. We asked the Captain's Club hostess about tipping and she suggested just tipping whoever you figured served you the most often. We generally sat in the same section the days we went to the lounge and were waited on by the same nice, patient girl each day, so we just tipped her on the last day (we noticed several other people doing the same).

• 4 weeks later...

We just got off the Solstice Transatlantic last week. Lots of sea days, and lots of opportunity to take advantage of the Elite Member perks.

We sat with a group of anywhere between 10-15 Roll Call members each afternoon. Lots of Elite members on this cruise so it was held in the Sky Lounge. It was pretty crowded up there. We were told that the bartenders only got paid an extra $10 a day for their service during the 2 hours in the afternoon.

We each slipped the bartender anywhere from $3-5 each afternoon after he got us our first drink. Even with the crowd up there, it's amazing the great service we got. He even came by 5 minutes before closing to take "last call" while we observed others chasing down the waiters just to get their first drink. The word got around, and we had no problems getting lickety split service.

It was a small price to pay for 4-5 Heinekens and 2-3 Cosmos at your beck and call. :)

That is exactly what I did on the Dec. 4-14, Equinox cruise; and, I can assure you that it was appreciated by the servers. As a matter of fact, one young lady, who most often served me, would bring me my drink almost before I was seated.

We were on Century with 80 Elite so we fit in Michaels Club. I started tipping the bartender at the beginning who said he would share with the waiters. I made sure to give the the tip when the servers were nearby, so they were aware we appreciated the good service. They do recognize you a bit faster when you walk in the door!

We just got off the Century and enjoyed Michael's Club each morning and afternoon. My husband always made sure that he left a tip each day, just in case the servers changed. He didn't want to over look anyone, and we always had wonderful service.

We recently returned from the Equinox Dec. 4th cruise and tipped the servers who served us most often in the Sky Lounge on the last evening...also, the polite young man with a smile who served the canapes. This is a great elite perk from Celebrity which was enjoyed and appreciated.

Haven't been on Celebrity since they enhanced the perks for Elite, please tell me what happens in the afternoon in Michael's Club and I assume drinks in the evening. On RCCL, we always tip the main servers in the Lounge and the Conceirge. Thanks for the information.

Haven't been on Celebrity since they enhanced the perks for Elite, please tell me what happens in the afternoon in Michael's Club and I assume drinks in the evening. On RCCL, we always tip the main servers in the Lounge and the Conceirge. Thanks for the information.

Hi,:) if the numbers of Elite Members are on the smaller side there

are drinks and appetizers every afternoon from 4-6 in Michael's Club.

If the number of folks are larger (as some have noted...over 700:eek:)

they will move the afternoon stuff to a larger venue.

As for assuming about drinks in the evenings? Nope, evenings are

not part of this new perk.

Mornings they have pastries, bagels, etc....along with cappuchinos,

lattes, smoothies, coffees, tea, etc..

We were on Equinox Dec 4-14th. There were enough Elite members to warrant moving the daily cocktail reception from Michael's Club to the Sky Lounge. In a nutshell, Elite members were able to go to the Sky Lounge from 4pm - 6pm daily and receive drinks free of charge. We normally tipped each server as they brought our drinks, so it eliminated any confusion as to how and whom to tip. The servers appreciated the consideration. There was a select choice menu for drinks, but Celebrity was quite fair in their choices. Appetizers were served as well. I must say, this new perk is first class. We were able to enjoy sail aways from ports and enjoy the sunsets in the evenings from the Sky Lounge. Just another reason to stay with Celebrity.

Archived