Princess Cays canceled for New Years Day on Crown

Love Boat Dream

I'm on the Crown right now and our stop at Princess Cays got cancelled. There are high winds and rough seas and the one tender that got put in the water bobbed around like a cork so Capt Nash decided to cancel the port. That's ok. The weather is nice and we have another sea day!

I'm on the Crown right now and our stop at Princess Cays got cancelled. There are high winds and rough seas and the one tender that got put in the water bobbed around like a cork so Capt Nash decided to cancel the port. That's ok. The weather is nice and we have another sea day!

Enjoy your cruise. We'll be getting on the 23rd and P. Cays has never been one of my highlights. Love those sea days! :D

Same thing happened to us on the Ruby 2 weeks ago--it's about 2/3 in our experience making it in December/January to any of the Bahamas tender islands.

Princess does add more ship activities when this happens-don't be too concerned.

Les

It's a good thing Crash Nash is playing it safe this time. Believe me, you wouldn't want to be on Princess Cays when it's really windy anyway. We were once and the sand really hurts when it's blowing hard in the wind! Not to mention, the ketchup packets stick to you and sand flies into your burger. :D

Princess Cays is nice if you have small children who enjoys playing in the sand. I find it doesn't have enough shaded area for me to park myself there. When it's hot and muggy, you are better off staying on the ship.

We are not beach people yet we find Princess Cays interesting.

The area outside of the gate leads to some fun local shopping kiosks and then one can walk to the main road through some nice scenery including the estuary.

The walk along the beach and the rocks inside the area for a mile or so in either direction uncovers all sorts of intersting vistas.

It appears virtually no one walks outside of the area so one can explore without any crowds.

Archived