Nice jeans allowed in the dining room??

YES they are the hottest hottest nice things at the rodeo in Houston!:D

Male or Female which is all relative!!!!!!!!!!;)

We love rodeo here as evidenced by the fact that Carnival Warehouse

named the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo the Top Fair in the North American Continent for 2009

with attendance of 1,890,332........ topping the Texas State Fair in Dallas for the first time..

It is a big charitable event!!! 12 to 15 million is giving out annually in college schlorships EACH year

This is something worth while to do before or after a cruise..... from Galvestion....

in February/ March.

This is partially why you see a lot of nice things in jeans on board the Vogager out of Galveston.

one word..YAAAHOOOOOO!

GOD BLESS TEXAS!:)

What are nice jeans? Does it go by cost? The more expensive the nicer? For instance the jeans with holes like the country singers ware that cost a thousand bucks: are these nice?

I think they mean leftover Jordaches from the 70s

I see nothing wrong with jeans in the dining room.Only a bunch of old fuddy duddy's would have a problem.This is a vacation and not a grand ball.Evening attire can be bought at Walmart just as it can at Sac's and beleive me you can tell a difference.If you want to dress up by all means do so. If your into casual attire then that should be OK also.If you want to be a part of the old travelers that sneer at anyone who doesn't dress up to there standards then maybe you should sail on the QE2 or holland or even princess.Just be careful of the little scooters with there little horns.

There is no such thing as nice jeans!

I have a Pr of jeans that I probably paid more for than half the clothes you wear to dinner.

Jeans have a poorly pre concieved idea that they are ragged at the heels badly worn and torn and dirty.

This is not true some demin jeans look classy and are worn by celebs and others world wide.

Here in aussie as a boy from the bush I grew up in jeans and boots the insides legs of which were worn from riding, I would never where these anywhere but in the paddock. I still have 2 prs of riding boots one for show and one for work ( casual riding only now). And I know which is socially acceptable in what places.

TUXEDO'S DO NOT MAKETH THE MAN.

those of you how are affronted by jean's wearers come down under and go to a B & S Ball. At the beginning of the night everyone is in ballgowns and Tux's. As the night progress's...welll lets say its a social event not to be missed. It is a pity that it is dying out now and a lot of Aussies have never attended one and will go down in history of one of those mytical events your grandparents talk of.

We still talk in our family of my then to be wife falling backwards into a pond of stagnant water at 4 in the morning in a Ball Gown worth over 750 dollars, and this occurred 20+ yrs ago.

hi

i love jeans, but jeans are frowned upon as years ago it was the clothing of the working labour class people, as they were hardy clothing that wore well under stress, but when people like james dean and co started wearing them in the movies it became a fashion accessory, that has stuck thru time, my nephew wears jeans that cost £150 a pair and then pays another £20 to the shop to rip them where he wants them ripped and worn out looking, i have to say when he wears them with a nice tailoured shirt he looks smart even thou he is casual, i my opinion smart casual is better than no effort at all

Whatever each person is comfortable with?

Treat yourself with respect and others on formal night.

We have a term on Galveston Island Smart Casual

which really is a term to nudge one to better dress.

Smart Formal is a term used on the ship!

With the normal bell shaped curve concept

everything is relative. Such is life!

The cruise is for everone to enjoy in their own relativity.

Lets have fun and enjoy regardless. :D

I just want to live happily ever after, every now and then.:D

By God I am on the cruise! For myself! Looking forward to meet everyone!

Our hang out on Galveston Island is a great little place where happy hour is…

where you meet everybody who is anybody and some who aren't.

And that's all relative too.:D

"Attitude is the difference between ordeal and adventure"

Reminds me of an old Steve Martin bit, from his "Let's Get Small" comedy album, circa 1976 or 1977. Guy at the next table says to him, "do you mind if I smoke?" and Steve's reply is "not at all, do you mind if I fart? Its one of MY habits. I quit for a year once, you know, but then I gained a lot of weight..."

Do you mean smoking or farting?????????:eek:

Sorry...I just couldn't resist!!!!:D

Oh for Gods sake..Can you not dress up for one night? Jeans???? Are you going to Walmart for the evening? Take some pride in yourselves for a change. I am so sick of seeing slobs. I am NOT an old fuddy duddy as one person wrote in. I am a beautiful woman that cares how she looks. I will be the one with a slinky dress that your husband is looking at. Then he will turn to you and say Ugh!

Oh for Gods sake..Can you not dress up for one night? Jeans???? Are you going to Walmart for the evening? Take some pride in yourselves for a change. I am so sick of seeing slobs. I am NOT an old fuddy duddy as one person wrote in. I am a beautiful woman that cares how she looks. I will be the one with a slinky dress that your husband is looking at. Then he will turn to you and say Ugh!

Look I agree for formal nights jeans may not be appropriate but for the other nights jeans should be acceptible esp since they dont need ironing after you wash them....lol... hang them up in the shower and they drip dry no creases. Add a collared polo shirt, a pr of colorado's and your sweet.

Archived