Cruise Director's Listing: January - March 2010

LauraS

When will the April CD listing be out? According to this list, Casey Pelter leaves AOS as of 4/2 - which seems odd since AOS sails on Sundays and we leave on 4/4. Any news? Just in case Casey stays, does anyone know what he/she is like?

I have read some good posts about him. However, when we were on Adventure I thought he was very poor. Many on my roll call thread felt like he was the missing cruise director. Sail-a-ways were nothing to speak of at all. In fact, when in St. Maarten on Adventure, Ocean Village was docked across from us and it was THEIR sail-a-way that made ours exciting. I would be quite happy to not run into Casey again.

I have read some good posts about him. However, when we were on Adventure I thought he was very poor. Many on my roll call thread felt like he was the missing cruise director. Sail-a-ways were nothing to speak of at all. In fact, in St. Maarten adventure Ocean Village was docked across from us and it was THEIR sail-a-way that made ours exciting. I would be quite happy to not run into Casey again.

Thanks OB - that's not exactly what I wanted to hear but...!:) I hope he's not on the AOS when we board then. As I said, according to the listing, he's supposed to be gone as of 4/2 so maybe we'll get someone really great. Who could I hope for?

I have read some good posts about him. However, when we were on Adventure I thought he was very poor. Many on my roll call thread felt like he was the missing cruise director. Sail-a-ways were nothing to speak of at all. In fact, in St. Maarten adventure Ocean Village was docked across from us and it was THEIR sail-a-way that made ours exciting. I would be quite happy to not run into Casey again.

Agreed.:rolleyes:

I have read some good posts about him. However, when we were on Adventure I thought he was very poor. Many on my roll call thread felt like he was the missing cruise director. Sail-a-ways were nothing to speak of at all. In fact, when in St. Maarten on Adventure, Ocean Village was docked across from us and it was THEIR sail-a-way that made ours exciting. I would be quite happy to not run into Casey again.

Agreed as well. :rolleyes:

Which is weird because some people absolutely adored him. As for me... meh.

Mercedes La Fuentes?

Never heard of her.......has anyone else? :eek::confused::eek:

She was CD on Legend of the Seas two years ago when we cruised out of Santo Domingo. She was fine and I believe that her fluency in Spanish was one of the reasons she was assigned to this particular itinerary since on some sailings there was a heavy Hispanic contingent. Not among the top CDs in my personal pantheon, but more than adequate. She didn't have some of the annoying characteristics that some CDs seem to cultivate.

Graham is definitely one of the best, but I have to say that since being on Mariner last year, Abe is my favorite. He was very entertaining, seemed very genuine, and didn't seem as scripted. Speaking of, I'm glad that Ken Rush will be off of Oasis by the time we sail in two weeks. We've been with him too many times, and I know most of his jokes - but he is good.

Had James Andrews twice and didn't like him either time - not a natural kind of guy - too off the wall and too much into himself -

We like Drew Devine from the Monarch, great organizer and being a smaller ship - did a terrific job with disco night, belly flot contests - etc and was always visible and most pleasant to be around - and he's Canadian, so thats a bonus for us:)

Anyone know what kind of CD Abe Hughes is? It appears he will replace Mr. Brooks In March. Wonder if he'll still be on The Freedom at the end of June?

Just curious.

Tigers2425

Abe Hughes is excellent - we did 46 nights with him on the Mariner and 2 - 7 night cruises since then one on the Mariner and one on the Liberty. He is going off the Freedom on April 11th and does not know where is he going next.

Anyone know what kind of CD Abe Hughes is? It appears he will replace Mr. Brooks In March. Wonder if he'll still be on The Freedom at the end of June?

Just curious.

Tigers2425

We have had Abe twice I think--maybe 3 times. He is good. Very energetic and the youngest of all CD's.

Thanks everyone for the updates on Abe Hughes. Sounds like we will be in good hands in June. How many months do they usually stay on one ship? If he's coming on in March he should still be there in June right?

Appreciate everyone's insight. Glad to hear he is such a good CD.

Tigers2425

Lori:)

He ok not that great as others but he ok,for me he need more pratice he good in small ships and the voyager class but the freedom class he need training

Re: Abe Hughes...that's an interesting comment, because he's been on the Freedom (back and forth, presumably) for QUITE a while. He was on the Freedom when Samantha Brown spent a week there and that was, I think, in '08.

From the nice folks over at Royal Caribbean:

Cruise Director's Listing - January through March 2010

Enjoy,

Laura

Fantastic list.

Would you happen to know when the next list will be available (April - June)?

I'm interested in knowing which CD will be on the AOS on April 25....and who will be on the Freedom on May 30th.

Thanks.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived