Must have dishes on HAL!

Sailaways_

In 2008 there was a similar thread and I kept a tally of how often certain foods were mentioned.

Mentioned most often:Baked Brie

A close second: Escargots Bourginone

Coming in third: Tri flavored creme brulee

Well liked:

fruit creme soups (various flavors were mentioned)

braided pecan pastries

bread pudding

Honorable mention:

Lobster Bisque

Caesar salad

mac & cheese

Rack of lamb (rare to medium rare)

Chocolate Volcano Cake

crab cakes in the Pinnacle

Beef Wellington

Most of the soups I had were excellent - those on top of the list:

Curried Butternut Squash

Duck and Sausage Gumbo

Chilled Mango Gazpacho

Chilled Carrot and Orange Bisque with Cumin

I really liked the thinly sliced salmon (available in the Neptune Lounge and it showed up as an appetizer in the MDR).

Main dishes:

veal cordon bleu

rack of lamb

filet mignon (better in the Pinnacle - MDR cut was a bit thin, but very tender)

Deserts:

Chocolate mousse in brandy snap basket

Chocolate volcano cake in Pinnacle (the souffle may be their signature desert, but I thought the volcano cake was much better)

Chocolate Crème Brulee

Deserts:

Chocolate mousse in brandy snap basket

Chocolate volcano cake in Pinnacle (the souffle may be their signature desert, but I thought the volcano cake was much better)

Chocolate Crème Brulee

Yes, yes, and an emphatic yessss! Add to those the warm flourless chocolate cake in the dining room. Also, the Baked Alaska served in the Pinnacle. Um-um-good. :D

I haven't seen the parmesian crusted chicken listed. Delicious. If you see it on the menu, place an order. The prime rib is excellent.

That would be Nasi Goreng with Sambal sauce (just a little)

Osso Bucco

Bread Pudding

Escargots

Cinnamon ice cream

Creme Brulee in Pinnacle

Antipasto in Canaletto

and TADA!--those yeasty raisin buns at breakfast.

RETIREDMUSTANG--have a great trip on Noordam. Did a 10day in Dec. and loved it! C.

Cappucino Bombe on rasberry puree. Used to be on Dutch night and I have not seen it in years.

Ohhh, I used to love the cappucino bombe. Every now and then they used to have them at the ice cream counter in Lido at lunch time. Haven't seen them in a very long time.

Ohhh, I used to love the cappucino bombe. Every now and then they used to have them at the ice cream counter in Lido at lunch time. Haven't seen them in a very long time.

I think that it was labor intensive and thats probably why we don't see it any more. Possibly we can petition and have it a staple in the Pinnacle ? It was to die for though.

I think that it was labor intensive and thats probably why we don't see it any more. Possibly we can petition and have it a staple in the Pinnacle ? It was to die for though.

Sign me up for THAT Petition. I'd love to taste that wonderful bombe again. :)

Last January on the Noordam it was offered once in twenty days...I ordered two and ate every bit of it:D

My favorites:

For Breakfast (Lido): Belgium waffles with assorted fruit sauces, eggs benedict messina (sp?) with mushrooms and artichoke, homefries, and an awesome assortment of juices (at least 8 including fresh squeezed OJ)

For B Dining Room: Granola encrusted french toast and peach walnut pancakes

Lunch Lido: Eggplant lasagna and this awesome grilled veggie dish (in the asian section)

Lunch Dining room: Cheese ravioli and mango sorbet

Dinner (dining room): cranberry soup, blueberry soup, Parm encrusted veal, beef tenderloin, mahi mahi, pork medallions and most incredible desserts were chocolate souffle, pinapple-colada creme brulee, and lemon mousse cake

Canelleto- antipasta appetizer and lemoncello dessert

Enjoy your cruise!

I am a vegetarian. The Sweet & Sour Tempura Vegetables at Tamarind & the Mushroom & Potato Tart with some sort of cream sauce (can't remember the name) in the main dining room were awesome!

omg you guys! I didn't expect to get this many replies, awesome! Thanks to everyone for telling us your favs. I love hearing them and I'm taking notes for my cruise. :D I'm practically ravenous reading this thread!

Keep it coming! :D

Appetizers: baked brie, escargot

Desserts: Cappucino Bombe (sad to say, I believe no longer offered)

OH, NO!!

On my last cruise they told me, "It's only offered on longer cruises."

On a 14 day cruise we had it numerous times as our waiter had suggested we could have it "anytime."

They had to go a long way to get it from the freezer or something like that..................we had it the night of Baked Alaska, even. I do NOT like the Baked Alaska. The three times I've tried it, all I've been served was the meringue............ick! Never once have I received any ice-cream. I would take Cappucino Bombe every night.:p

Archived