Pride tomorrow

Ms. Fun Bunch

Not yet...we are scheduled to depart on the Pride and no word yet. I haven't gone anywhere so I know my phone hasn't rung. When I called this afternoon they said they would make a decision either this evening or tomorrow morning. So far, nothing....

I just booked this afternoon and was told to check the website in the AM. If there is a delay, they will post it, as well as try to make calls.

wow did you get a special last minute price to book this late with all the snow? (and probably cancellations?)

I wanted to know because my cousin works in New York for the company that does embarkation and departation. She is on a bus with 23 other workers that just left N.Y. for Baltimore to help with the Pride tomorrow. They are staying at a hotel near the pier. They haven't heard anything about a delay and she was just curious if I had read anything on CC about a delay.

I wanted to know because my cousin works in New York for the company that does embarkation and departation. She is on a bus with 23 other workers that just left N.Y. for Baltimore to help with the Pride tomorrow. They are staying at a hotel near the pier. They haven't heard anything about a delay and she was just curious if I had read anything on CC about a delay.

That's cool! They're gonna need all the help they can get, I bet. Hope they brought shovels!!?

Delay?? is the harbor frozen over?

hahahahha. Id say almost a certain delay, no matter what the official word is. Those folks in the parking lots gotta get out so the new cruisers can get in, and their cars are in a couple of feet of snow, or more.

Im wishing everyone well who has to make it onboard and hope we dont have posts tomorrow from folks wanting to know if Carnival will give them a refund if they dont cruise and cant get to the port. Good luck guys.

No the harbor isn't frozen over but since all the airports are closed, trains are not running and there is anywhere between 20 inches to 32 inches of snow in the area it will take people driving here sometime to get here the ship departing time will probaly be delayed.

No the harbor isn't frozen over but since all the airports are closed, trains are not running and there is anywhere between 20 inches to 32 inches of snow in the area it will take people driving here sometime to get here the ship departing time will probaly be delayed.

Sorry, I was being funny....i forgot not everyone knows me. LOL

BBBBUUUUUUUTTTTTT, i am assuming carnival will pleasantly remind people that the weather is not their concern. I would definately say that this is a GREAT example of the need for cruise insurance.(I say as I sit here booked with non yet). Don't be surprised if the Pride sails with only a slight delay and considerably less passengers.

My guess is that either the crusie leaves on time or it is canceled. Thee is really no practicle way to delay it. What are you going to do, wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to sail. With snow like is in the area people should not be attemoting to drive anyway, and with all the airports closed until at least Monday what does Carnival do?

My guess is that either the crusie leaves on time or it is canceled. Thee is really no practicle way to delay it. What are you going to do, wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to sail. With snow like is in the area people should not be attemoting to drive anyway, and with all the airports closed until at least Monday what does Carnival do?

December there was a snow storm almost as bad, and Carnival delayed until 8 pm for the ship to leave the port to give folks extra time to board.

I think thats what people mean when they are asking if Carnival is going to delay tomorrow ... they mean like happened in December.

December there was a snow storm almost as bad, and Carnival delayed until 8 pm for the ship to leave the port to give folks extra time to board.

I think thats what people mean when they are asking if Carnival is going to delay tomorrow ... they mean like happened in December.

December's snowstorm was a dusting compared to this. You cannot compare the two at all. I can easily see them delaying as it will take a long time to get the cars out that are currently parked there. I just saw you are in TX, so you have no way to know what we currently are dealing with or what the storm in Dec was compared to this one. It took my DH almost 6 hours to clear out most of our driveway (90 feet long) and we have a snowblower with a 22" opening. This was a very wet snow for the most part and you cant' just shovel it away in a short amount of time. Then, there's what you do with the snow you do move.

Honestly...I suspect that most cruisers on the Pride are NOT flying in, but are driving to the port. I mean, if you are going to fly to get on a cruise ship why fly to a northern port and endure cold days on both ends of the trip when you can fly to Florida and get warm weather all 7 days?

Here in NJ, the snow stopped by 3pm. We were outside shoveling and had a clear driveway in 2 hours; the plow had even come through our development and by 6pm our roadways are clear enough to drive on.

While this storm is more significant in snow totals than the December storm, the timing was a little better. In December when the Pride was delayed, the snow didn't stop until early Sunday morning, leaving the roads in much worse shape at the time when returning cruisers were leaving and new cruisers arriving.

This time around, the snow stopped this evening and crews will have a good 12-18 hours to clear things without additional snow impeding their work.

It still won't be an easy transition for anyone, though.

Honestly...I suspect that most cruisers on the Pride are NOT flying in, but are driving to the port. I mean, if you are going to fly to get on a cruise ship why fly to a northern port and endure cold days on both ends of the trip when you can fly to Florida and get warm weather all 7 days?

Here in NJ, the snow stopped by 3pm. We were outside shoveling and had a clear driveway in 2 hours; the plow had even come through our development and by 6pm our roadways are clear enough to drive on.

While this storm is more significant in snow totals than the December storm, the timing was a little better. In December when the Pride was delayed, the snow didn't stop until early Sunday morning, leaving the roads in much worse shape at the time when returning cruisers were leaving and new cruisers arriving.

This time around, the snow stopped this evening and crews will have a good 12-18 hours to clear things without additional snow impeding their work.

It still won't be an easy transition for anyone, though.

So? NJ didnt' get near as much snow as the DC-Balt area so it's not the same thing at all. Baltimore got as much as DC and for the most part, the main roads and highways might have ONE plowed lane. The side roads have not all been touched. I know a lot of people who's neighborhood hasn't been touched and unless they have a large 4 wheel drive, aren't going anywhere for a couple of days.

I guarantee you, unless they had a very short driveway, no one in Baltimore was able to shovel out their driveway in 2 hours, nor were trucks out clearing all the side streets.

Let's hear from someone who actually lives in Baltimore and knows what the roads are like. The airports here are still closed too.

Actually, I do get it that this snow was more and wetter, and I grew up in northern Ohio, where it snows. I also know Carnival, who wouldnt let people cancel before Ike was blowing into Galveston, even Ecstasy which left about 48 hours before hurricane Ike hit were supposed told they were not allowed to cancel. (I personally lost my car), so I know that Carnival wouldnt do much, except leave late.

Thats why Im hoping people get this about Carnival and assume they better have planned ahead and get to the port. The ship may leave late ... but Id bet any money that Carnival doesnt cancel or allow pax to cancel.

Delay?? is the harbor frozen over?

we returned on the Pride after the last snowstorm in december (feel bad for the ones who had to travel up the coast with the storm. it was AWFUL)

with that said, they had the railroad contractors to dig out the cars, and clear the lots... i believe carnival also postponed departure until 7 or 8 that night for the people who may have been held up or taken longer to get there because of the weather... from what i've heard from nw of philly (turnpike to blue route to 95 south to delaware) is totally 100% cleared and driveable. if people just take thier time and leave early everyone should be fine! happy sailing, shes a GREAT ship.

Well, since we're living and experiencing the BIGGEST STORM in years, I can tell you the roads are terrible right now and people are getting stuck and running off the road all over the place. I'm not saying they'll cancel, but I dont' doubt they will be delayed.

But, if you're not experiencing 24-30 inches of snow in this area as I am right now, you can't know what it's like on the roads here.

we returned on the Pride after the last snowstorm in december (feel bad for the ones who had to travel up the coast with the storm. it was AWFUL)

with that said, they had the railroad contractors to dig out the cars, and clear the lots... i believe carnival also postponed departure until 7 or 8 that night for the people who may have been held up or taken longer to get there because of the weather... from what i've heard from nw of philly (turnpike to blue route to 95 south to delaware) is totally 100% cleared and driveable. if people just take thier time and leave early everyone should be fine! happy sailing, shes a GREAT ship.

Not everyone is coming from the north. In fact, if it's like our Grandeur trip out of Baltimore this past July, the majority of cruisers were from MD, VA and NC. Philly to Baltimore didn't get the amount of snow that DC to Baltimore did. I-95 south of Baltimore isnt' 100% clear and it's not the interestates that are going to be the problem, it's getting to them that is the major challenge. Plus, it will take at least twice as long to dig out those cars that are currently parked at the port.

I just know that if you're not currently in this area and experiencing it, you can't possibly know what it's like here. Double the snow is exponentially more work.

Philly to Baltimore didn't get the amount of snow that DC to Baltimore did. I-95 south of Baltimore isnt' 100% clear and it's not the interestates that are going to be the problem, it's getting to them that is the major challenge. Plus, it will take at least twice as long to dig out those cars that are currently parked at the port.

I don't think that people who are not in the mid Atlantic realize how devastating this storm is. It started as far south as central North Carolina on Thursday night and people are still without power, service is expected to be restored by mid week.

As the storm moved north it got worse quick. There are appx 10 inches at the NC -Va border and in the DC - Baltimore area, over 2 feet. These areas of the country are not used to dealing with this amount of snow and do not have the equipment to deal with it in a timely manner. Airports are closed and not expected to open until Monday.

People have no business attempting to drive except for an emergency in the Baltimore Washington area. It is going to be mid week before it is reasonable to expect traffic to be moving. (another storm is predicted for Tuesday/Wednesday)

If this cruise is not canceled, it is going to sail with very few passengers.

Having lived in the DC area, I understand this is a major weather event. That said - it is also the reason we retired from the military to south Texas. When it snows here, we stay home until the sun melts that frozen precepitation.

I do hope that everyone travels safely and makes it to their cruise on time. As well as those disembarking have a safe trip home.

Archived