10 of 22 Ships in Europe for Summer 2011

Adam Goldstein's latest blog entry (http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=1077) states that they'll have 10 of 22 ships in Europe for summer 2011. How do you think that'll affect the rest of their market? Cheaper prices for Europe? More expensive for Caribbean? I know Oasis and Allure are expected to take up a lot of the Caribbean itinerary, but that seems like an awfully big leap of faith for the European market...

I guess it just seems to me that the Caribbean will be under-represented for that time... here's how I see it:

Europe -- 10 ships (as Adam Goldstein says)

Alaska -- 2 ships (one round trip and one northbound/southbound)

Canada -- 2 ships (one from Baltimore and one from New Jersey)

Bahamas -- 2 ships (Monarch/Majesty)

San Juan -- 1 ship

Panama -- 1 ship

That leaves 4 ships to service the Eastern/Western Caribbean routes... :confused:

I guess it just seems to me that the Caribbean will be under-represented for that time... here's how I see it:

San Juan -- 1 ship

Panama -- 1 ship

That leaves 4 ships to service the Eastern/Western Caribbean routes... :confused:

Have to think Explorer from Cape Liberty and Grandeur from Norfolk/Baltimore are going to do 5 day Bermuda trips from April-September and then 1 will switch to Canada/New England in the fall.

Hopefully that means that someone at Royal has realised the importance of the Non US market, and in turn we might get some better communication because of it.

Indeed. Cruising has rapidly become one of the more popular choices for holidaying within the UK travel industry and the market is growing rapidly. I believe that more opportunities for us to cruise with a shorter flight and cheaper air fares will further improve the choice we get. This can only be a good thing.

Hopefully that means that someone at Royal has realised the importance of the Non US market, and in turn we might get some better communication because of it.

Have you been drinking ? :p Or are you forever hopefull ;)

Non US market + better communication, does not = RCCL :eek::D

Isnt it only like one more than this year? :confused:

Have to think Explorer from Cape Liberty and Grandeur from Norfolk/Baltimore are going to do 5 day Bermuda trips from April-September and then 1 will switch to Canada/New England in the fall.

Not going to be the Granduer. She will be sailing out of Spain for the summer of 2011.

San Juan -- 1 ship

Panama -- 1 ship

1 ship - - Mexican Riviera

That would leave only 3 ships for the Caribbean!:(

Since I have no desire to sail the behemouths of the sea, I guess the Caribbean will be on hold for us. Unless we switch to another line. :)

Not that odd. Take a look at HAL, Celebrity and Princess. Very few ships in the Caribbean for the summer months. Most are in Alaska and Europe. I read an article yesterday where Carnival Corps Mickey Arison stated that the UK market which doubled in size over the last decade will once again do the same for the upcoming decade. Cruising has become more popular in other parts of the world and RCI is just moving ships where they can get the best bang for their buck. Not surprised.

Guess those three would be Freedom, Oasis and Allure. Hmmm.... yeah, winter/fall/spring cruising is sounding better and better. :cool:

This isn't that huge of a change compared to previous summers. For summer 2010 Royal Caribbean is slated to have 8 ships in Europe:

Independence

Navigator

Adventure

Voyager

Jewel

Brilliance

Vision

Splendour

10 ships for the summer of 2011 is only an increase by two, and Royal Caribbean will have an additional ship in the fleet with Allure by 2011, so it shouldn't affect the deployment in other regions that significantly.

San Juan -- 1 ship

Panama -- 1 ship

Three - Mariner is still in LA.

Have you been drinking ? :p Or are you forever hopefull ;)

Non US market + better communication, does not = RCCL :eek::D

Isnt it only like one more than this year? :confused:

You made me laugh out loud!

RCI is following the money, which doesn't seem to here on the West Coast. Can't say that I blame them. But we'll be joining Nancy on the sidelines this summer, for the first time in several years.

We were on the Navigator of the Seas out of Rome last summer. I'm not usually one for excursions, but we booked an excursion at every port of call. They made a bundle off my family. They were not cheap and I don't regret it for a second. Had an amazing time.

Assuming that they leave the 8 from this year, I think I read on another thread that Liberty would be sailing out of Barcelona next year, I wonder what the 10th ship will be...

I am eyeing up the Baltic for next year, but the Jewel always seems expensive on that route, so we are looking at the Vision instead, it would be good if they had another ship on this route may lead to more competition and better prices, but I bet they will deploy the ship in warmer Med waters....!!

Take them to Europe in the summer but please bring the Liberty or Independence back to Florida for the winter months.:o

Kathy

I was just going to ask if anyone knows if the Liberty and Indy are staying over there full time or just for the summer/fall? :confused: Guess we will know soon when they release the 2011 sailings.

I was just going to ask if anyone knows if the Liberty and Indy are staying over there full time or just for the summer/fall? :confused: Guess we will know soon when they release the 2011 sailings.

Everything I read so far indicates that both will stay in Europe year-round. (need a crying smiley to insert here).

The 2011 sailings will be released in early April --- fingers crossed at least one of them comes back here.

Kathy

Archived