unique or different things you pack for your cruise

ckr31

one thing I bring is duck tape it's good for,tapping the curtain close so no light come in the room at night,putting a hem on paints or even if a luggage breaks duck tape has many uses

I second that. I pack one larger candle and several tealight size candles. They are great for hotels as well. I love them - so many uses.

We also bring our own snorkel gear.

Candles are really too dangerous...use the battery operated ones please.

Just finished packing for our upcoming cruise. We leave for fort Lauderdale tomorrow yippie is their any think I should pack that would be different and unique that you take for your cruises to make our cruise that much better

We find the suction cup stick on soap bar holder and cup/toothbrush holder are really useful to have for the bathroom. The cup/toothbrush holder we stick on the mirror and it frees up space on the counter. The soap holder we prefer to using the glass tray in the shower as the soap doesn't become "glued" to the bottom! You can usually find these things at any Dollar store so it doesn't even cost a lot.

Roses2 - Peggy & Jerry

Helen, these work really well for warmer climates where a cup or two in the AM will suffice. They are all plastic, have no warming plate, and pack well. We take ours on every cruise. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=one+cup+at+a+time+coffee+maker&oe=UTF-8&cid=17971353352202572193&sa=title#p

I have been using that at home for a quick cup of coffee since they first came out. I never thought of taking it with me on a cruise.

I have been using that at home for a quick cup of coffee since they first came out. I never thought of taking it with me on a cruise.

Mike, it honestly works perfectly, and it's so easy to pack. Even has the built in coffee filter. No danger involved as there is no warming plate, makes the cup (as you know) and then shuts itself off. It is a perfect cruise companion. ;)

Last time we took a couple of those Command hooks - the kind that come right off when done with them. Nice to hang things on. Will take a few more next time. Before we were always losing our lanyard with our cards attached - just hang them there.

Mike, it honestly works perfectly, and it's so easy to pack. Even has the built in coffee filter. No danger involved as there is no warming plate, makes the cup (as you know) and then shuts itself off. It is a perfect cruise companion. ;)

Toto - you convinced me. I ordered one from Amazon just now. Plenty of time to pack it in our bags for our big cruise!!!!

thanks

helen

I really enjoyed my iPhone on our last cruise. It's fully loaded with photo albums from past cruises, ebooks (with Kindle reader app), audiobooks, music, it's my laptop and my camera. And my sound machine. And my video games. And card games. Really, next to DH, it's my favorite thing to take on a cruise.

I bring a lightweight fleece blanket. I get chilly in the cabin and don't want get all the way into bed. My legs get cold with the A/C and I cover up. On my cruise last week on the Sapphire, it was a Godsend during the chilly days going around the baja. I wrapped up when I went out on the balcony to watch sunrise.

I bring seafood crackers (to crack the shells) when I go on the Caribbean routes that offer the seafood buffet.

Also, bring clip or clothespin to keep the drapes shut.

My DH is a runner, so we always bring a line to put on the balcony to dry his clothes....though the best idea we had last year was wear and throw shirts-he saved shirts he was going to trash and that got rid of the smelly clothes problem.

We also bring post it notes for the door...we dont use walkie-talkies but this way we can communicate with eachother and our two girls.

A small flashlight is a must as well as digital alarm clock

-those water bottle holders that have a hard rubber/plastic circle and goes over the water bottle are great

-extra eye glass holders to put eyeglasses in when you snorkle

-highlighter to mark activities quickly

-something small to put cruise card in for those clothes without pockets

-mini-speakers for music on balconies (ear phones also so you don't bother other people around unless they like your music) Have had great fun with balcony mates with good music though when we all liked the same thing when we got back to ports early.

-small scissors

-duct tape or some sort of tape

-hooks to put over doors

plan to add flashlight after reading all those stories about being stuck in the dark at hotels during earthquakes or other disasters

-preprinted address/phone numbers for those people who become lifetime friends

Sorry - if I wasn't clear - only battery candles onboard. When I mentioned a larger candle it was a Glade Flameless Candle:

http://www.glade.com/productDetailPage.aspx?productId=22

They are great.:D

i love them too. i also bring a small deoderizer spray for the bathroom. it is appriciated by all those who use the cabin bathroom :o

Can anyone recommend some small powerful binoculars?

Knittinggirl I have found for price, size and quality the 10x27 Bushnell Trophy binoculars are excellent. I tried out many different binocs before settling on these for their clarity of optics and compactness. In Canada they are available in Black, inthe US I think they are camo colours.

800100.jpg

Knittinggirl I have found for price, size and quality the 10x27 Bushnell Trophy binoculars are excellent. I tried out many different binocs before settling on these for their clarity of optics and compactness. In Canada they are available in Black, inthe US I think they are camo colours.

800100.jpg

I noticed this is about twice the weight of the Olympus Compacts. Just wondering, does it seem really heavy? I remember my father's old binoculars, and I'd get tired after holding them up. The Olympus Compact had a lot of complaints about how they're not as waterproof as they say.

Reading about the flashlights....we bring with us one of those mini-clip on books-type flashlights. That way if one of us wants to read late at night...we will not disturb the other who wants to sleep. Below is one we got:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=mini+clip+flashlight+over+books&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&cid=13496079025516030402&sa=title#p

Also, for coffee lovers who don't want to take up valuable space in there luggage with a small coffee-maker, we have used a French Press Coffee maker like the one below. It makes one HUGE cup of coffee or two regular cups and takes up very little space. With it...no need to bring extra filters...it has it's own built in that you just wash:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=french+press+coffee&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&cid=9902754110258511302&sa=title#p

Great suggestions everyone. I have made a note to bring 'crab-crackers'....to help me with cracking those crabs at the buffet!:D

I also bring my Rubbermaid water bottle that is perfect size for Crystal Light lemonade.

Keep it in the fridge. Love the over the door shoe organizer....especially when my DD

goes with me....all the toiletries and hair stuff out of the way.

A power strip for plugging in chargers etc.

Downy Wrinkle Remover for quick jobs.....doesn't take up much room in the luggage.

Post Its for the mirror to keep tabs on each other, and reminders of rez's.

Used paperbacks to read and donate.

Did I read right that the seafood sailaway buffet is only on Caribbean sailings?

Do I not bring my crackers to my Canada NE cruise in Sept?

Teabag folgers coffee and a large thermal travel mug..

Swiss multi-tool, in checked luggage, for lots of things...

Combo travel alarm clock, sleep machine, temperature gauge...

Stick up air freshners for the bathroom and sleeping area...

Foaming hand washing soap...

Extra luggage straps - can also be used to hold curtains back - tie door open and stop clothes hangers from rattling...

An extremely complete first aid kit...

I pack a Tide stick as well ....... never leave home without it !!!!

Me too!!! I also pack the 3 in-one laundry sheets if there is self service laundy available and clothes pins to hang bathing suits and towels in the bathroom or balcony. Don't forget some sort of tape; good for everything from lint remover to sticking something on your door (cruise critic sign) to holding open doors. Flip flops (even in cold weather) for quick trips out of the cabin or somebody twists an ankel and can't fit into their shoes. Zip lock bags are priceless and this last time I got those big roll up garment bags from wal-mart and they were great for dirty clothes and wet things on the trip home. Hope this helps:)

Archived