Carnival is cracking down on smuggling

Krissta

LMAO.. well maybe they allow the real ones.. cause some in our group brought the fuzzy kind and got taken to the naughty room:D:p

I got taken to the "Naughty Table" after my Saints and Sinners 5 group cruise in October. I had been the victim of a group of women who called themselves The Coven (aka the Witches of Yeastwick) and during the cruise, they had presented me with a number of "gifts", including a blue wig, a tiara, a scepter, a sash which said "Miss Understood", devil horns, a devil tail (which the airport officials at first thought was a dilldough), and various books, "pills", "dustcovers" and such which suggested that I might be perhaps older than the majority (or all :eek:) of my fellow cruisers. Also, I had packed hurriedly and had just thrown two rum runners into my carry-on.

Apparently, the shape of the devil's tale (which strapped on :rolleyes:) got their attention during the scan and so they took me over to go through my carry-on. By the time we were through, there were five airport agents observing my luggage and commenting on the various "gifts".

And they confiscated my rum-runners (one full of tequila and the other half-full of cognac). It was embarrassing, because they kept shaking their heads and mumbling things like "Old folks today" . :o

After I got home and posted about my harrowing airport experience, The Coven cackled with glee.

I have actually heard they are cracking down as well. My girlfriend and I are scheduled to go on CCL soon and I was told last night that her (try to follow this) roommates friend recently went on CCL and they took all of their booze. They had it hidden in mouthwash bottles, shampoo bottles, etc. and they found it. I guess (in so many words) they said to the girl, "do you think we're stupid?"

So with that...I dont know what to think OR do. Thoughts or suggestions would be great.:mad::mad::confused:

I have actually heard they are cracking down as well. My girlfriend and I are scheduled to go on CCL soon and I was told last night that her (try to follow this) roommates friend recently went on CCL and they took all of their booze. They had it hidden in mouthwash bottles, shampoo bottles, etc. and they found it. I guess (in so many words) they said to the girl, "do you think we're stupid?"

So with that...I dont know what to think OR do. Thoughts or suggestions would be great.:mad::mad::confused:

You could always order stuff for your room through the Bon Voyage department. I've been told that it can only be done by phone, though, and that the listings aren't available online.

If you go this route, remember that in most case the bottles are a full liter, not just .750 liter. That makes them less expensive than they might at first appear.

Someone recently listed the selections available, but I didn't think to print it out. Anyone have it?

Compiled by afcj1

Here's a list of prices that I gathered as of 2/22/10:

BonVoyage – 800-522-7648

Price List as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Slow Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Brandy

Courvoisier $55

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

**Disclaimer** All prices and brands are subject to change

Compiled by afcj1

Here's a list of prices that I gathered as of 2/22/10:

BonVoyage – 800-522-7648

Price List as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Slow Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Brandy

Courvoisier $55

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

**Disclaimer** All prices and brands are subject to change

Thanks again! :) I saw it on the other thread first and have already printed it out. Somehow with all the confusion going on, it might just be far less hassle and worry to buy a couple of bottles through Bon Voyage and not have to sweat anything. :cool:

Yesterday I disembarked from a fantastic 8 day cruise on the Miracle. I had no problem on smuggling in one checked case a bottle of scotch and in another 8 cans of Buds.

I think the secret is not to go overboard with the smuggling but just a reasonable amount. Carnival still received a reasonable amount from me on my SS card so we both won.

Just got back from the Freedom (woo hoo!) and the night before we left, our room steward told us that this week, Fort Lauderdale is rolling out the "new" alcohol search policies. We got all of our stuff on, but the steward said that next time we could not bring any alcohol on, and if the luggage was locked, you'd get called to open the luggage up.

Welp... :|

Just passing along some info, not sure if anyone else heard the same thing.

We're first time to be cruisers with Carnival on our upcoming cruise (NYC July 12th to Canada) and the agent told me that they're now allowing two bottles of wine on board with no restrictions and no corkage fees to boot. I asked her again to confirm what I had heard. The bottles of wine are for in-room use only so we will probably imbibe in this deal and hit one of our local wineries before departing.

We're first time to be cruisers with Carnival on our upcoming cruise (NYC July 12th to Canada) and the agent told me that they're now allowing two bottles of wine on board with no restrictions and no corkage fees to boot. I asked her again to confirm what I had heard. The bottles of wine are for in-room use only so we will probably imbibe in this deal and hit one of our local wineries before departing.

Carnival has long allowed one bottle of wine per person over 21, and they have never charged a corkage fee unless one takes the bottle to the MDR and has them open it and keep it for you. Are you saying the agent [PVP?, TA?] said now 2 bottles per person over 21 and no corkage in the MDR? I would independently confirm that information.

We just returned from the 8-day Freedom. We had three cabins and who knows how much luggage (my cabin had 6 pieces). We used Rum Runners. Cabin 2 used a Scope bottle and 3 water bottles. Cabin 3 did nothing - just packed a bottle of Beam, box of Sangria and a bottle of pre-mixed margaritas. Only cabin 2's Scope was nabbed. They found the "banned substance" letter in their luggage. It has to be random or else they're watching for Scope bottles!

Last time on the Pride I brought Rum Runners with the following:

Bacardi White Rum

Capt. Morgan Spiced Rum

Triple Sec

Grapefruit Vodka

Patron

I tipped the Steward the first day, in the middle and the last night and never had a problem. But this time on the Dream, I am not taking a chance and ordering from Bon Voyage.

Silly question I guess, but what exactly is a "rum runner"? Is it some special made container or what?

Silly question I guess, but what exactly is a "rum runner"? Is it some special made container or what?

They're a soft-sided plastic "bottle" that looks like a re-branded version of the Platypus brand bottles used by backpackers for many years. If you don't have time to mail-order the RR, you can usually find Platypus bottles at REI or other backpacking/outdoor store.

They're a soft-sided plastic "bottle" that looks like a re-branded version of the Platypus brand bottles used by backpackers for many years. If you don't have time to mail-order the RR, you can usually find Platypus bottles at REI or other backpacking/outdoor store.

Rum Runners are recycled colostomy bags.:D

Help Mother earth, recycle!!:rolleyes:

Archived