Carnival is cracking down on smuggling

Krissta

The metal is too thin to have any mass. The same with having bullets in your pocket. The metal detector will not pick it up.

Dave

Not so. On our last cruise one of our party has his "lucky bullet" ( long story / don't ask) in his pocket. We all had to wait while he went back to the parking lot to put it in his car. It set the metal detector off and he was not allowed to bring it on board.

LOL....LOL....LOL alert.... y'all are just killin' me on this thread!! You're paying a couple G's for the cruise and fretting about spending 100 bucks on drinks for a week? Gimme a break!

Oh, you say it's 150? 200? Puh-leez. If you're drinking that much, trust me, whether Carnival seizes your smuggled booze is the least of your problems. :(

Wow. If you think $200 will pay for drinks for a couple for an entire week, well..... You obviously don't get thirsty.

No kidding. I pay for my own, single bill and you can most certainly double that, more like triple that for a 7 day cruise for myself. Granted that includes cigarette purchases and goodies from the shops, but mostly is beverages.

Wow. If you think $200 will pay for drinks for a couple for an entire week, well..... You obviously don't get thirsty.

I was on the glory last week out of miami. I walked right through port security with two rum runners in my cargo shorts pockets. may have gotten lucky, i saw them pat down a guy a bit in front of me. also had a rum runner and 5th in my bag and got it all on. since it was so easy to get on in miami, i got a little cocky and tried the rum runner/cargo short trick in cozumel but got busted. they swarmed me and told me to take everything out of my pocket. they also got two other 5ths i had in my back pack.

bottom line.. from my experience it was not hard getting stuff on originally but nearly impossible getting anything on at any of the destination ports.

I am in the process of writing a trip report so check it out then!

bottom line.. from my experience it was not hard getting stuff on originally but nearly impossible getting anything on at any of the destination ports.

Everyone's experience is different, but I have found the booze police a bit more lax at the ports. Maybe for ports known for booze (St. Thomas comes to mind) they will be more on alert, but for most of the ports, the booze check desk is one lonely place!

They must be wise to the cargo shorts... I have had luck wearing long baggy pants (jogging suit) and having a flask in my sock.

Next cruise I plan to wrap the flask to my leg with an ace bandage and if they question me (they won't) I will say I'm under a doctor's care, and thank you for your concern. :D

Not so. On our last cruise one of our party has his "lucky bullet" ( long story / don't ask) in his pocket. We all had to wait while he went back to the parking lot to put it in his car. It set the metal detector off and he was not allowed to bring it on board.

I know on regular .38 caliber bullets, I had over 100 in my pockets and we could not get it to set off the metal detector even with the pot metal setting on 100%.

Dave

Here is a photo I snapped from my aft balcony in Ft. Lauderdale (I was on the Miracle) of the scanning process. Note the security person in the chair with the hooded sweatshirt over his/her head. On one end a guy threw the bag on the belt, it went through the machine and the guy on the other end hurled it into the red cage (with amazing accuracy) and sent it on it's way. And, everything in my bag made it to my cabin just fine ;)

2992431920064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

That is a great pic:)

Anyone have pics from Port of Miami??

Heard they are real hard nosed...:(

I know on regular .38 caliber bullets, I had over 100 in my pockets and we could not get it to set off the metal detector even with the pot metal setting on 100%.

Dave

why would you need these when boarding a cruise ship, or did I miss something?

They have loaner pistols for the passengers, but you have to bring your own ammunition. It's a liability issue, I guess :D!

Either I missed something, or I'm also seriously confused and concerned as to why anyone would need to carry 100 bullets and access "loaner" weapons on a cruise ship. :confused::eek::confused:

why would you need these when boarding a cruise ship, or did I miss something?

I remember jetskier on another thread talking about working with security devices. He seemed to know a lot about metal detectors and was more than likely doing tests. I don't think he meant he was doing this on a on a cruise ship.

Either I missed something' date=' or I'm also seriously confused and concerned as to why anyone would need to carry 100 bullets and access "loaner" weapons on a cruise ship. :confused::eek::confused:[/quote']

That was a joke! :D

I was hoping to point out that it is much more important to be searching for weapons (and ammunition) that it is to boost bar revenue.

Archived