Back to Back Lunch

So how did you know what to do? How did you get your new sea pass card' date=' etc.? Who contacted you for all the info that you needed?[/quote']

You'll get a letter in your stateroom telling you what is going to happen

I had never heard of this, we are considering a B2B on Majesty.
Like I said,never had a lunch on the SS or MN for our b2bs.........not sure they have one on the short Bahama runs..

We did a B2B on the Jewel in Jan. 2008. They had a very nice Champagne brunch for the B2B'ers in Portofino. If I remember correctly, it was on the last full day of the cruise (second week) before we got to Ft. Lauderdale the next morning.

So how did you know what to do? How did you get your new sea pass card' date=' etc.? Who contacted you for all the info that you needed?[/quote']

If there are quite a few people doing consecutive cruise, then there will be a meeting sometime the day before the end of the first cruise giving all the necessary information on what to do on turn around day. They may also have a special lunch on embarkation day with a special menu if there are enough people doing the next cruise.

When we did our b2b on Radiance last April, our turn around day was in Valparaiso Chile. It was the smoothest turn around day we have ever had and we've done many b2b cruises. I think we had about 400 staying on board for the next cruise.

We are doing a consecutive cruise on Serenade beginning April 10 and continuing with the April 17 cruise. Will be happy to bring back any info you may need.

We are doing a consecutive cruise on Serenade beginning April 10 and continuing with the April 17 cruise. Will be happy to bring back any info you may need.

Patti (& Jim)

Will look forward to hearing about your experience! Thanks!

For those of you that have done the B2B on the Serenade recently.......how does that work? Do you have to get off the ship?

We did a B2B on the Serenade a few weeks ago. On the last day of the cruise(Friday-a sea day) we had a meeting around 11:30 in the Vortex to advise us what to do the next day. We were notified of this meeting the day before.

We did not have to get off if we did not want to. If we wanted off the ship early, we could get our new sea pass cards at guest relations at 8 am. If we did not want to get off, we met at 10 am in the theater for our new cards. Our photos were transfered from the first card, so we did not have to have new pictures taken.

We had a lunch in the MDR Saturday. Very nice.

We also were offered a two for one at Portofinos Saturday night. Great meal!

NOTE: Make sure the headwaiter on your first leg knows you are doing a B2B. That way you can give your preference for seating on your second leg.

Also, check with guest relations to make sure your seapass payment is the same on the second leg. Our was changed to cash and I did not find out until I got the bill Saturday embarcation day. What a mess!

We did a B2B on the Serenade a few weeks ago. On the last day of the cruise(Friday-a sea day) we had a meeting around 11:30 in the Vortex to advise us what to do the next day. We were notified of this meeting the day before.

We did not have to get off if we did not want to. If we wanted off the ship early, we could get our new sea pass cards at guest relations at 8 am. If we did not want to get off, we met at 10 am in the theater for our new cards. Our photos were transfered from the first card, so we did not have to have new pictures taken.

NOTE: Make sure the headwaiter on your first leg knows you are doing a B2B. That way you can give your preference for seating on your second leg.

Also, check with guest relations to make sure your seapass payment is the same on the second leg. Our was changed to cash and I did not find out until I got the bill Saturday embarcation day. What a mess!

Thanks for this information! I would think the dining room situation would be already taken care of. Also the seapass card thing! That doesn't make any sense that it would change like that! yikes!

Thank you so much for posting this information. It is incredibly helpful!

We are doing a B2B on the Serenade June 6 & 13. Hopefully we'll have the special lunch in the MDR.

We will be on the Serenade these two weeks as well! That's at least 4 for the lunch!!

Joe & Ginny from Houston

I have heard that some people were offered a special lunch on the in-between day on their back to back. I was wondering if anyone who has had this experience can tell be about it. I have heard some had lunch in one of the speciality restaurants, and others in the MDR. I am most interested in those who have sailed B2B on the Serenade, as that is the ship I will be on, but other ship information would be helpful as well.

we had the B2B lunch on the Freedom last year, but they scheduled the handout of the new cruise cards during the C&A brunch, so we missed that. :confused: apparently right hand does not talk to left

We are doing a B2B on the Serenade June 6 & 13. Hopefully we'll have the special lunch in the MDR.

Well we'll see you at lunch, cause those are our B2B dates on the Serenade as well. I never knew about this special lunch. Hopefully we can still squeeze in some time in old San Juan that day was well.

That makes 6!

To those of you who have attended the lunch, was it worth it, or would you have rather been out doing something exciting in port that day?

It is a special menu that they use for the b2b lunch. You can't just order from the menu that is served daily for lunch in the MDR.

Yes, we found it was enjoyable because we didn't have to fight the surge of people in the WJ.

• 4 weeks later...
I have heard that some people were offered a special lunch on the in-between day on their back to back. I was wondering if anyone who has had this experience can tell be about it. I have heard some had lunch in one of the speciality restaurants, and others in the MDR. I am most interested in those who have sailed B2B on the Serenade, as that is the ship I will be on, but other ship information would be helpful as well.

Just returned from our consecutive cruise on Serenade.

We had a meeting the day before at 11:00AM on Deck 13. All information regarding turnaround day was given at this time. We had to sign up at the meeting for the special luncheon that was held on Saturday and they also offered us a 2 for 1 in Chops on Saturday evening (they alternate between Chops and Portofino and for our cruise it was Chops).

If you were planning to leave the ship early in the morning, you had to get your SeaPass cards prior to 8AM from Guest Relations.

For all those that were planning on either staying on the ship or leaving after lunch, we met in the Theater on Deck 5 at 10AM and were then given our new SeaPass cards. We were then free to exit the ship after 11:30.

Everyone was given green slips with their SeaPass cards that said "In Transit" which, if you went ashore, you had to show to the reps in the terminal upon your return so that they knew you were a consecutive cruiser.

We attended the lunch which was held at noon in the MDR. There were probably 30-40 people (could have been more) and we had a special menu to choose from. We were out by 12:30. I think it depends on the number of consecutive cruisers as to where lunch is held on turnaround day.

As consecutive cruisers on the Jewel last November, there was a meeting held on the day prior to the end of our first cruise where our seapass cards for the next cruise were handed out and the Loyalty Ambassador went over the logistics for the next day, which involved meeting in the theater around 10 am and then going to the debarkation deck and having our previous sailing's seapass cards inserted in the card readers, after which we exited the ship and were processed by Customs and Immigration,a short distance from the gangway. We then lined up and as soon as they were able to confirm that the ship had been cleared of all its previous week's passengers,we returned the ship,had them insert our new cards in the readers and take our pictures. We were then able to reenter the ship and had the exclusive run of the ship until the first new cruisers boarded shortly before noon. I would say we were back on board by about 10:30 am. At lunchtime the 55 or so consecutive cruisers were treated to a special luncheon in the main dining room. Featured item on the menu was the Chops steak which was terrific. We had the same stateroom for both cruises so we didn't even have to pack our belongings or move.:) The last night of our first cruise had some bittersweet moments as we bid farewell to our cruise companions from the first sailing, knowing that while they were disembarking and beginning their way home, we were staying onboard for another three nights.:)

During our first cruise, the Hotel Director had a special brunch for Platinum, Diamond, and Diamond Plus guests. It too was fabulous.

Just returned from our consecutive cruise on Serenade.

We had a meeting the day before at 11:00AM on Deck 13. All information regarding turnaround day was given at this time. We had to sign up at the meeting for the special luncheon that was held on Saturday and they also offered us a 2 for 1 in Chops on Saturday evening (they alternate between Chops and Portofino and for our cruise it was Chops).

If you were planning to leave the ship early in the morning, you had to get your SeaPass cards prior to 8AM from Guest Relations.

For all those that were planning on either staying on the ship or leaving after lunch, we met in the Theater on Deck 5 at 10AM and were then given our new SeaPass cards. We were then free to exit the ship after 11:30.

Everyone was given green slips with their SeaPass cards that said "In Transit" which, if you went ashore, you had to show to the reps in the terminal upon your return so that they knew you were a consecutive cruiser.

We attended the lunch which was held at noon in the MDR. There were probably 30-40 people (could have been more) and we had a special menu to choose from. We were out by 12:30. I think it depends on the number of consecutive cruisers as to where lunch is held on turnaround day.

Thank you for this information. We will have an excursion booked on the day before turn-around day. We will probably have to miss the meeting. Do you know if they offered something for those who were unable to attend the meeting?

Thank you for this information. We will have an excursion booked on the day before turn-around day. We will probably have to miss the meeting. Do you know if they offered something for those who were unable to attend the meeting?

Since Friday was a sea day for us, everyone was able to attend.

After checking your itinerary and seeing that your sea day is Day 2 of your cruise instead of Day 7 like ours, I am sure that they have an alternate plan in place.

You will receive a letter in your stateroom that is sent to all consecutive cruisers midway through the cruise.

Since Friday was a sea day for us, everyone was able to attend.

After checking your itinerary and seeing that your sea day is Day 2 of your cruise instead of Day 7 like ours, I am sure that they have an alternate plan in place.

You will receive a letter in your stateroom that is sent to all consecutive cruisers midway through the cruise.

Great Thanks!

I cannot wait for this B2B!

On our b2b on the Liberty in October I asked at the customer service desk if they had the b2b luncheon. The woman looked at me like I was from Mars as I explained what I had read about the luncheon. She said no, not on this ship. I'll try again this October for our Liberty consecutive. :D

On our b2b on the Liberty in October I asked at the customer service desk if they had the b2b luncheon. The woman looked at me like I was from Mars as I explained what I had read about the luncheon. She said no, not on this ship. I'll try again this October for our Liberty consecutive. :D

It all depends on the ship and the number of people doing a consecutive cruise. Another fine example of the Inconsistency Policy.:(

It all depends on the ship and the number of people doing a consecutive cruise. Another fine example of the Inconsistency Policy.:(

:D So far after 3 b2b's on the Liberty, they've been consistent and not held the luncheon. I'm waiting for them to be inconsistent and have the luncheon. :rolleyes: It's no biggie, God knows there's enough food on the ship that we don't need a special lunch. . . . :)

:D So far after 3 b2b's on the Liberty, they've been consistent and not held the luncheon. I'm waiting for them to be inconsistent and have the luncheon. :rolleyes: It's no biggie, God knows there's enough food on the ship that we don't need a special lunch. . . . :)

Yes, there is always enough food on a cruise, but it may be nice to have something different from the buffet for lunch at least once on the cruise!

Archived