1 or 2 day cruises from East Coast

since I live in Cleveland OH & want drive to ports for 1 or 2 day cruises to get to ELITE in 4 cruises & not go broke. NYC, Boston not sure where else, 10 hour drive then hit a hotel's hot tub & go to bed, if not, then board the ship. If B2B are available that is a better offer. And if we can drive from Boston to NYC for 2 more than I will be estatic!

Do 4 - 1 day cruises and we are ELITE! YEAH! But do 4 - 7 day cruises and we are too broke til next year. BOO.....

since I live in Cleveland OH & want drive to ports for 1 or 2 day cruises to get to ELITE in 4 cruises & not go broke. NYC, Boston not sure where else, 10 hour drive then hit a hotel's hot tub & go to bed, if not, then board the ship. If B2B are available that is a better offer. And if we can drive from Boston to NYC for 2 more than I will be estatic!

Do 4 - 1 day cruises and we are ELITE! YEAH! But do 4 - 7 day cruises and we are too broke til next year. BOO.....

I think you have posted in the wrong forum. This is the Royal Caribbean Boards and there is no Elite level within the Crown & Anchor Society.

You may want to direct this question to the Celebrity boards.

Sorry, the shortest regularly scheduled short cruises RCI has from the East coast are the 3-night cruises to the Bahamas on Majesty of the Seas sailing from Miami and Monarch of the Seas sailing from Port Canaveral, FL.

Plus you can't sail a 3-night back-to-back because these ships alternate three-and four-night cruises.

If you study RCI schedules dilligently you may find a rare two-night cruise that happens before or after a dry dock in order to even up the schedule. We did a fun two-nighter on Navigator a few years back. It just went to Coco Cay and back to Miami.

You can speed up your credits by booking Junior Suites and higher.

The level of Crown and Anchor you are seeking is probably Diamond or Diamond Plus. D+ requires 24 cruise credits. If you book only Junior suites and higher, you can do that in just 12 cruises. Be aware, however, that such a plan involves a considerable investment of money.

There is an alternative. If you book a Grand Suite or better, you will be accorded many wonderful perks that are as good as or almost as good as Diamond Plus perks. You will get those perks on your very cruise if you book a Grand Suite or better. Believe me, you will be treated very well.

Im not sure if the OP was being serious or not but I'm pretty sure I would never go on a 1 or 2 night cruise. That would be like torture! 5 days is BARELY enough days at this point in my addiction:eek:. Hahahahahaha.

LOL

Actually-I think the OP wanted a one dayer to move up the loyalty chain-I think.:o Can you imagine if RCCL was stupid enough to do this, with all the lounge overcrowding to begin with? Trust me-people would flock to become D+:rolleyes:

I still think the OP's best bet is to simply book a Grand Suite or better (Owner's Suite, Royal Suite, etc.) and then he will be accorded very attractive perks on his very first cruise...no need to take numerous cruises to get to the highest loyalty ranks. Plus he gets two C&A credits each time he books a Grand Suite or higher, regardless of cruise length.

I still think the OP's best bet is to simply book a Grand Suite or better (Owner's Suite, Royal Suite, etc.) and then he will be accorded very attractive perks on his very first cruise...no need to take numerous cruises to get to the highest loyalty ranks. Plus he gets two C&A credits each time he books a Grand Suite or higher, regardless of cruise length.

Somehow I rather doubt HE'LL be doing that.;)

I think that you have the wrong cruise line. Aren't you a NCL cruiser? You should try Royal Caribbean if you haven't. They are a very good cruise line. I really like Holland and Princess but have warmed to Royal Caribbean over the last few years. I am going on the Oasis this fall. Give Royal a try and you might be surprised at how well they match up with Princess and Norwegian.:) Not sure if you are into perks but Royal has some nice discount perks for past cruisers.

I think that you have the wrong cruise line. Aren't you a NCL cruiser? You should try Royal Caribbean if you haven't. They are a very good cruise line. I really like Holland and Princess but have warmed to Royal Caribbean over the last few years. I am going on the Oasis this fall. Give Royal a try and you might be surprised at how well they match up with Princess and Norwegian.:) Not sure if you are into perks but Royal has some nice discount perks for past cruisers.

The OP is banned from sailing RCCL, unless something has changed.

Even if she could sail RCI, she wouldn't pay for those category rooms.

Two days might be short, but it's no different than a weekend getaway somewhere. I did it on Celebrity Century in January with mom and sis to get a taste of that cruise line and am going to do it again next January! Might be short, but it was still fun. Will take my husband this time and maybe do an extra day in Miami before flying back to Boston wintry weather. ;)

I seem to be missing something... :confused:

The OP is banned from sailing RCCL, unless something has changed.

Me too:confused:

Banned-from RCCL???

Guess posting details are a no-no:confused:

Archived