Most memorable experience of first cruise?...

Ours was this time last year on Freedom of the Seas !

Most memorable ?.....that was when we boarded and saw the inside of her and the Royal Promenade for the 1st time....Wow !!!:eek:

On Oasis of the Seas on Sat (10th) and we just know that we are going to be Wow'd even more !!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Just one 'most' memorable? I have to go with two. Same trip. First (only cause the stop came first, LOL) was swiming with the stingrays in Grand Caymen, followed by swimming with the Dolphins in Cozumel.

Enjoy your cruise.

Erika

Ours was seeing the ship from a distance for the first time. It was Disney Magic and we were on the third or fourth sailing (they were still working out the kinks). The ship was beautiful, the staff was great, they upgraded our cabin. Although we heard some grousing about the problems we had a "magical" time.

Our first cruise was in May 2009 on Grandeur of the Seas. The most memorable was when our captain announced the following one morning "Good morning. I have a good news and bad news. The good news is that we're still heading in the same direction. The bad news is that we're lost" :)

First cruise was on the Disney Magic. So far, still my favorite ship. My most magical memorable moment was seeing the BEAUTIFUL midnight blue, white, and red ship from a distance as we reached Port Canaveral. I was 29 years old and I was bouncing up and down in my seat in the car!!!

Like many many veteran cruisers on here my first experience was walking on board Sovereign of the Seas! What a beautiful ship. I was blown away. Throw on top of that the nervous energy of a first time cruise and I was in heaven!

temple1,

I love your signature. I think I may just "borrow" it.:D

Lessons learned from last cruise for next:

1. Money, lots and lots of money - Need more money!

2. Heck with the rest of the list, just bring lots of money! :D

Eating 6 lobster tails at dinner and discovering that cruisong is the ultimate vacation :o:o:o

I've read SO many threads throughout the site regarding the great quality (and quantity!) of food on a cruise. How am I ever going to resist?!....:p

Hi Everybody!

I'm new here--will be taking my first cruise aboard the Enchantment on May 29. I was curious to find out your most memorable experience of (or the thing you liked most about) your first cruise.

I had a good deal for an oceanview cabin, but upgraded to a balcony for our first cruise. I'm glad I did, I have several memories of bieautiful sights from that balcony . This was Voyager out of Miami on the eastern Caribbean route.

Hi Everybody!

I'm new here--will be taking my first cruise aboard the Enchantment on May 29. I was curious to find out your most memorable experience of (or the thing you liked most about) your first cruise.

Our first cruise, we stayed at the Marriott Bayside and had a room very high and overlooking the marina and causway where the ships dock. In the morning when we woke up, I immediatley opened the curtains to see the Biggest Cruise Ship Ever....The Majesty of the Seas. So we quickly checked out and went to board the ship. I was in awe seeing the ship as we got closer and closer. I felt like a small child again on Christmas. Once we boarded it even got better. It was a great cruise. Obviously since then we been on many cruises and different ships, but I will always remember the 1st one !! We've taken friends who had the same reactions we did so it was nice to see that again !!

temple1,

I love your signature. I think I may just "borrow" it.:D

Feel free to use it. It started as a much longer list that has been shortened to the absolute essentials over the years. :D

The most memorable experience for me was without a doubt the food. I'm not a worldly guy and the food on the Disney cruise just blew me away. Alas, the kids got older and I got more stingy so now I'm loyal to Royal.

My first cruise was on the Nordic Prince going from New York to Bermuda.

Hard to choose one so I will offer 2 memorable experiences.

I have related the first several times but it is worth repeating.

We were on the Nordic Prince returning from Bermuda to New York.

As often happened on that route the ship got caught in a 30 MPH tail wind

and the ship was really rocking and rolling. I had noticed that there were a lot of games of bingo and drawings going on. So when I saw

that someone had put out all these paper bags on the hallway railings I

thought they were having another drawing and picked one, hoping to find

a winning number. It was not soon afterward that another passenger demonstrated what the bags were really for.

The second experience was with our 4 table mates from New England, a very nice WASP-y guy named Carleton who was with his Italian secretary

and her mother and father. All very reserved people. Our waiter David from

England decided to demonstrate a trick called "the rising napkin" , in which he placed a napkin on the table and thru gentle rolling managed to have the napkin simulate an action of the human male anatomy.

I thought Carlton and the mother-in-law were going to go into cardiac arrest in horror, the daughter and her father were going to die from laughter and DW was going to pee on the carpet from embarassment.

You don't see something like that every day!

Archived