Carnival to abandon brands by 2015

BTfan

It's only an April Fool's joke that got picked up again by someone who didn't research it thoroughly before posting it. It is making the rounds on all the boards...please - everyone - calm down! It's OK!! Here's the link!

See Number 2 of the slideshow:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3784#

PS: If you think you were upset, think how Cunard must have felt! :eek:

All I got to say, if and that is a big IF, this is true then I suggest all Carnival stock holders dumped your stock now.

Carnival was great when we would take our young ones on a cruise but now that they are all grown up, I'm done with Carnival. I love Princess, it is a happy medium. HAL is too old for me and I haven't been on the others.

If this happens then I guess I have no choice but to sail with RCL, which is not my preference.

Immediately I thought of the April Fools story that the CC administrators had linked to in their April Fools stories the other week (like the one about P&O changing the name of their cruiseline to Panda).

I guess mainstream papers such as the Wall Street Journal, NY Times, and the LA Times didn't bother to pick up this story (because they knew it was a hoax).

Immediately I thought of the April Fools story that the CC administrators had linked to in their April Fools stories the other week (like the one about P&O changing the name of their cruiseline to Panda).

I guess mainstream papers such as the Wall Street Journal' date=' NY Times, and the LA Times didn't bother to pick up this story (because they knew it was a hoax).[/quote']

....and how about the article about the next two new Holland America ships being named the "Potsdam" and the "Pansdam"! It was too funny! I don't know how all this got picked up again as truth, but it was sure well-covered on April 1st.

I had to admit that my blood pressure jumped a bit on April Fool's Day until I realized what day it was and exactly what was going on. Some folks are really good at this 'prank' stuff - yes?? :D

Cant wait to get on the Carnival funship Coral Princess or that great fun ship the Crown Princess Fun Ship, OMG-Just dont see it. Was on a Carnivalized ship (Valor) once. And that was enough. Dont care if its the same company or not- Its not Princess by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe we could start a movement to Princessize the Carnival fleet;)

Cant wait to get on the Carnival funship Coral Princess or that great fun ship the Crown Princess Fun Ship, OMG-Just dont see it. Was on a Carnivalized ship (Valor) once. And that was enough. Dont care if its the same company or not- Its not Princess by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe we could start a movement to Princessize the Carnival fleet;)

Now - you might be on to something there.....:D:)

....and how about the article about the next two new Holland America ships being named the "Potsdam" and the "Pansdam"! It was too funny! I don't know how all this got picked up again as truth, but it was sure well-covered on April 1st.

I had to admit that my blood pressure jumped a bit on April Fool's Day until I realized what day it was and exactly what was going on. Some folks are really good at this 'prank' stuff - yes?? :D

A few years ago my hubby and I came up with a whole DAM list.:D

A few years ago my hubby and I came up with a whole DAM list.:D

I remember on here before HAL had released the names of the Vista class ships "Idontgiveadam" was the preferred choice LOL.

http://bairdmaritime.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6204:carnival-to-dissolve-cruise-brands-by-2015-&catid=96:cruiseferry&Itemid=116

This is the dumbest idea i have ever heard. While I am not one of them, there are so many people that will not set foot on a Carnival ship.

The diversity of their brands is a strength, not a weakness.

BTfan....I agree...dumb idea, I hope it is NOT true:rolleyes:....joke or no joke...

plus I am also a BT fan....have 8 Boston Terriers right now and the 4 four month old pups are AKC named after cruising:

(kennel name) Tuggin' on a Lifebuoy

(kennel name) Dawn at B (another kennel name).... but also my favorite ship!

(kennel name) Cruisin' with Ms Vivica

(kennel name) Princess Love Boat Dream

....whew......I believed this at first....until I read further into the thread.

The nightmare I saw.......88 ships with whale tale funnels.........can you imagine 10 ships at Ft Lauderdale with those funnels......:eek:

I think Mickey is too smart to something as foolish as this. Looks likenthe info may have come from a competitor. Not to worry, will not happen.

I'm sure Capt. Tony would have told you if it was true.

Wow..if this is true, I agree that each line will lose whats left of its identity....it may be time to start at the bottom and explore (again) the others to build up repeat benefits. I am sad to think that Princess will lose what it is that we like so well (25+ cruises). Thanks for the info, always good to know whats in the pipeline, corporately speaking.

I love it when mainstream media picks up a joke ... and runs with it :D

We called this one out on, yes, April Fool's Day!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3784 (it's on slide #2)

Here's another funny instance of false news run amok:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3302

I love it when mainstream media picks up a joke ... and runs with it :D

We called this one out on, yes, April Fool's Day!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3784 (it's on slide #2)

Here's another funny instance of false news run amok:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3302

How embarrasing. :o

Wow..if this is true, I agree that each line will lose whats left of its identity....it may be time to start at the bottom and explore (again) the others to build up repeat benefits. I am sad to think that Princess will lose what it is that we like so well (25+ cruises). Thanks for the info, always good to know whats in the pipeline, corporately speaking.

I know when threads start getting more than a dozen or so posts on them, it's harder to take the time to read them all (especially if your settings are set to not show 40 posts per page, thus making the thread several pages long), but it might be a wise investment of your time to do so in this case.

Well if that is a joke thats a pretty dumb one, but if it was real than thats dumb as well, Carnival would take things to far, even for them thats to far but the last i heard Carnival was going to slow things down have new ships for all there lines not just theres

Well if that is a joke thats a pretty dumb one, but if it was real than thats dumb as well, Carnival would take things to far, even for them thats to far but the last i heard Carnival was going to slow things down have new ships for all there lines not just theres

it's a joke! Read the post from Melissa - it was an April Fools Joke picked up by the media.

Archived