Carnival to abandon brands by 2015

BTfan

http://bairdmaritime.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6204:carnival-to-dissolve-cruise-brands-by-2015-&catid=96:cruiseferry&Itemid=116

This is the dumbest idea i have ever heard. While I am not one of them, there are so many people that will not set foot on a Carnival ship.

The diversity of their brands is a strength, not a weakness.

http://bairdmaritime.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6204:carnival-to-dissolve-cruise-brands-by-2015-&catid=96:cruiseferry&Itemid=116

This is the dumbest idea i have ever heard. While I am not one of them, there are so many people that will not set foot on a Carnival ship.

The diversity of their brands is a strength, not a weakness.

I agree. Let them consolidate the 'past cruisers programs (Captain's Circle, etc.)' but keep the brands separate. I much prefer the Princess or HAL experience to what I understand the Carnival experience is (never been on Carnival, but have heard a bunch from folks who don't like it very much). I think CCL should maintain a difference in the experiences we enjoy on the different brands within the corporation.

Are you listening, CCL?

The site is legit. I have a friend that works as a Press Manager for Caterpillar Marine (who supplies engines for several cruise lines)

I can't imagine a Press manager from Caterpillar Marine who supplies engines to cruise ships is a completely reliable source as to whether a company the size of CCL is going to do as stated. I would make a substantial bet that this is not legit. It would cost CCL millions and millions to make a change like this. It doesn't even make sense.

Keep in mind, many large parent companies like CCL own many brands under their banner to sell and appeal to a larger demographic. I think the OP has roped us into a conversation but that's it.

I can't imagine a Press manager from Caterpillar Marine who supplies engines to cruise ships is a completely reliable source as to whether a company the size of CCL is going to do as stated. I would make a substantial bet that this is not legit. It would cost CCL millions and millions to make a change like this. It doesn't even make sense.

Keep in mind, many large parent companies like CCL own many brands under their banner to sell and appeal to a larger demographic. I think the OP has roped us into a conversation but that's it.

I agree. The site says it's dated April 7th for the statement. If there was anything at all to this, wouldn't it have come from Carnival itself, and be posted on their corporate web site already?

Mike

Wow, you're right. There has to be more to this story as there's a BIG difference between the Queen Victoria and the Carnival Fantasy and where will the Yachts of Seabourn fit in this? I can't see someone paying the Queen's Grill pricing for a cruise to find themselves in the same cabin/decor you can get on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas.

I don't hate Carnival ships but they're not my first choice either. I'm actually a huge fan of their other lines though. They're all great and to hear they're "Carnivalizing" them all inside and out will take away from the unique experience. My fingers are crossed this isn't going to be like it sounds. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Wonder if my Elite status on Princess will then be carried over to the other lines? hmmm...that may be a perk:)

Also, ECcruise: you must have been typing while I was:) Your link doesn't work:(

I would say a Press Manager from a Fortune 50 company working with the Cruise Industry is a darn good reliable source. He just pointed me to the article...

I don't know why it's not posted on Carnival's site...this could be the result of an interview with Baird Maritime and an official corporate release hasn't been made.

It appears to be a joke..but it got picked up by a legit publication and is being touted as fact...

Either a brilliant or really dumb move

What you've got here is a case of crappy fact-checking. It's an April fools gag that got picked up.

There's not an ounce of truth to the story - check Carnival's corporate website.

Micky Arison didn't become a wealthy man by making stupid decisions.

How funny that an April Fool's posting on another message board could cause such a fuss on so many other sites. :D

Hello Toto, Please talk us down, if this is a late joke, it sure got us, just sent off an e-mail to our T/A for his input.

To say the least was not happy at all when we read it.

14 days till we fly off to Beijing.

John,Laura and Gaby

Seattle,Wa.

Archived