ques. about Grand Turk

rdr525

The UW shots were from a third party company at Coki beach.

Your video was really awesome...very well done! The UW shots were great and I loved the music and to see everyone having such a great time. It really made me smile and I can't wait until our trip in June!

We wanted to go to Coki Beach last year while on the Carnival Freedom but (per our tour guide from Sunny Liston) they were doing some construction in the area and they chose to go to a different beach (I can't think of the name of it now :o). DP has gone there before and she was telling me about all of the beautiful fish that were in the shallow water! Your video confirmed this and hopefully we will get a chance to go there this year on the Emerald.

Thanks for sharing!

Angel :)

• 4 months later...
still, it is better than Princess Cay

...maybe a tossup at best

Grand Turk has a fantastic beach right at the dock ... it is all relatively new with a half dozen shops in the plaza by the dock... the usual Diamonds International, Goldmarks, Del Sol and one or two other palces to buy the usualy tee shorts,etc.

We were there last week on the Emerald... We could see the entire island from Skywalkers Lounge...even the horses running free. no real town center.....

Didn't take any tours because they sounded like all the ones offered throughout the islands... glad we stopped, tho...

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

I was excited when I booked our November cruise which included Grand Turk since that was the only island we had never been to. Then all of a sudden, I see Princess Cays is listed instead of Grand Turk. I know they can change but I really was disappointed and still am.

We rented a golf cart from Nathan as well. Drove through "town" twice before we realized we had driven through it! Not much to see really. The lighthouse is not open and nothing to see but the view from the cliff there is incredible.

Out of all the islands that we have been to, this is one of the few that I don't care to go back to as there isn't much there.

Pretty enough but nothing to draw me back.

We are thinking of renting a golf cart and would appreciate it if you could answer some questions.

Do you know if they seat three people?

How did you reserve a golf cart ahead? Did you just leave a deposit?

We have been there before but are going with our son this time so would like to show him the lighthouse, museum, etc.... I can't remember since we didn't drive last time how far are those sites?

Do you just leave the golf cart by itself when touring inside? Is that safe?

Any other information would be appreciated.

We were in Grand Turk in January and a Costa Ship docked there with 3800 people on board before we got there (the Emerald Princess). A group of my friends were going to take a taxi to go whale watching but they were told that there were only 7 taxis on the island and there were none to be found.

My husband and I have been to Grand Turk twice and we found a small resort on the way to town called the Osprey. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but when you go through the gate and sit on the patio you have the most beautiful views of the ocean. You can walk down to the beach or sit on the patio and enjoy a nice cold quiet drink. We sat there for hours just taking in the scenery. You can have the noisy crowded Margaritaville, will will enjoy the Osprey.

My husband and I have been to Grand Turk twice and we found a small resort on the way to town called the Osprey. It doesn't look like much from the outside' date=' but when you go through the gate and sit on the patio you have the most beautiful views of the ocean. You can walk down to the beach or sit on the patio and enjoy a nice cold quiet drink. We sat there for hours just taking in the scenery. You can have the noisy crowded Margaritaville, will will enjoy the Osprey.[/quote']

Agreed. We have been to the Conch Farm and really enjoyed it for a change.

You can book the Ultimate Balcony Dinner for what you will spend at Margaritaville.:eek:

Mike:)

We were in Grand Turk in January and a Costa Ship docked there with 3800 people on board before we got there (the Emerald Princess). A group of my friends were going to take a taxi to go whale watching but they were told that there were only 7 taxis on the island and there were none to be found.

Would there be whales at this port??????? I guess I am surprised at that comment and maybe pretty ignorant.

I tried to take a tour of the island but they couldn't get enough people all day to go.

We are thinking of renting a golf cart and would appreciate it if you could answer some questions.

Do you know if they seat three people? We rented a cart for 4.

How did you reserve a golf cart ahead? Did you just leave a deposit? We emailed a credit card number ahead of time. You can also call. $60 for the day.

We have been there before but are going with our son this time so would like to show him the lighthouse, museum, etc.... I can't remember since we didn't drive last time how far are those sites? We had plenty of time with a couple hours left over but the map didn't have a scale so I don't know how far it was to the lighthouse.

Do you just leave the golf cart by itself when touring inside? Is that safe?

Any other information would be appreciated.

Take the key. I would think it would be pretty safe. Where are they going to go with the cart? Everybody knows everybody on this TINY island. Very undeveloped flat island. The traffic jam is when we came across several donkeys just wandering around.

The only reason to tour the island is to escape the crowds. You can get to the beach right at the pier and go back to the ship to drink. M'ville is wonderful for 20 year olds but after 10 minutes I'm ready for the door. Shopping is OK but prices are better everywhere else.

There is a fabulous "unimproved"beach just full of conch shells to the right of the groomed beach on Grand Turk. Just go to the right when you get to the end of the pier and walk to the point. Absolutely magical, safe, secluded and quite close to the ship.

1zxa2j4.jpg

This shot is walking back to the ship.

2lkxsib.jpg

One more ...it truly is fabulous

242vi90.jpg

We thought Grand Turk was beautiful when we visited on Aug. 27th. We rented a golf cart from Nathan, too, but we paid $80. Hmmm. The cart holds 4 people - 2 facing backwards. You also must return the golf cart with the same amount of gas it came with. ($5+ per gal.) We only saw one gas station. The only problem was the map you are given is not much help and the roards are not marked. Getting lost was half the fun, though! Our cart kept backfiring, so we laughed a lot! We also thought the pool at Margaritaville was too crowded and the water was actually hot! :eek:

We thought Grand Turk was beautiful when we visited on Aug. 27th. We rented a golf cart from Nathan, too, but we paid $80. Hmmm. The cart holds 4 people - 2 facing backwards. You also must return the golf cart with the same amount of gas it came with. ($5+ per gal.) We only saw one gas station. The only problem was the map you are given is not much help and the roards are not marked. Getting lost was half the fun, though! Our cart kept backfiring, so we laughed a lot! We also thought the pool at Margaritaville was too crowded and the water was actually hot! :eek:

We are also thinking of renting a golf cart. Was wondering if you felt safe riding on the roads there at so slow a speed with other cars trying to get around you. We aren't use to riding on the left side also so I'm kind of worried about that and traffic....should I be?

We are also thinking of renting a golf cart. Was wondering if you felt safe riding on the roads there at so slow a speed with other cars trying to get around you. We aren't use to riding on the left side also so I'm kind of worried about that and traffic....should I be?

The island seemed very safe to us, with residents waving to us as we went buy. On the narrower roads we simply pulled over so the car(s) could pass - but there aren't many cars! I don't think "traffic" happens in Grand Turk! :D have a great time!

Archived