Looks like Millennium-Class ships are here to stay

Rick-cruiser

With Celebrity getting rid of their smaller ships (Horizon, Zenith, Galaxy, soon-to-be Mercury), they are planning significant renovations for their Millennium-Class ships.

Starting with the post-drydock sailing of the Constellation on May 9, they will be adding a Bistro On Five, Tuscan Grill, ice-topped Martini Bar, Cafe al Bacio, and Cellermasters. The staterooms will also be getting a major upgrade: new furniture, bedding, upholstery, flat-screen TVs.

The other 3 Millennium-Class ships will soon follow. I think this gives us considerable reassurance that these four ships will remain under the Celebrity fleet for years to come.

Rick

With Celebrity getting rid of their smaller ships (Horizon, Zenith, Galaxy, soon-to-be Mercury), they are planning significant renovations for their Millennium-Class ships.

Starting with the post-drydock sailing of the Constellation on May 9, they will be adding a Bistro On Five, Tuscan Grill, ice-topped Martini Bar, Cafe al Bacio, and Cellermasters. The staterooms will also be getting a major upgrade: new furniture, bedding, upholstery, flat-screen TVs.

The other 3 Millennium-Class ships will soon follow. I think this gives us considerable reassurance that these four ships will remain under the Celebrity fleet for years to come.

Rick

Remodeling the M class to have some of the amenities of the S class ships imo is a very smart move . We prefer sailing on the new S class ;however ,do want the new amenities to be added on the M class & we sail them as well . Losing the Mersury is no big deal ;as there could ultimately be( 5) S class ships in the fleet .

Remodeling the M class to have some of the amenities of the S class ships imo is a very smart move . We prefer sailing on the new S class ;however ,do want the new amenities to be added on the M class & we sail them as well . Losing the Mersury is no big deal ;as there could ultimately be( 5) S class ships in the fleet .

Cliff, We love the older "C" class ships. A few years back I just could not get excited about the M class and I just can't even a little bit get excited about the mega S class ships! I'm sure we will eventually take a cruise on the larger X ships but for now I'm having problems with the MEGA ships.

My favorite ship is the Connie; it's hardly a megaship in today's cruising world. We sailed on the Equinox this january and liked it very much- just not as much as the Connie. At no time did we feel like we were one of the hordes on either ship. And honestly neither ship felt all that much bigger than the Galaxy.

Love the idea of adding some of the best attributes of the S-Class to the M-Class! With the M-Class T-spa and these additions, it could be a real battle to go S-Class.

Realize that M-Class and S-Class have a larger number of passengers. But the crew ratio is still high so you get very personal service. Neither Class are crowded. I was worried about it when we booked Solstice, but you just aren't aware there are that many people. No chokepoints and lots of space. Each venue had room and we could find private places throughout the ship.

We cruised Mercury a month after her inauguration in Nov '97 and loved Her. Have continued to cruise on Mercury a number of times. But then cruised Summit and fell for M-Class and have cruised many of them. Just finished a Solstice and again found it fantastic. The way they've desigend the M-Class and S-Class is outstanding. So they are larger, but you aren't aware of that, and for me, that is the point.

Denny

Love the M class first X cruise was on the Millie & fell in love with her. We sailed on the Mercury last year & I was surprised how we loved her as well. Wish we could hold on to her.

dutchess43 - We love the M-Class ships too. They are just the right size and never feel crowded... The Aqua Spa is the best of any ship we have been on.. We just had our 4th cruise on Millennium (over 8 years) last month and have been on other Celebrity ships and cruise lines over the years - Millie is our favorite..

We will be going on Solstice in June and look forward to seeing a new class of ship -- but we have read that several people like the "M" Class better than "S" Class. We shall see...

Also, I just completed my most recent review of Millie and it was just published on Cruise Critic...

Cliff, We love the older "C" class ships. A few years back I just could not get excited about the M class and I just can't even a little bit get excited about the mega S class ships! I'm sure we will eventually take a cruise on the larger X ships but for now I'm having problems with the MEGA ships.

We came to Celebrity via Galaxy. And are seriously in love with Mercury. We would be very sorry to see the "C" class go. :( We have enjoyed many great cruises on the M class, and will continue to enjoy these over the years. I seriously doubt we will try the S Class. TOOOOOOO BIG :eek:

We came to Celebrity via Galaxy. And are seriously in love with Mercury. We would be very sorry to see the "C" class go. :( We have enjoyed many great cruises on the M class, and will continue to enjoy these over the years. I seriously doubt we will try the S Class. TOOOOOOO BIG :eek:

We don't find the S-class ships to feel much bigger than the M-class ships. The space-planning on the S-class ships is excellent. The traffic flow is very good and we never feel crowded.

I might have a different perspective if I had an aft cabin, as there is no aft elevator on S-class ships, but otherwise, I find the S-class ships to feel very comfortable relative to size.

Archived