Solstice Stateroom Doors

Workin4cruzin

I read a post that mentioned their stateroom door on Solstice opened outward, as opposed to all the X ships having always opened in to the room. I believe that poster was in AQ stateroom.

Can anyone confirm what the setup is like for the stateroom doors on Solstice? The reason I ask is that I am thinking about decorating my door, and if the door opens towards the hall, I won't want anything hanging at the top of the door or the door will probably rip the decoration right off.

Also, there was mention of a little 'alcove' at each door. Is this the case? I've been on all the X ships except for any of the Solstice class.....so it's all new to me.

Thanks for all responses!:)

I think it depends on if it is a connecting room or not. I think all rooms have the alcove area, but the connecting rooms have additional set of doors on outside of alcove. Non connecting rooms have doors open out into the doorless alcove. connencting rooms open in and have a door-optional alcove. I think, can anyone clarify?

According to the deck plans, there are no connecting cabins in AQ -- therefore, the doors will open out into a little alcove. I really liked this configuration. It was well thought out. In other stateroom categories, the doors will open out, if it is not a connecting cabin.

The door doesn't actually open out into the passageway, so you don't have to worry about smacking someone as you exit your stateroom.

If you are in a connecting cabin, the stateroom door will open into the stateroom.

I don't think you would have any problem hanging anything on or outside your stateroom door, whether it opens in or out.

I actually had to put a post-it note by the door handle saying "PUSH" as my wife always tried to pull the door open into the stateroom.

I believe its a fire code to have all doors open outward.

Oh ships, doors tend to open in. It has to do with flooding hazard more than fire hazard.

If a ship were to take a broad-side rogue wave and someone has their balcony door open, the last thing you want is outward opening room doors.

Thanks for the responses everyone. It sounds like there are both styles available, based on the stateroom you have.

We are not in a connecting room, and not in AQ....so I guess it will just be a 'surprise' when we arrive. :) I'm sure I'll figure out a way to decorate (a cocktail or two will help the creativity flow).

Two weeks, 6 days.....and counting!!:D

We were on deck 10 on Solstice. All doors opened out .

All doors, however were in a little alcove that served two adjacent

cabins (except sutites), so no danger of passersby knocking decorations

off of your door.

Don't hold me to it, but , as I recall, all of the decks were set up this way.

Doors 101:

Doors open outwards into an alcove - it gives you more room in the cabin this way.

2518497550099099348S500x500Q85.jpg

If the rooms are connecting then the outer alcove doors will shut - giving you privacy and the ability to leave the inner cabin doors open. No more connecting doors halfway along the walll. Connecting cabins have their doors still opening inwards

2660179540099099348S500x500Q85.jpg

You can see the different type of doors - the handles are on opposite sides.

It also makes it easier to pass in the corridors as there are alcoves all the way along.

I think the outward-opening doors are a brilliant concept in that it would relieve the congestion of "too many doors" in the cabin itself. I can clearly recall RCI's Radiance-class ships with the cabin door, bathroom door & closet doors all within a small confined space! Very tight!

This set-up is really cool. I like that there are no more connecting doors inside the cabin. Which I had known that before picking out my stateroom. I could have been on the center hump afterall. :rolleyes:

With the doors opening out, this will make it easier for the room service delivery to get by without two of us standing in that tiny hallway. :D

Unfortunately, since the closets have moved inside the stateroom living area, there now seems to be a wasted space along that wide open hallway. Celebrity should have at least put robe hooks up along that wall for hanging those bathrobes, and coats, sweaters, etc.

Archived