RCCL are you kidding me? $35?

so do I at least get an email from rccl saying "Your docs are ready?" SOmething at least? :)))))

Yes, you should see a message and link on the right side of the "Vacation Summary" web page, about halfway down. Click on the "Check Status" button & you'll be able to view the document online or save off/pring a .pdf version to your computer.

Save a tree, view them online!

Save a tree? Say what??

When you go to the buffet, I'll bet you don't say, "I won't eat that roll! I want to save a bushel of wheat!".

And if you were to drive across Kansas I doubt that you'd see a poor, downcast farmer sitting beside his empty field mourning, "Where did all the wheat go?? Boo-Hoo-Hoo!"

No. The farmer plants, harvests, and then replants his fields in order to provide a product that others desire. And we enjoy the results of his efforts by consuming his products, along with many other farm products.

Ditto for those in the paper industry. They plant, harvest, process and then replant forests for the same purpose as the wheat farmer. To provide a living for themselves and for others to voluntarily use. The trees don't just disapear and the forest owners go into mourning any more that a wheat farmer with any sense doesn't just give up and cry by the edge of his empty field. Their continuing livelihood depends on an abundance of thriving foresests, for which they take responsibility.

Sorry. I just had to vent. I promised myself that I would do this the very next time i heard somebody say "Save a Tree." It was your turn.

See you at the buffet.

And at bingo. (They'll have plenty of cards, thanks to the paper industry.)

Interesting vent, but it is a fact that we are using up trees on our planet faster than they can be replenished. I wish it were a happy a situation as you portray it.

I'm gonna run right home at lunchtime and give my trees a big hug!

Save a tree? Say what??

When you go to the buffet, I'll bet you don't say, "I won't eat that roll! I want to save a bushel of wheat!".

And if you were to drive across Kansas I doubt that you'd see a poor, downcast farmer sitting beside his empty field mourning, "Where did all the wheat go?? Boo-Hoo-Hoo!"

No. The farmer plants, harvests, and then replants his fields in order to provide a product that others desire. And we enjoy the results of his efforts by consuming his products, along with many other farm products.

Ditto for those in the paper industry. They plant, harvest, process and then replant forests for the same purpose as the wheat farmer. To provide a living for themselves and for others to voluntarily use. The trees don't just disapear and the forest owners go into mourning any more that a wheat farmer with any sense doesn't just give up and cry by the edge of his empty field. Their continuing livelihood depends on an abundance of thriving foresests, for which they take responsibility.

Sorry. I just had to vent. I promised myself that I would do this the very next time i heard somebody say "Save a Tree." It was your turn.

See you at the buffet.

And at bingo. (They'll have plenty of cards, thanks to the paper industry.)

I was jk, Mr. Bazzito.

Your reply is weird.

:rolleyes:

Interesting vent, but it is a fact that we are using up trees on our planet faster than they can be replenished. I wish it were a happy a situation as you portray it.

Not to mention all the landfill space those brochures are going to occupy when we are done with them.

tossed the rest. To me that is a huge waste.

Yep, especially the big booklet they always sent with ALL the excursions for ALL the ports listed. That was always a total waste of paper. If I'm going to book excursions, I typically either book far in advance (way before they send the cruise docs) to ensure I can get exactly what I want, or I decide on the spur of the moment, when already on board, to book something for the next day.

My favorite part of planning a cruise is when i receive the cruise docs in the mail. It excites me. So I go on line yesterday and notice that my up coming June cruise says that I chose to receive them electronically. Oh what a little mistake I thought. So I switch it to receive them by mail and a $35 charge appears! What the hell costs them $35 to print this out and mail it to me? They shouldn't charge me anything but I could understand maybe $5, $10, even $15 but $35? Come on!
Cheap compared to the $50 a lot of airlines charge you for paper tickets.

I hear what you are saying as I loved to receive them in the mail also :D BUT nothing we can do about it soooooo like Marci said you can always view them online and just print out the setsail pass.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

I think it was the fact of receiving them was "The Sign" that your cruise was imminent. Yes, I miss that but we have to change with the times.

I believe more trees are planted every year then are harvested.:)

I would be surprised if that were true, but it could be. And even so, cutting down a mature tree and replacing it with a sapling is not exactly an even trade from an environmental standpoint.

Either way, I believe reducing waste is a good thing. :)

I would be surprised if that were true, but it could be. And even so, cutting down a mature tree and replacing it with a sapling is not exactly an even trade from an environmental standpoint.
It is eventually.

We have always gotten spiral binders without having to select/indicate anything or pay extra. Our last cruise was in January of 2010. Spiral binder sent automatically. Is this charge newer than Jan 2010?

The $35 fee is a deterrent fee nor a doc fee. If you really want those fancy docs then you will pay for it. Someone's got to print them out, someone's got to put them all together in a fancy folder, then into a mailing envelope, taken to the mail room, someone got to put postage on it and then mailed to you. Time is money and payroll is money and you multiply by thousands of passenger each week = $$$$. What you you rather have, those fancy docs that get throw out after the cruise or poorer quality food in the dining room? Yes...times are that bad especially last year for the travel industry and cruise line are trying to find out anyway to save $$$ to keep the quality of their product up. Edoc are quick, easy and will get you on board the ship quicker so you can start enjoying your vacation.

I actually prefer the e-docs. In the past, I had to wait for the cruise line to send the docs to my TA and then had to wait for my TA to send the docs to me. Now, with a press of a button I have everything I need without the middle man. :)

The other reason to print the document is when Royal says you were NOT on that cruise and do NOT give your C&A Credit, you can use that to show them that went on said cruise

The other reason to print the document is when Royal says you were NOT on that cruise and do NOT give your C&A Credit, you can use that to show them that went on said cruise

Well, in our paperless society I don't know if it will hold any weight.

Have you had to prove a recent sailing?..I think not....it was from sailing back in the 80's and early 90's that they want documentation.

Those that say "'Save a Tree"

Not true!

Trees today are literally grown on tree farms...Companies like Georgia-Pacific and Wayerhauser do not cut trees and hope they stay in business. Every tree cut is replanted. It is called a renewable resource!!!!!

It actually take MORE energy to recycle paper. So those who want only recyled products are actually WASTING energy!!!

Please, no politician sound bites or strident vocal group....do some research, find out for yourself!!!

RCI saves:

Labor..no one needs to print documents

RCI saves:

Paper, no need to buy stock

RCI saves:

Print costs

RCI saves:

Labor..no assembly required

RCI saves:

postage

Therefore, we save by not having to pay for extranious services! Thus holding donw the pressure of price increases!

I'm fine with the online registration and edocs. I throw out so much paper every week from advertisers, it's one less thing to go into the recycle bin.

The $35 charge is not really that new, I think it has been in effect for a few months now, depending on when you booked your cruise. It's too bad the OP didn't know about the charge until after the fact.

Either way, I believe reducing waste is a good thing. :)

I agree with the waste part. TA really doesn't need to send the paper docs, but trees are not a yearly crop.

Getting back on topic, TA has never mentioned this additional fee.

Archived