Help with Ft. Lauderdale Hotel

Luv2escape

The last time we were in Ft. Lauderdale, we stayed at the Hyatt Place. Easy walking to a number of restaurants as well as a grocery store and liquor store. The rooms and lobby area were very nice and we got a great price on hotwire.

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania twice prior to winter cruises. The rooms are quite nice and they provide transportation from the airport as well as to the ship. Across the street is a small shopping area with two restaurants (one Mexican and one Italian). There is also a Publix grocery, etc. store in the strip shopping center. There is also a Dollar Store. The hotel is basically in a residential area, but a short ride from the airport and to the ship. The hotel also provides breakfast.

Just stayed there on 4/17. Free shuttle from airport. Nice room. Located next to Bass Pro Shops so you can walk to the Islamorada Fish Co restaurant. Free shuttle to the cruise port. We'd stay here again.

We always stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street in Ft Lauderdale, 5 minutes from the port -- not far from the airport. Lots of options within walking distance.

A third vote for the Embassy Suites... have stayed there about 10 times... in fact, just booked it again tonight for our 8/22 cruise on the Emerald.

Can be alittle hectic at times as it is very popular...suite hotel, great pool area, two hour complimentary Manager's reception, full cooked breakfast in the morning, short walks to alot of retail shops, wine/liquor stores and resturants... $15 taxi from airport... $7pp shuttle to the port...

We like the Renaissance on 17th Street. It's within walking distance to Total Wine, Publix, and Crown Wine & Liquors. It's also across the street from a great Italian Restaurant called Bravos.

Enjoy your cruise!

Any of these three hotels are close to the port; the airport is only 10 minutes away. Hyatt Place and Embassy Suites are closer to Total Wine and Publix, which are about a 5-minute walk from either. Hyatt Place has a free shuttle to/from the airport and the pier, free breakfast and free parking if you've rented a car. We stayed at the Renaissance 17th St. before our cruise last month and it had been upgraded since the last time I was there. It's about a 15-minute walk to Total Wine and Publix but is closer to the port. If it were me, I'd book the hotel with the lowest price. :)

We stayed at Hyatt Place last month and really liked it. Free shuttle to pier and free parking. I forgot to add free pick up at the airport so when I dropped the car off they picked me and drove me back tot he hotel.

We stayed at hilton garden inn dania, right across street hyatt place, merriot, across from plaza's and walking distance to lots of restuarants.

walking distance past home depot store.Would stay there again for pre and port cruises, maybe not for a full vacation.

Can someone suggest a nearby hotel to port and airport in Ft Lauderdale?

Would like to be able to walk to a nearby restaurant for dinner. Thanks

Renaissance gets my vote, and close to a bunch of restaurants and you can walk to Pier 2. :D

I like the Renaissance for location and for their rooms, However we were there for two nights in January, the food was not good, the WIFI would not work in our room and one of the two elevators broke down when everyone was checking out and heading for pier. They also have had a huge roll over in their management people the last few months.

I also like the Embassy Suites. Very nice hotel with good amenities plus close to a lot of restaurants. Carlos and Pepe's is a terrific Mexican place one block away. Plenty of choices.

I stayed at the Springhill Suites last time I was there.

1. Complimentary shuttle from the airport.

2. Complimentary shuttle to the pier. (Make sure you sign up when you check in)

3. Free breakfast. (Not the best I had, but good enough considering I was about to get on a 7 day smorgasboard)

4. Across the street from a shopping center with a Kmart. Also some restaurants (depending on how far you want to walk).

I've also stayed at the Courtyard already mentioned. My feeling was that if you didn't want to eat at the Islamorada Fish Co restaurant, there is NOTHING else in walking distance. When I stayed at the Courtyard, I had a car and drove to where the Spingfield is for dinner that night.

If you are looking at the last weekend in October you will not be able to get anything on 17th st fpr under $200 - $300. International Boat Show!!

We have stayed at the Ren, Embassy, Pier 66 and the Hyatt and have found them all satisfactory. We like the Embassy and Ren.

Super information - please keep it coming! There seem to be so many of us searching for the same information.

I've stayed at Hyatt Place North before and this time thought it might be nice to be on the beach pre-cruise. Can anyone comment on hotels either ON the beach or within a block or two? Like everyone else, we'll be wanting to walk to a restaurant, a grocery/drug store, and a liquor store.:D

Thanks in advance!

Depends on how much money you want to spend. Embassy Suites and

Renassiance are always higher in price.

Sometimes you can get Renassiance on Priceline but Embassy Suites

is not part of their system. Seems ES is always in the 150.00-200.00 per night range.

I have no need or desire to spend that much money for one night.

As for being located near the port? Hyatt, Renassiance, and

ES are near it. And they are all near shops and restuaurants too.

If you are Thai food lover, there is a restaurant called Coco's that is absolutely

fabulous:) and it is near all 3 hotels.

I prefer to save the money and either use Hotwire, Priceline or in the

case of the Hyatt I normally use Valuetrips. I have always been

able to get nice hotel room using one of these companies for at least

1/2 the price of what Embassy Suites charges.

Sheraton has just re-opened their completely remodelled, Yankee Clipper which is right on the beach. We stayed there two years ago before the redo and found the location great. http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=664

Wow! I was really impressed with the pictures on the site you included. Could you tell me if the Yankee Clipper was within walking distance of any stores/liquor stores? Restaurants? Thanks!

Wow! I was really impressed with the pictures on the site you included. Could you tell me if the Yankee Clipper was within walking distance of any stores/liquor stores? Restaurants? Thanks!

It's a bit challenged in that respect. There is the funky Bahia Canbana restaurant within a block for lunch or light dinner. Otherwise it's about a $10 cab fare to Total Wine and the restaurants. If you use the Water Taxi you can use your tickets to go to some of the restaurants in the evening and the Water Taxi's dock is only a block away.

Depends on how much money you want to spend. Embassy Suites and

Renassiance are always higher in price.

Sometimes you can get Renassiance on Priceline but Embassy Suites

is not part of their system. Seems ES is always in the 150.00-200.00 per night range.

I have no need or desire to spend that much money for one night.

As for being located near the port? Hyatt, Renassiance, and

ES are near it. And they are all near shops and restuaurants too.

If you are Thai food lover, there is a restaurant called Coco's that is absolutely

fabulous:) and it is near all 3 hotels.

I prefer to save the money and either use Hotwire, Priceline or in the

case of the Hyatt I normally use Valuetrips. I have always been

able to get nice hotel room using one of these companies for at least

1/2 the price of what Embassy Suites charges.

Hi Lois;

Does ValueTrips.com always offer a discounted rate for Hyatt Place? How did you like this hotel? We will be in Fort Lauderdale for our pre-cruise stay in November. We have stayed at the Embassy Suites and a couple of other hotels within the vicinity and was curious about Hyatt Place. Any issues in using ValueTrips to book it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Trudy

Hi Lois;

Does ValueTrips.com always offer a discounted rate for Hyatt Place? How did you like this hotel? We will be in Fort Lauderdale for our pre-cruise stay in November. We have stayed at the Embassy Suites and a couple of other hotels within the vicinity and was curious about Hyatt Place. Any issues in using ValueTrips to book it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Trudy

Hi Trudy:) I have stayed there 3 different times over the years

and have always been satisfied. It is not what I would consider

a 5 star hotel but probably 3.5 to 4;)

Yes, Valuetrips always has better rates and I have always been

pleased with the results....no issues.

The hotel is next to Embassy Suites so in the same great 17th Street

location:D...near lots of restaurants and close to the port!

Archived