My 1st cruise and this seriously had to happen???

A few years ago on the Mariner we stumbled back to the room late at night after being in the disco.....I opened the door to find someone in my bed, OHHH WAIT it wasnt my bed..WE quickly backed out....It was the wrong cabin, same exact location as my cabin, but on the wrong side of the ship..OOOOPS, YESSS my mistake of course, but the fact that my key opened the wrong door was odd...I went to the pursers desk the next morning and they quitly brushed me off...Go figure!!

I am sorry that you had a bad experience on your first cruise.

I have one question: What did the intruder say or do? :eek:

My husband and I were given a key to our oceanfront suite in San Juan (this after the clerk kept insisting that we had already checked in - you know where this is going :D) and when we entered, we found a man and a woman making love. :o Yes, the hotel had given our suite to a couple with a name one letter different than ours. No more oceanfront suites left, either. :( We got a regular suite overlooking a building. Guess what? We did not demand compensation. We felt more sorry for the couple that we walked in on.

BTW - The man came down to the desk to complain while we were trying to get another suite. Thankfully, he didn't recognize us. I wonder what type of compensation he got! :rolleyes: I think you receive fair compensation. A cruise credit would have been ridiculous. The cruiselines would go bankrupt if they gave a free cruise to everyone that complained.

SO, I was on Monarch over the weekend for my first cruise....

Food was great!

Ship was great!

Crew was fantastic!

What wasn't so great was the very first night I spent on a cruise ship a strange man walked into my room at 3:30 in the morning. He was clearly drunk and walked into the wrong room! How you may ask? Because Royal Caribbean didn't conduct the proper maintenance on the doors and the batteries were dead on the door which gave anyone with any Seapass card access to my room. The things that could have happened to me or my husband or my belongings (because, lo and behold, not all Monarch rooms have safes) are just too scary to think about. And you want to know what I got to make up for the sleepless nights I had to endure after that incident? A $50 credit to my Seapass account!

I'm u guys were safe and nothing was stolen but rooms not have safes thats pretty dumb all rooms should someone should complain about tht

I am sorry that you had a bad experience on your first cruise.

I have one question: What did the intruder say or do? :eek:

My husband and I were given a key to our oceanfront suite in San Juan (this after the clerk kept insisting that we had already checked in - you know where this is going :D) and when we entered, we found a man and a woman making love. :o Yes, the hotel had given our suite to a couple with a name one letter different than ours. No more oceanfront suites left, either. :( We got a regular suite overlooking a building. Guess what? We did not demand compensation. We felt more sorry for the couple that we walked in on.

BTW - The man came down to the desk to complain while we were trying to get another suite. Thankfully, he didn't recognize us. I wonder what type of compensation he got! :rolleyes: I think you receive fair compensation. A cruise credit would have been ridiculous. The cruiselines would go bankrupt if they gave a free cruise to everyone that complained.

So you had an ocean front suite booked and settled for one overlooking a building???

and you just accepted it and paid the same rate????

I'm sorry but you have no right to say anything to anyone when its so easy for you accept being screwed over.

So you had an ocean front suite booked and settled for one overlooking a building???

I'm sorry but you have no right to say anything to anyone when its so easy for you accept being screwed over.

Wow.... it is really easy for someone to take away someone else's rights I guess. :eek:

Does your head fit through doors easily?:D

jc

Actually, when we booked the room, it was a special price - same as other views.;) It didn't occur to us to ask for compensation, but we were given free drink coupons while we waited for the new room to become available. :cool:

You should have known this could have happened. I'm sure if you get into the fine details of your agreement to which you agreed when you went on the cruise, things like this are not the responsiblity of the cruise line. Which is why you should have known to bring a bungie cord, and secure your door before retiring. ;)

:)

Why "should" anyone "know" this could happen? I think it should NEVER happen -- RCI (or any cruise line) should make certain of that after each passenger has left. I'd say probably 80% of us reads the fine details of anything!

To the OP, I'm so sorry it happened on your first cruise, but don't let it stop you from cruising again.

Why "should" anyone "know" this could happen? I think it should NEVER happen -- RCI (or any cruise line) should make certain of that after each passenger has left. I'd say probably 80% of us reads the fine details of anything!

I think you missed the sarcasm in Todd's post.

I'm getting old lol because I remember being on the older ships (they were new at the time) when you had no safe and we lined up at pursers desk to drop off valuables to be put in boxes in back of pursers desk. Reading the above post reminded me. It was back in the late 80s

You are getting old. You forgot to correct both of your posts.

(I'm kidding with you, but it was funny) :D:cool:

I cant keep up. Im trying my darndest to read this thread in its entirety before responding and another page pops up.

OP...Im so sorry this happened. Even if they fixed the lock, I pushed everything I had in front of the door and had someone stand outside the door to guard it, I probably still would have subconciously been worried about it and not slept well, so I understand completely.

There is lots of arguing here, but I did read some informative information to help me on my upcoming Monarch cruise. Ive never sailed RCCL, so I didnt know that this ship doesnt have safes in all rooms. Thats a huge issue for me, so I will keep what I bring to costume jewelry and keep my camera with me at all times.

The other thing I pondered is what do I do...I really honestly cant remember if I turn an extra lock each night. This thread has made me aware of that and I will be more careful in the future. so Thanks OP!

I would like to offer a thought. Maybe the cruise lines should institute a new procedure after each sailing....battery testing. They could keep it on their cleaning cart and could check it each week or each day when they enter. It wouldnt take but a second to check, which could really show the cruise line cares about our safety. Just a thought.

I would like to offer a thought. Maybe the cruise lines should institute a new procedure after each sailing....battery testing. They could keep it on their cleaning cart and could check it each week or each day when they enter. It wouldnt take but a second to check, which could really show the cruise line cares about our safety. Just a thought.

Maybe I´m too naive, but I´m pretty sure the cruiselines have a routine check for the locks on their maintenance plan. I doubt it´s on the cabin attendants list and I doubt it should be their responsibility to check though.

Anyway I also still doubt the battery story and no checking on earth will take care of malfunctions. Sh... happens.;)

what cabin did you have?? I cant believe your neighbors didnt hear you.WOW:eek:

I would still like to know what cabin it was...........Im gonna be sure to ask about this when I go on the MN soon......

Maybe I´m too naive, but I´m pretty sure the cruiselines have a routine check for the locks on their maintenance plan. I doubt it´s on the cabin attendants list and I doubt it should be their responsibility to check though.

Anyway I also still doubt the battery story and no checking on earth will take care of malfunctions. Sh... happens.;)

you are probably right that they already have routine checks. I also see this topic was mentioned on one of the pages Im just now reading. Im still not through this entire thread!!!

Oh well, here I thought I had an ingenious idea. LOL NOT! :D

This isn't about me. I am not trying to deny anyone their rights as you seem qualified to do.

JC

There are some people who like to STIR the pot, but get very upset when they get splashed from the STIRRING :rolleyes:

Archived