worth it to upgrade cc to aqua?

2martinis

Glad you wrote. We will be on Solstice in CC and were considering the same change. I guess the biggest advantage is eating in Blu but I saw their menu on another post and think I would like the food in the main dining room better. Also I would have to give up my bigger hump balcony stateroom which I really don't want to do. Plus we would have to pay another $200 to upgrade to Aqua which we could use to eat in the other specialty dining spots. I talked myself into it - I'm staying in CC.

Hi---I sailed on the Solstice in CC last Summer & spoke to a number of fellow cruisers in AQ who didn't think Aqua class was worth it. On the Solstice, quite a few AQ cabins were noisy & some actually had overhang/obstructed view issues. Not quite sure if/how the Equinox deck plans vary from the Solstice---but DO KNOW that X's newest ship, the Silhouette, will have vastly different cabin placement.

:cool:

Glad you wrote. We will be on Solstice in CC and were considering the same change. I guess the biggest advantage is eating in Blu but I saw their menu on another post and think I would like the food in the main dining room better. Also I would have to give up my bigger hump balcony stateroom which I really don't want to do. Plus we would have to pay another $200 to upgrade to Aqua which we could use to eat in the other specialty dining spots. I talked myself into it - I'm staying in CC.
Good choice, we like MDR much better and other perks are sure not worth it. You have a lot of good reasons for your smart choice, been there, done that, wouldn't do Aqua again.

We love AQ; and, we book early; hence, we acquire the cabins with the larger balconies. Also, our dining experiences in Blu, both for breakfast and dinner are the best of our cruising experience which totals about 3/4ths of a year during the last eleven years. While we have no problem with the water from the tap, we received a plethora of bottled water which we consumed in the cabin, around the solarium and on the beaches which we visited. In short, our next Equinox cruises are already booked in AQ. Additionally, our 14 nighter on the Constellation in December would also be in AQ, if it were available, but we have settled for CC-1, which is not bad.

IMO it would depend on the cost and whether you value the Blu experience. If you do not want to dine in Blu, I would not think that it would be worth any additional cost. (over a CC)

My wife and I have cruise once in CC and once in AQ and I thought the AQ was very nice and I would cruise again as long as all the people in our party were in the same category. But we really liked the Blu experience.

I'm a fan of AQ. Enjoy Blu, find it far superior to MDR. Had Beef Wellington at the Captain's Table in the MDR and found it inferior to most of my Blu dinners. Food is very subjective and your tastes may differ from mine. Enjoyed visits to the Persian Gardens that are included in AQ rate. The upgraded cabin shower was wonderful. Bottled water was and flavored tea were plentiful and refreshing. I have been in AQ for 4 cruises and would do it again in a minute, but I really don't kn ow enough about your preferences to make a recommendation.

Hi---I sailed on the Solstice in CC last Summer & spoke to a number of fellow cruisers in AQ who didn't think Aqua class was worth it. On the Solstice, quite a few AQ cabins were noisy & some actually had overhang/obstructed view issues. Not quite sure if/how the Equinox deck plans vary from the Solstice---but DO KNOW that X's newest ship, the Silhouette, will have vastly different cabin placement.

Care to enlighten us? :)

Check out the schematic of the Silhouette on X's website. Captain's Club members were offered booking for 2011 before the general public...I took advantage of this & was able to book on the 'bump-out'. CC cabins seem to be grouped on different decks & locations than on the Solstice. My TA said X also 'tweeked' the locations of some restaurants, the Spa, etc. mainly due to feedback from cruisers concerning noise, etc.

TXsloth---let me know what you find out ;)

We absolutely would always choose Aqua just to be able to eat breakfast and dinner in Blu. Food is a matter of taste, but we definately feel that the food and service are far superior in Blu. You get two bottles of water per day plus flavored teas.

thanks for the input. Seems most former cc's would go for the AQ. So maybe we will try it out. Although the 400.00 difference would pay for other things. still confused!

$400 PP or $400 total? What length cruise?

You get 2 bottles of water a day. We weren't sure the iced tea pitchers are washed consistently...On our 10 day we ate in BLU twice, we preferred the offerings in the main dining room....but BOY did we enjoy the the Persian Garden!!!!! As for the location under the pool deck-didn't hear a thing, and with the large balcony overhang-not a problem at all.

(probably not worth $400 all told)

enjoy your cruise!

:)

Robin

Several posters have said that they received more than 2 bottles of water per day, simply by requesting more from the stewards.

One AQ poster calculated that they drank approximately $400 in bottled water over the course of their cruise.

Currently, on some Silhouette sailings, CC1 is more expensive than AQ. ;)

We booked our July 5th Med. cruise in December. Then in March Ac rooms went on sale..We upgraded and got back $200.00 each. Saving $400.00 and moving up to a AC room was a no brainer given all the perks.

Worth it to us for sure. We got MUCH more than two bottles of water a day. Told attendant 1st day that we drank a lot of water and always made sure we had a few bottles available. We loved Blu, if you don't like normal menu they will accommodate you if possible. The breakfasts there were far superior to anywhere else on the ship too.

Room was NOT noisy at all. Not all of the AQ staterooms are under the pool area. I think AQ is worth paying more.:)

Archived