C&A Changes - Positive!

Anyone have any idea if this portion (combining On-board booking OBC with use of Diamond Plus Balcony discount) is retroactive for existing reservations made onboard?

I would say good luck on getting that to take.:rolleyes:My guess would be no since just think of all the paperwork involved trying to figure that out? That would also take about 5 or 6 phone calls to Royal Caribbean before they could figure that out.

Jimbo:)

Anyone have any idea if this portion (combining On-board booking OBC with use of Diamond Plus Balcony discount) is retroactive for existing reservations made onboard?

Surely the changes mentioned come into effect June 1st so cannot be started till today,which is the afore mentioned date.

It's still not clear whether we can combine diamond balcony discount with the quarterly cruise discount certificates. Confusion reigns - or have I missed something?

You can now combine those 2, but not if you are also using an on board booking OBC. Basically, the way I read it is, you can combine 2 discounts or OBC's, the shareholder credit though is still showing as non combinable

I am a diamond member. If I am understanding this correctly (clear as mud to me) if I book a 12 night cruise on board and use a diamond discount this is how it plays out:

$150 OBC (used to be $200)

$325 diamond discount (used to be $300 prior to today)

for a total loss of $25????? :o:) This was the old NC prior to 2009.

Also, can you use the diamond discount if you don't book on board?

Thanks for you help figuring it out...

You can now combine those 2, but not if you are also using an on board booking OBC. Basically, the way I read it is, you can combine 2 discounts or OBC's, the shareholder credit though is still showing as non combinable

Looks like though the saving certificates and only be combined with booking onboard credit when booking a inside or outside cabin, NOT a Balcony:mad:

I am a diamond member. If I am understanding this correctly (clear as mud to me) if I book a 12 night cruise on board and use a diamond discount this is how it plays out:

$150 OBC (used to be $200)

$325 diamond discount (used to be $300 prior to today)

for a total gain of $25????? :o:) This was the old NC prior to 2009.

Also, can you use the diamond discount if you don't book on board?

Thanks for you help figuring it out...

Looks like you lost $25 with the new rules not gained:eek:

Whole lotta nothing.Did not buy a future on last cruise since it could not combined.Still no shareholder bennie combining.I guess I can sell my stock buy a cruise and get a benefit after that by buying a future on board

:cj

Platinum Benefits

Radio

;);)

/quote]

Excellent job Radio! I'm actually very glad these new benefits coincide with what I learned and first posted.

I'm quite pleased with this. A partial combinability is back, the internet credit has been expanded (very good!), free photo is back, and upgrade possibility has been expanded to Diamonds.

Now, I just hope the feedback is positive here to let RCCL know that we appreciate the enhancements. For some reason, people love to complain, even when receiving something good!

And this is the new improved version that will make D members happy????? :rolleyes:

Well you can aleast combine the 2 now, before it was take the only the best (1)discount you could find. In the day way back when though it was as many different discounts as you could find.:D

Only to dream for those days to come back.:p

Platinum Benefits

Radio

;);)

/quote]

Excellent job Radio! I'm actually very glad these new benefits coincide with what I learned and first posted.

I'm quite pleased with this. A partial combinability is back, the internet credit has been expanded (very good!), free photo is back, and upgrade possibility has been expanded to Diamonds.

Now, I just hope the feedback is positive here to let RCCL know that we appreciate the enhancements. For some reason, people love to complain, even when receiving something good!

You are right! It is a better policy than the previous one. I compared it to an old NC that I had that was prior to 2009.

Didn't mean to sound ungrateful; I haven't had my coffee yet!! :o:D

Well you can aleast combine the 2 now, before it was take the only the best (1)discount you could find. In the day way back when though it was as many different discounts as you could find.:D

Yes, you are right!!

This is my last "old" NC- (big sigh) :D;)

Perhaps not as good as it "used to be" prior to the big changes at the end of 2009....these changes are better than what we had. Is it everything we wanted??? No, but, it looks better than it was yesterday.

Let's try to be positive for once!!!!

I am a bit confused.

I'm a diamond member. I booked while on the Summit a few weeks ago the repositioning from Chile to Sao Paolo on the Mariner of the Seas. Since it is a 14 day cruise I got $300 OBC. Can I still call for my balcony discount or is it only for D+ members?

Are there any diamond members who would be willing to send me their free laundry bag coupon???? I am doing a B2B in August and it sure would help!!!

You are going to have to get that free coupon from a D+. Diamonds get a "savings" on laundry/dry cleaning.

I am a bit confused.

I'm a diamond member. I booked while on the Summit a few weeks ago the repositioning from Chile to Sao Paolo on the Mariner of the Seas. Since it is a 14 day cruise I got $300 OBC. Can I still call for my balcony discount or is it only for D+ members?

Good question, although the fine prints states that these things must be applied at the time of booking by the loyalty ambassador...I think that's what it says.

I have a few cruises I booked on board previously, can I call and get my OBC applied.....NO! I'm sure of that.

Gina

Whole lotta nothing.Did not buy a future on last cruise since it could not combined.Still no shareholder bennie combining.I guess I can sell my stock buy a cruise and get a benefit after that by buying a future on board

:cj

This is sort of how I feel about it, too. Very little added back that was taken away in the first place. And now that there are NO price reductions AFTER final payment, I don't see the on board booking benefits as being so great...unless you find a great deal on board on a must do cruise in a must have cabin or you just have to plan really far ahead.

I can still cruise at the last minute in most cases if I see a bargain and cabin location isn't usually a big deal to me.

I REALLY wanted that shareholder OBC to be given back. There's no reason to be a loyal shareholder once you are a loyal cruiser.

Gina

Archived