Time to put this rumor to rest - Tier level requirement changes to C&A

I'm still complaining about RCI taking her away from us!

You have a big complaint about it from me, too. And I'm a Floridian. It was so easy to fly from Orlando to San Diego and do the Mexican Riviera. Those longer cruises were great and worth the flight out there.

Now I have to book Carnival to do it. And I have one booked. I'd REALLY rather it be on RCI.

Gina

Recent quote from press briefing by Betsy O'Roark, SVP Marketing, RCCL.

"In addition, she confirmed that Royal Caribbean has been evaluating other program options— including the possibility of increasing what's required to reach the top tier, and, in turn, rewarding those who get to that top tier in a more robust way.

But she also stressed that if the line would choose to take that type of step, any existing Crown & Anchor Society members would be "grandfathered" in under present tier levels."

We are Royal Caribbean cruisers and love the Crown and Anchor Society. Everytime we have sailed on another ship like the Solstice and see the Freedom of the Seas across the dock we have ship envy. Everyone who loves Princess should sail on her ships. Love the activity on Royal. We personally do not care for Princess and tend to stay Loyal to Royal.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

We are Royal Caribbean cruisers and love the Crown and Anchor Society. Everytime we have sailed on another ship like the Solstice and see the Freedom of the Seas across the dock we have ship envy. Everyone who loves Princess should sail on her ships. Love the activity on Royal. We personally do not care for Princess and tend to stay Loyal to Royal.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

I really love this post of yours! I can't tell you how many times over the years that I have made a comment on these boards about how when we sail into port and I look around at the other ships how I am so happy that I am on the RCI ship looking out at the others rather than being on one of those ships looking over at our ship.

Our first RCI cruise was on Explorer. When we got back I wrote a review and in it one of the lines I wrote was that when we sailed into each port I so so happy to be on that ship and not any of the others that were in port with us.

I really love this post of yours! I can't tell you how many times over the years that I have made a comment on these boards about how when we sail into port and I look around at the other ships how I am so happy that I am on the RCI ship looking out at the others rather than being on one of those ships looking over at our ship.

Our first RCI cruise was on Explorer. When we got back I wrote a review and in it one of the lines I wrote was that when we sailed into each port I so so happy to be on that ship and not any of the others that were in port with us.

Thank you for understanding what I was saying and not getting all insulted by it. We just happen to love the Royal Caribbean Cruise Ships, especially the Large ones. We have sailed on Holland America, Norwegian, Princess, Disney, and Celebrity but really feel welcomed and at home on the Freedom and Oasis class. We know so many of the crew and staff that it is like coming home. :)

Take care...

Irene & Miles

Take care...

Irene & Miles

I am with you. We love Royal, love the ships, service and everything about it. We may do another Celebrity at some point, but Royal is our cruise line of choice. Have 9 more booked already for 2010, 2011 and 2012.

More power to you.To each their own.I've never envied another ship in port(though it would be nice to sail that ship with private hot tubs over looking the ocean in every cabin).Sailed Celebrity and Royal several times each and they both have theie plus and minuses.Might try Princess next as my belief is that they would be between the two.Royal had great bennies that may them an easy choice but since I will not be D plus anytime soon the bennies are less of a concern.

:cj

More power to you.To each their own.I've never envied another ship in port.Sailed Celebrity and Royal several times each and they both have theie plus and minuses.Might try Princess next as my belief is that they would be between the two.Royal had great bennies that may them an easy choice but since I will not be D plus anytime soon the bennies are less of a concern.

:cj

I don't "envy" ships. I was speaking about physical appearance. I think RCI has the best looking ships in the business. And I never have seen another ship in port and thought that I would rather be on that ship rather than the one I was on. I was in San Juan once standing on the stern of Adventure looking at the stern of the Caribbean Princess and was very glad that I was not standing on the Princess looking back over at Adventure. I think adventure is a more appealing ship.

I, also, have sailed both Celebrity and RCI. You are correct in that they both have their pluses and minuses. RCI just happens to have more pluses for me.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

We are docked next to Norweigan Epic in St. Thomas on our Aug. 15 Freedom cruise. Will be interesting to see the 2 ships together especially the view from downtown. I don't like the EPIC's outside look.

I tend to agree with you but then I remember the old saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover."
Will be interesting to talk to folks who are sailing on her when we are in St. Thomas. I'm more into traditional cruising so NCL's freestyle is really someone else's vacation to me.

What she didn't mention in the article which I know will be part of the restructuring is that cruise credits will be based on days sailed. So the days of fattening your cruise credit totals with 3-4 day cruises on Majesty and Monarch for instance will soon be coming to an end. And to be honest I think that change is long overdue. Why should someone who sails an 11 night cruise receive the same amount of credit as someone who sailed a three night cruise. It never made any sense to me.

This is the way that Cunard does it. When you reach the next level of benefits it really means something.

The inequity of equating a 3-4 day sailing the same points as that of a 10 or 11 night sailing wasn't fair to begin with. I can see getting more points for booking a suite vs. a regular cabin because you are paying more, but not equating 3-4 day sailings the same points as the longer sailings.

MARAPRINCE

I guess it's all about being "robust" these days.:rolleyes: Does this mean that the new tier within C&A will be the Robust Level??

Part of a quote from Adam Goldstein's blog...."booking bonus to be as robust as possible"....

Part of a quote from Betsy O'Roark's press briefing......"rewarding those who get to that top tier in a more robust way".

I think it is a new buzz word. I was listening to the tech guy on the radio the other day...he was talking about a computer with a more "robust" operating system. :rolleyes: :D

Of course it made me think of our recent conversations. :)

We are about 3 shy of Diamond but have no plans to sail on Royal for awhile-Trying to decide if we should book a suite for a short cruise & get to Diamond but not sure if that would be worth anything...???

We are Elite on Celebrity so we get Diamond perks now such as they are--the breakfast is nice & the discount, but the party each night with cheapo wine & trail mix is nothing like it used to be!!!

Do you think we'd gain anything getting to Diamond before it changes?

seems only D + really get anything--on our last cruises the D+ folks all got nice upgrades & much of their conversation centered on that...

(We actually just booked a cruise on Princess and are at zero-- no perks, no status but it's a nice itin around the British Isles & so far their customer service has been outstanding!)

[quote name='hcat']We are about 3 shy of Diamond but have no plans to sail on Royal for awhile-Trying to decide if we should book a suite for a short cruise & get to Diamond but [U]not sure if that would be worth anything...??? [/U]

We are Elite on Celebrity so we get Diamond perks now such as they are--the breakfast is nice & the discount, but the party each night with cheapo wine & trail mix is nothing like it used to be!!!

Do you think we'd gain anything getting to Diamond before it changes?
seems only D + really get anything--on our last cruises the D+ folks all got nice upgrades & much of their conversation centered on that...

[I](We actually just booked a cruise on Princess and are at zero-- no perks, no status but it's a nice itin around the British Isles & so far their customer service has been outstanding!)[/I][/quote]Sorry I am D+ and never got an upgrade.:mad:

Archived