Who to contact at Princess for upgrade opps

lovn2liv

I understand their is an "upgrade fairy" in the works here. Whether it is computer generated or there is someone that takes certain things into consideration when upgrading cruisers, I need a little bit of information if you please.

Could anyone tell me which dept or individual that may be responsible for upgrades for Princess? If there are different people for different ships, then I'm looking for the Emerald specifically.

Thanks to anyone with this kind of information.

Could anyone tell me which dept or individual that may be responsible for upgrades for Princess?
It's the guy that does the computer programming. There is no person you can call to try and sweet talk your way into better treatment; it is all done by the computer based on whether or not you check the Do Not Upgrade box. Which is why most of us prefer to think of it as a nice little Fairy randomly landing on someone's reservation. But it's just a bunch of electrons whizzing around according to some very secret, undisclosed and not-for-public-release based on proprietary yield management data.

Thank you for your response. I'm hoping there will be others with different information. People on these boards are sooo resourceful and have information that not all of us know is there, as I've seen countless times.

My attempt to sweet talk someone isn't part of the scenario, and I'm also told that even if you do not check the "upgrade" option, there are still those calls that come in.

I'm looking for that dept. or individual that is in charge of these decisions. Anyone else have that information? Thank you for your time.

Sadly, cherylandtk is correct. If you wish for another type of upgrade...contact who your purchased your cruise through, whether that is a travel agent or Princess directly, and purchase one if there are still cabins available on your sailing.

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for but these are really the only ways to get an upgrade.

No person to call or contact, no special occasion celebrated onboard that will generate an upgrade . It is just the luck of the computer draw from what we have all learned from first hand experience over the years. Good luck though!

I was about to type almost the exact same wording. There are cruise lines that have people to talk to about complimentary upgrades............Princess just ISN"T one of them.

Sadly, cherylandtk is correct. If you wish for another type of upgrade...contact who your purchased your cruise through, whether that is a travel agent or Princess directly, and purchase one if there are still cabins available on your sailing.

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for but these are really the only ways to get an upgrade.

OK here’s the name but keep it to yourself. Benjamin Franklin. All you have to do is send Benjamin Franklin to the cruise line and you are guarantied to receive an upgrade. The more Benjamin Franklins you send to the cruise line the better the upgrade. He can upgrade you from an inside to a full suite. Just make sure you send enough Benjamin Franklins to get the job done. This is the only way to guaranty an upgraded cabin, I hope this helps you.;)

No person to call or contact, no special occasion celebrated onboard that will generate an upgrade . It is just the luck of the computer draw from what we have all learned from first hand experience over the years. Good luck though!
Exactly. Make sure your booking is marked "Will accept upgrade" (which is the default for all bookings.)

On the other hand, you can always call your TA (or Princess if you booked directly) and ask for, and pay for, an upgrade.

Complimentary upgrades are given on the basis of available cabins and demand for specific cabin categories. When you consider that the default for all bookings is that they will accept an upgrade, if you have 3,000 people on a ship, you probably have at least 2,500 hoping for an upgrade. It does happen but more often, it doesn't. It cannot be requested by either your TA or your Princess booking rep other than the "Will accept upgrade" default.

Have your TA call...just a suggestion, if you or your partner have your heart set on a better cabin, have TA call and ask how much $$ to upgrade to whatever you really want...might be better to just pay for it and avoid disappointment if it is a special occasion...

OK here’s the name but keep it to yourself. Benjamin Franklin. All you have to do is send Benjamin Franklin to the cruise line and you are guarantied to receive an upgrade. The more Benjamin Franklins you send to the cruise line the better the upgrade. He can upgrade you from an inside to a full suite. Just make sure you send enough Benjamin Franklins to get the job done. This is the only way to guaranty an upgraded cabin, I hope this helps you.;)

Nope, not listening. I won't give up. Tell Ben to back off. He's not part of the equation. Great response bucky.

Silly comment here, but if there was someone to contact to have a better chance at a complimentary upgrade, don't cha think we would all be calling? This just does not exist, sorry! :(

Seems like this person isn't very busy.

Sorry but if we knew who to contact we'd all be booking that least expensive inside guarentee and spending our cruises in the cabin of our preference- which of coarse would usually be the most expensive cabin on the ship. Now, wouldn't that be nice:D

On the other hand, if someone does know who to contact why in the world would they want to post it here and loose their own opportunity to book that least expensive guarentee and get upgraded for free to the most expensive cabin because someone else contacted the upgrade fairy first? That would be pretty silly of them wouldn't it???

If someone knew the "secret upgrade contact information" do you think they'd really share it here for the whole world to get in on?

But it's a moot point. There is no person/department/etc. to contact for an upgrade. You only have a few options. You can pay for an upgrade through your TA (or by calling Princess, if you booked directly). You can ensure the "do not upgrade box" is not checked by your TA in your booking. And/or you can book a guarantee cabin and hope you get bumped up. The only guaranteed way is to pay for it. The other two options just keep the potential open, but in no way ensure that you will get an upgrade (or that it'll be any sort of a meaningful upgrade if you do get bumped up).

Have your TA call...just a suggestion, if you or your partner have your heart set on a better cabin, have TA call and ask how much $$ to upgrade to whatever you really want...might be better to just pay for it and avoid disappointment if it is a special occasion...

Thanks Sunset

OK contact Alan Buckelew @ 661-753-0000. Tell him Bucky referred you to him. He can get you an upgrade.

I always tell him "Stewart" sent me... and that seems to do the trick.

Thank you for your response. I'm hoping there will be others with different information. People on these boards are sooo resourceful and have information that not all of us know is there, as I've seen countless times.

My attempt to sweet talk someone isn't part of the scenario, and I'm also told that even if you do not check the "upgrade" option, there are still those calls that come in.

I'm looking for that dept. or individual that is in charge of these decisions. Anyone else have that information? Thank you for your time.

Upgrades are completely random... There is no specific department and/or person you can talk to. If you want to pay for your upgrade, then talk to any Princess rep or your TA. Sorry.

Archived