Original Posters to the Celebrity Board

barbon2

Was just wondering how many of the original posting group, (going back to the beginning of these boards), still read and post on the Celebritiy Boards. Many of us have really posted more then our profiles state and for a longer time, when the boards were revamped, our original posts were deleted. So to all of you "oldies" are you still out there??

Barbara

Hi Barbara:)

I started posting in January 2003...and have never stopped;) ...but I don't think I am an "Original"......I think there are many people who have been on here for years and years and years.

I've been around since about 98 I think. If memory serves it was only on AOL at the time.

hdawson .... We were reading your posts when it was just through AOL and we were not yet members ... and just reading. Glad to have this opportunity to "THANK YOU" for the help you have been to us for many, many years!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Ocn:

Still here, go back to about 96 and you can't use the word Potpourri on these boards as Walt will have a stroke. Just kidding, I loved that board but the conversations now are tame compared to what was on then. That was when these boards were exclusively under AOL and we lost so many people when they switched over. I also remember the conversations with Parnami (Mel) who is still out there in cyberspace. Great guy but hated Celebrity.

Babette: Did you ever post on Prodigy way back around 94 or so when they had the absolute best cruise boards.

Don

Ocn: ... the conversations now are tame compared to what was on then. That was when these boards were exclusively under AOL and we lost so many people when they switched over.

Don

Yes, the conversations REALLY are tame compared to what they use to be! :D

Thanks Don, Ocn, Barbara, and All for bringing back the memories!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Hey HDawson, Dkret, Ocngy, I DO remeber when we were just on AOL. Parn and I did have some really "interesting" conversations in regard to Celebrity on the boards. Funny thing is that Parnami (Mel) and I have become friends since the original postings and he really IS a nice nice guy. And yes, Walt did give me some tongue lashings about my posts way back then. On well, it was nice to reminisce and hopefully some others from way back will respond.

I did not post on the Prodigy boards, but use to post here ALOT when it was AOL only, I have to admit the old boards were easier to use, and the old chat room was nice also.

Barbara

Don: Yes. Prodigy was very good. Oh well......que sera, sera.

Mel still posts from time to time. You can find him over on the RCL forum.

OH NO... don't want to give Walt a stroke! But it WAS interesting!

Don: Yes. Prodigy was very good. Oh well......que sera, sera.

Mel still posts from time to time. You can find him over on the RCL forum.

OH NO... don't want to give Walt a stroke! But it WAS interesting!

I guess there's not too many of us left. I told you, Walt is hiding out on this one since we mentioned the dreaded P word.

Don

I was on AOL boards years ago, but dropped AOL and couldn't access Cruise Critic until they went public, then I didn't find it right away. I still correspond with a lady from Boston that I met on the old AOL boards. That cruise was in 1996, but it was Majesty Cruise Line that we were went on and met on the boards.

We've been around at least from 1999, possibly before. We weren't AOL enabled so were on a USENET newsgroup previously before finding CruiseCritic.

Mel is a character, he really trashed RCCL about the alchohol policy way back when. However, he did do great reviews on RCCL and other cruise lines.

Wow, I'm being talked about without being flamed......on the Celebrity boards? ;) What's wrong with you people!!??

I'm still here..just no longer particularly active. I just don't like the direction cruising has taken, in general. That always was one of my concerns and one of the reasons I was always so hard on Celebrity, since they seemed to be the line to emulate, an obvious mistake, in my opinion.

Oh well, it's too late now!

Last year, I did post briefly, on this board when it appeared I would be booking with Celebrity on a South Pacific cruise, which, good authority at the time indicated was positioning a ship there. The info, though valid was a bit premature (Celebrity's going down there in 2006) and we did that cruise on Princess instead. I seem to recall, I got flamed for announcing my intention to give Celebrity another chance. Things hadn't changed all that much here!

Now, with Celebrity recognizing my status on RCI, if I were to cruise Celebrity, I find I'd be an ELITE member of their repeaters club. Kinda ironic, wouldn't you say? :p

Anyway, it's good to see old faces. For those of you who remain on AOL, we still have the cruise chat each night at KEYWORD "cruise cafe". Things don't go as long as they did in the past though, with major activity now limited to between 10 and 11 PM Eastern Time. It would be nice to see some of you there.

Archived