Allegiant/JetBlue/SouthWest/Spirit/Virg Amer/-New opening of rate schedules-post here

Host Mike

Does anyone have an idea of when SouthWest and AirTran usually put out their schedules for late Oct-early Nov ? I looked over their web sites and could not find an answer. Thought some of you seasoned flyers may know.

We just booked a cruise yesterday and will need airfare departing 10/28 or 10/29 and returning 11/05 RT from Indy to Tampa. In the past, it has seemed that these 2 carriers have offered the best prices for non-stop flights. If one can book them as soon as they are offered, the savings are even better.

I have heard that SW and AirTran have merged? Not sure how this affect things.

Thank-You.

• 3 weeks later...
For Southwest will open Feb 8 for travel up to Sept 30.

Thank you - Airtran is closer for me but being September Buffalo will work if needed - anyone know when Airtran will open up September? I can't wait to get that step done for our Dream cruise!!

Tina

If you ever want to know when Southwest will be releasing the next block of airfares just scroll down on their homepage and under Customer Service at the bottom center is a link for Travel Tools. Just click on that and it will tell you when the next block of dates will be released.

Southwest opened up new dates today.

I found that Air Tran was cheaper than Southwest for Buffalo, NY to Orlando Aug 21-27 non stop.

I booked a one way award flight this morning at 8AM PST for mid-September. My friend booked our return award flights and got the last seat on one flight for me, and had to put herself on an earlier flight.

I told her we had to do the flights today when the schedule opened up, and I was right. The award seats go fast for flights in and out of cruise port airports the day before embarkation and the day of debarkation.

You gotta jump on them immediately!!