Completely Random Question: Do they still fold the toilet paper?

BroncosFan2010

So why do they discriminate against poor Lois when they fold the toilet paper for all the rest of us? icon9.gif

Also, whenever we got near the end of a roll, they would change out the roll and put in a full one. We never learned what they did with the old, leftover partial roll.

Hey Derf, our grocery stores sell neither toilet paper nor toilet tissue. They have "bathroom tissue" only.

Is the t word prohibited? It was not on George Carlin's list.

Thanks for thinking of me but to be totally honest, it makes no difference to me if it is folded or not. Maybe they have and I never noticed it?

I just don't recall ever seeing it that way but from what I am reading it seems to be a "regular thing" for most people.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was a joke, then found myself getting very involved in all of this TP discussion. :p Really fun thread. I'm an over the top person, and I really don't care if the "bathroom tissue" is folded into a point or not. It does seem that almost every hotel we stay in does this though.

Hi there! Just my 2 cents: never paid that much attention onboard-always thought it a nice touch in hotels, though. My REAL concern is directed to Lois R : since Mercury is going to another cruiseline after next Feb., do you have any plans to sail "one last time"? I know you're a fan! My DH & I love the smaller ships, so I quickly looked for Mercury cruises on Celebrity's site. We are booked on the Panama Canal cruise in Oct. Hope you can do "one last cruise" on her, too! Annie:)

since Mercury is going to another cruiseline after next Feb.' date='[/quote']

What are they going to do with all the toilet paper left on the Mercury. Will it go to the German cruise line of go over to the Celebrity Sillywet. (why name a ship so hard to spel)

Inquiring mimes want to know.

Hi there! Just my 2 cents: never paid that much attention onboard-always thought it a nice touch in hotels' date=' though. My REAL concern is directed to Lois R : since Mercury is going to another cruiseline after next Feb., do you have any plans to sail "one last time"? I know you're a fan! My DH & I love the smaller ships, so I quickly looked for Mercury cruises on Celebrity's site. We are booked on the Panama Canal cruise in Oct. Hope you can do "one last cruise" on her, too! Annie:)[/quote']

Hi Annie,:) there are lots of folks on here who also love Mercury:)

I do have a deposit down for a sailing before she leaves the fleet

although I am not sure I am doing it. Thanks for thinking of me

though. That is kind of you.:)

I'm reading this thread and thoroughly enjoying it, and it makes me think of a pretty funny story...

Before we got married I was living with my husband and after he proposed he sits me down one night and tells me he has something very serious to discuss with me that has really been bothering him. He said he wasn't sure he could marry me if I couldn't change one very important thing for him. I'm a pretty tough woman, and I was kind of mortified by that, thinking there was some major dealbreaker for him. He's a big joker, but I took him seriously, and asked him what was so important. He says..

"If you can't start rolling the toilet paper over the top I don't think I can marry you" and to this day I am still not sure if he was serious!! :eek:

I totally burst out laughing- but guess what! We always roll the toilet paper over the top in our house now :D

I'm reading this thread and thoroughly enjoying it, and it makes me think of a pretty funny story...

Before we got married I was living with my husband and after he proposed he sits me down one night and tells me he has something very serious to discuss with me that has really been bothering him. He said he wasn't sure he could marry me if I couldn't change one very important thing for him. I'm a pretty tough woman, and I was kind of mortified by that, thinking there was some major dealbreaker for him. He's a big joker, but I took him seriously, and asked him what was so important. He says..

"If you can't start rolling the toilet paper over the top I don't think I can marry you" and to this day I am still not sure if he was serious!! :eek:

I totally burst out laughing- but guess what! We always roll the toilet paper over the top in our house now :D

WOW! I hope he was kidding, and this sure is a funny story to be able to tell, but if he was serious, I would not want to spend my life with someone who would make such an important decision over something so petty! Although, it seems not to matter since you roll it that way anyway!

Thanks for the laugh!

I want to end the toilet paper over or under debate for ever:

According to the toilet paper companies, the roll should always go OVER. This is how they advertise, but do you want to know the real reason why....

YOU USE MORE when the roll is OVER! And when you use more, you buy it more often, and they make more money!

LOL!!! True story. :D:D:p

Well from the standpoint of the toilette seat being down on the cruise...I'm thinking that the top should be closed due to the possibility of reaching for something out of the cabinet/counter and then having it fall into the toilette.

But I do have to say that my loving husband does leave the actual seat down for me. :D

engrLiz...Yep I agree.:p

After returning from one cruise I noticed the toilet paper in our guest bathroom was folded.

My (unmarried) brother was checking on the house for us and I figured out he brought someone with him when he came over one day. The next time I saw him he had a female friend with him whom we had never met. I asked her if she had folded the tissue when she was there earlier and got the funniest look. Later found out she was not the friend with him when he checked on our house. Just never know what you should ask. (She is very nice and has been over on many occassions since. I never did find out who the mistery toilet paper folder was.)

Mary Lou

Folding the toilet paper? Been sailing with X since 2003 and don't

ever remember that.......its on the roll, in the bathroom;):)

Yes, the toilet paper was folded in a little triangle on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Holland America. No paper animals!

Archived