New DP perk-any first hand accounts yet??(BOGO speciality restaurant)

PH8

The funny thing is...my in-laws are Gold (by C&A status only ;)), and they were also on my cruise. Their book had a coupon for 25% off a specialty coffee that did not have to be used in the specialty restaurant. I'm curious what the new Platinum coupon says.

What are they thinking?? D/DPs can afford to eat at the restaurants more so than a G??:eek::eek::eek:

someone already posted the exact wording and that statement is not true at all...

The funny thing is...my in-laws are Gold (by C&A status only ;)), and they were also on my cruise. Their book had a coupon for 25% off a specialty coffee that did not have to be used in the specialty restaurant. I'm curious what the new Platinum coupon says.

How CAN you possibly book a next cruise day 1 and also make reservations to eat in a speciality restaurant day 1 embarkation day! I am so confused - can't wait to read the coupon. When I get it on Friday, I will post a copy of the actual coupon.:confused:

Barbara - that is a great idea. Looking forward to seeing the actual coupon.

Once again you reply to a post that hasn't been posted yet. Damn you are good girl! I think you must have the fastest computer on the planet or something.:)

hahah.been doing that A LOT lately..........but I think I just figured it out........the time on my puter was 1 minute behind the time on the last post......so I adjusted my puter to a minute ahead,.,.,.,.,.I think that should fix it..

OHNO..............didnt help a bit............maybe I'll change my time another minute

What are they thinking?? D/DPs can afford to eat at the restaurants more so than a G??:eek::eek::eek:

Once again you reply to a post that hasn't been posted yet. Damn you are good girl! I think you must have the fastest computer on the planet or something.:)

I will miss the free coffee coupons, but D/D+ can get a free specialty coffee every morning at the Diamond breakfast.:D

I will miss the free coffee coupons, but D/D+ can get a free specialty coffee every morning at the Diamond breakfast.:D

True but we we don't typically go to breakfast and I enjoyed the specialty coffee iced so I guess I am just out of luck. Just a very, very small speed bump along the highway of life.

Remember,now it is ONLY good in the speciality restaurants,so first that free coffee will cost you a few bucks for dinner..:eek:

Like my DH said....many people can't even drink coffee at night - it keeps them awake when they are trying to sleep. We can always opt for decaf but it's not usually as good.

Oh well, I do intend to use the 2 for 1 specialty restaurant coupon sometime. I'll just get a free decaf cappuccino after dinner. Yes, I'm one of those who can't drink caffeine at night - I even bring my own caffeine free diet soda on board for this reason.

Gina

Thanks for the BOGO coupon post. It states it is valid for precruise and shipboard reservations. Does anyone have any information on how to use it when doing a pre book? Prebooks require a full payment. Thanks.

I'm just going to book and pay for one person pre-cruise. Then, when I'm on the ship I'll stop by and explaind the ressie is for two with a bogo coupon. I think just showing up with the second person would work; you'd be seated at a table for two if you dined alone, anyway.

I'm just going to book and pay for one person pre-cruise. Then, when I'm on the ship I'll stop by and explaind the ressie is for two with a bogo coupon. I think just showing up with the second person would work; you'd be seated at a table for two if you dined alone, anyway.

I would think that would work for two but we will have four. We won't be heading out until October so I am hoping there is some good info before then. Hope to book as soon as we can to secure the time we want. Thanks.

I would think that would work for two but we will have four. We won't be heading out until October so I am hoping there is some good info before then. Hope to book as soon as we can to secure the time we want. Thanks.

Maybe they will have a box to check on the reservation site that a coupon will be used - although I highly doubt it. Maybe they will instead credit it back to our on board accounts and then back to our credit cards if we don't use it on the ship - a pain in the neck. But we might have to do it that way if they end up booked to capacity on the first night - before we even board the ship. On board bookings might be too late.

They should really allow it on another night if they are already full the first night. Or maybe it won't be as popular as we think.

Gina

I like the idea of a box to check. The reservation indicates D+ so maybe they can have the checkbox for the D+ coupon. I would think crediting the Sea Pass is a viable option but it sure would be easier to just let us book with the coupon option. I guess we will just have to deal with the way they decide to do it

Book and prepay for two pre-cruise. Then, go see them when you get on the ship and change it to a table for four. I imagine it will be fine, since the first night is pretty slow for them. At the worst you may have to change your dining time for the table for four.

I'm excited about using this on the Freedom in September 2011. It's my bff cruise with my gf, and I like that she and I can do this the first night. We do MTD, anyway, so not showing up the first night in the MDR isn't a big deal.

I guess the coffee coupon isn't a huge deal...on most ships. Where there is a CL, D+ already has access to free coffee. Many of us eat in the specialty restaurants so it will be nice to have a free cup of specialty coffee, too.

But what about the ships with no CL? There is no specialty restaurant on those ships either for the most part I think. And there is a Seattle's Best where it would have been a nice perk to have a free cup of coffee. Oh well, you win a few and.......

Gina

I'll trade with you. We usually eat a few meals in the specialty restaurants and aren't bothered by late night caffeine.:)

Just did an online chat with a RCCL rep........asked how to go about booking so we can use the BOGO coupon(asked do I book just one person??)........he told me online booking is not set up yet for that perk and that their IT dept is working on it.:rolleyes: (and we have to book on board)

That's funny, because I called yesterday as I was trying to book our group into chops, but because 1 reservation was made in the UK and 2 made here, I could not do it as a group, had to book a 4 top and a 2 top and then try and get them put together when we board. When I mentioned the coupon to the D+ Desk, they told me to go ahead and book and the cover charge would be credited once the coupon was presented at the resturant. He could not tell me if it would be credited to the credit card used to prebook or to the seapass account, but assured me it would be credited, and as it is my wifes birthday on the first day of the cruise, and the reason for doing chops that night, he advised me to prebook as there may not be any space available when we get onboard.

You mean 2 different reps=2 different answers?????????:eek::eek: Im shocked;);)

Just did an online chat with a RCCL rep........asked how to go about booking so we can use the BOGO coupon(asked do I book just one person??)........he told me online booking is not set up yet for that perk and that their IT dept is working on it.:rolleyes: (and we have to book on board)

That's funny, because I called yesterday as I was trying to book our group into chops, but because 1 reservation was made in the UK and 2 made here, I could not do it as a group, had to book a 4 top and a 2 top and then try and get them put together when we board. When I mentioned the coupon to the D+ Desk, they told me to go ahead and book and the cover charge would be credited once the coupon was presented at the resturant. He could not tell me if it would be credited to the credit card used to prebook or to the seapass account, but assured me it would be credited, and as it is my wifes birthday on the first day of the cruise, and the reason for doing chops that night, he advised me to prebook as there may not be any space available when we get onboard.

If it takes their IT department the same length of time it did to get cruise credits straight and then to allow adding consecutive booking numbers into My Cruises accounts....................I'd say that it will be booking on board for a long, long time.:D

If it takes their IT department the same length of time it did to get cruise credits straight and then to allow adding consecutive booking numbers into My Cruises accounts....................I'd say that it will be booking on board for a long, long time.:D

You're so cynical;)(but with good reason):p

I would still book online before the cruise just to reserve the table space. If it's only for 2 people, I'd reserve for 1 to avoid the credit on the seapass thing.

I agree with Patti about the IT department. I am a retired software development manager, and I have never seen a modification go so slowly. They must have bundled the cruise credit change request with a BIG bunch of other changes and rolled them out all at once. That took about 18 months if I remember correctly: they could have reprogrammed the whole web site in that length of time!!!

I won't be using my bogo until next May, so I hope they have it fixed so I can book online and indicate a bogo coupon when I do the booking.

Archived