Question about the ValidFill dispensers on board the ships...

The next year they went with a mug that held the same amount but looked much bigger around. The thinner one fit perfectly in my car mug holder and when I took it out to the pool or ball parks, everyone wanted to know where I got the cool mug. Wish they would use that one again. I have a big batch of the newer ones but I never take them anywhere.

I LOVE the newer mugs. I use mine for coffee on my trip to work every morning. It fits perfectly in the cupholder in my car.

Thanks for the response, so just to make it clear in my mind, if you want to use the 'self dispenser' you need the mug, if you don't want to use the mug you still need to go to the bar to get the refill by showing your seapss? Is that right?

Spot on!

I think I read that the Majesty was the test ship.

Yes. That's what I was told when I asked the bartender what the dispenser was. Eventually, they will be fleet wide.

Remember, Majesty was also the test ship for no life jackets at the muster drill.

And this is why they probably won't be used too extensively (or soda package price will go up). Making people wait at the bar would help to cut down on consumption. If the soda is there and easy to get too, people will drink more of it.

I will have a hard time getting used to paying for soda. Disney has a free refill station near the pool that is just part of your cruise fee. Soda is charged at the bar though.

Sounds like a neat idea but not a fan of having to carry the mug everywhere. Just someting else for my kids to forget to bring back to the cabin :eek:.

We forgot our mugs in the WJ the first day we bought them. We didn't bother getting new ones.

• 5 months later...
I would like to know if anyone has tried to bring their cups back on a second cruise and they worked in the machine. No I do not condone stealing. I am just "curious".

The mugs have a computer chip inside them the reads the dates the mug is valid. It even displays the info on the front of the machine. So no, you would not be able to use a previous mug.

Archived