Quest, Marriage show??

Depends on how open minded you are :) Love & Marriage I would say not a problem but Quest? If you really cautious letting your child to watch "R" rated movies then I say would say no. There can be nudity so it really depends on how mature your child is and what you feel comfortable for them to see. I have been to tame shows but on the Monarch I experienced my first full nude (ok he still had socks on) man walking through the audience, not participating but just posing for photos and I have a photo to prove it. :D

BonVoyage

Dawn

Quest-definite no.

Love and Marriage-I wouldn't take a 15 year old to that.

I'm sure there are lots of other things a young teenager would enjoy doing.

This is just my opinion.

Thanks to you both....it's a no go for sure lol...I'm new to cruising, can you guys tell me if there are other shows to see while these are going on? My husband and I would be just as happy sitting quietly and relaxing but i was thinking of the boys (18 & 15) and what they could do in the evenings? and what we could do as a family. Full nudity? no kidding? wow...

I'm 15 so i will tell you my views.

Love and Marriage Game Show - Perfectly fine, i have never seen anything bad in it. I have been going to it since i was about 10 as far as i remember.

Quest - A couple weeks ago was my first time going since always before it has been 18+. Worst i saw was some thongs and some guys acting out dirty dancing. IMO, all 15 year olds have seen this before and know about it, so it is nothing new to them.

My then 16 yr old DD and her friend thought the Newlywed, Love and Marriage game whatever they call it was lame when they saw it on Carnival.

My kids were not with us when DW and I saw Quest , and I know each show differs in how risque it gets . But the one we saw while maybe not Disney fare, was nothing my kids haven't seen already.

I have a 15 year old nephew..... sure he could see either show....and I'm pretty sure he would think them both extremely lame. As for the content or innuendo contained in them.... he would be more amused at watching the audience reaction and disseminate the social and cultural inference the shows elicit than anything else.

I have a 15 year old nephew..... sure he could see either show....and I'm pretty sure he would think them both extremely lame. As for the content or innuendo contained in them.... he would be more amused at watching the audience reaction and disseminate the social and cultural inference the shows elicit than anything else.

Exactly

Its our generation that was brought up to blush and giggle if they heard the word "PENIS" or make a big deal if a TV show showed a womans breast. Not theirs

My then 16 yr old DD and her friend thought the Newlywed, Love and Marriage game whatever they call it was lame when they saw it on Carnival.

My kids were not with us when DW and I saw Quest , and I know each show differs in how risque it gets . But the one we saw while maybe not Disney fare, was nothing my kids haven't seen already.

Love and Marriage really is a function of the contestants. You'll get anything from lame, boring answers to all questions to someone giving a "he did not just say that!!! Are we recording this footage and can you air that on television?!?" It just depends...

With regard to Quest, I haven't seen full nudity. I haven't seen partial nudity. In fact, your kids could see more up on the pool deck if you have a bunch of Brazilians cruising with you. Just saying...

In fact, with the way people "prepare" for Quest, it's not like...well, I don't want to spoil the surprise for people who haven't seen it yet. Let's just say that I've heard a lot, YouTube'd it to see a couple vids, but what I saw in person didn't compare to anything I previously heard. So I guess it's also a function of the participants...and how far the CD will take it.

While today's teenagers have seen much of what could happen in Quest before and find it pretty lame, as a parent I'm not sure I would feel comfortable sitting with a teenager watching someone (who probably has been drinking too much) taking Quest to the extreme of full nudity or 2 people dirty dancing.

Not a prude as I would enjoy the show without underaged children. Just don't think Quest is appropriate.

Newlywed Game is recorded and played on TV on the ships.

As for people in my age range not liking quest or love and marriage game show...

I always love the love and marriage game show, one of the highlights of my cruise. My first time at quest was also a huge highlight of my cruise, i loved it. They were both hilarious, and i will continue to go to both on every cruise i go on. You will never know how your child will like a show or not. Let them try it, if they don't like it, they can leave.

EDIT : I don't understand how anyone in my age range could not like quest. You'd have to be crazy not to like it. Adult quest was way more fun to me than teen quest. Teen quest was the lame one to me.

You know your child and what they are exposed to on a regular basis, they won't see anymore at Quest or Love and Marriage than whats been on say HBO.... I don't think a 15 year old would think it was a big deal.. they might giggle and get a little embarased but it wouldn't scar them for life or anything like that. With that being said.... I wouldn't volunteer to be involved as a contestant in these two events if your children are with you unless you want them to have blackmail material for the next 10 years.

One husband and wife that were chosen for love and marriage had their three kids in the audience, 12, 15, and 18.... yeah needless to say the kids thought it was hilarious.

Then call me crazy, hon. Please understand that not everyone will like it, OK? It's simply not for everyone.

And to OP, have to say I'm glad you decided against it (re: post #5). Enjoy your cruise. :)

Place me in that boat of people who didn't enjoy it. To me, it just seemed like loosely organized chaos.

I did, however, get one chuckle. Obviously the CD tried to keep a level of surprise to hinder people being "prepared". He asked for a photo of President Obama. People just sat there looking around like "what?!?"

I smiled, pulled out my phone and brought up a browser page that I had been reading prior to the cruise...which just so happened to be about the White House's stance on some position. Needless to say, we were the only team to score points on that one. :p

I did, however, get one chuckle. Obviously the CD tried to keep a level of surprise to hinder people being "prepared". He asked for a photo of President Obama. People just sat there looking around like "what?!?"

I smiled, pulled out my phone and brought up a browser page that I had been reading prior to the cruise...which just so happened to be about the White House's stance on some position. Needless to say, we were the only team to score points on that one. :p

Good for you and the CD! I love to hear that they are making an effort to keep it fresh.

Then call me crazy, hon. Please understand that not everyone will like it, OK? It's simply not for everyone.

And to OP, have to say I'm glad you decided against it (re: post #5). Enjoy your cruise. :)

I agree. We saw Quest once and have no interest in going back. Guess I'm crazy as well.

As for the other show, you never how risque the responses will be so I would err on the side of caution. What was really disturbing to me was when one of the couples had their entire family in the audience, including some pre-teens. My own philosophyu is that kids need a time to be kids and we adults sometimes rush them into adulthood much too quickly.

Whether Love and Marriage is appropriate depends I would say on the 15 yr-old; I would say in general the adult content is similar to what you would find in a PG-13 movie. If I had a 15 yr-old, I would probably feel just comfortable enough to allow them to attend if they wanted to (but I think they might find it kind of boring).

Quest is a different story. Depending on the audience, it can range from risque to, as others have said, full-on nudity. My parents, who are well-traveled and quite worldly, were very offended when they encountered nudity at Quest during their last cruise, and left during the show. I would not take a 15 yr-old along for that one.

You know your child and what they are exposed to on a regular basis, they won't see anymore at Quest or Love and Marriage than whats been on say HBO.... I don't think a 15 year old would think it was a big deal.. they might giggle and get a little embarased but it wouldn't scar them for life or anything like that. With that being said.... I wouldn't volunteer to be involved as a contestant in these two events if your children are with you unless you want them to have blackmail material for the next 10 years.

One husband and wife that were chosen for love and marriage had their three kids in the audience, 12, 15, and 18.... yeah needless to say the kids thought it was hilarious.

You actually made me laugh out loud! I think my 18 year old would die laughing at us! but my 15 year old would probably haul us off the stage!

Thanks all! Well, it's definitely not for us...we seriously are more of the sit on deck and watch the stars type anyways.....I'm sure there will be other shows we can all enjoy.

re: Love and Marriage;

We were newlyweds last year, and were picked for the L&M show. Our DD's (11 & 12) were in their respective programs... *I* would have been embarrassed if they had been in the audience...

Well; it turns out they broadcast the show for the next 24 hours straight! So they saw it eventually.... I'm just glad they didn't ask any questions :-)

If L&M were a movie; I'd give a PG-13;

No opiniun on Quest; I have only been once (10 years ago) and it didn't interest me.

Aloha,

John

I'm intrigued to see how racy Quest has gotten. I've seen it twice - in 2001 and 2005 and both times kids were allowed (in fact, the first time I walked in totally confused because I nearly tripped over a kid who was participating and he was gnawing on his sock)! I think the CD kept the game pretty PG because he saw there were some kids in the mix. There was some undressing but absolutely no nudity. In 2005, on the AOS, it was in the ice skating rink and there was a ton of kids there so it definitely did not get too racy. We had fun because 1. we were drunk and 2. we participated and acted like fools. If I was 15, I'd probably be embarassed if my parents were participating and think all these adults are acting like children! If the guidelines for the show say 18+ (as I've read they sometimes do), then that is probably when it will be more of a R rated show. Still, probably nothing a 15 hasn't seen but I'm sure there are other things they can do if you want to catch the show.

We went on the Mariner in May and they carded people at the door for Quest (18 years or older)- and had a disclosure about not being easily offended - our show was definetly r rated - almost full nudity from a female guest that they replay in so-motion - but we haven't had that good of a laugh in a long time.

Archived