Who Has Items Stolen from Luggage

Putterdude

Count us in as never as never having anything stolen from our luggage. Count us in too as locking our luggage. We use with TSA approved combination locks. We know that if someone really wants to break into our luggage locks won't stop them but a lock is like Linus's security blanket to us. And we never keep any valuables in our checked luggage such as; cameras, jewlery, cell phones, etc.

I think this was written about yesterday in another thread about locking vs. not locking your luggage?

We've always locked our luggage and have never had anything missing. I would like to read about anyone who has truly had items missing from their locked cases. Unlocked you are pretty much leaving your things available for the taking, especially if you pack small valuables.

The only time we have lost anything while traveling is when we left an item behind ourselves. We call it donations.

We keep our luggage locked with the TSA combination locks. This practice however did not keep someone out of our luggage when we flew into Orlando last January. We received our luggage after getting off the plane and went to our hotel When I opened our bags, we found that one of my entire out fits -pants,top, and shoes- were missing along with one of my hubby's dress shirts and a tie! .Guess someone needed them more than we did! Moral to the story is Don't think locking your baggage will prevent loss, it may slow someone down, but it won't keep thieves away!

Never lock my luggage, never had anything stolen. Homeland Security does do a fine job of messing up/wrinkling all my clothes when they search my suitcase!:mad:

Well, at least they are good at something.

Never had anything stolen and we do not lock our bags. (Knock on wood)

My DH travels every week for work to various clients in the US and has never had anything taken either.

He did have a woman pick up his briefcase (I am assuming by accident)

and was half way across concourse before he was able to catch up with her. There was a very large check in briefcase with his laptop and work CDs so thank goodness all worked out in the end. Apparently, she had the same briefcase/bag.

4 cruises and many many bags, never a loss, but of course I always lock and with so many juicy easier pieces with plastic and no locks why should I worry :D

Who has items stolen from their luggage; if so what was taken and were the bags locked or unlocked?

Locked suitcase-TSA approved, 4 digit padlock- broken into at Seattle airport last month. The padlock was removed by cutting through the zipper eyes. The suitcase was ransacked and just dirty laundry left - the thieves even took my make up and perfume.

I have no plans to fly again anytime soon.

Never had an issue of someone stealing anyhting out of luggage, although we got a nice note from TSA (they put TSA back) that they searched the bag.

I always keep my valuables and electronics, medicine in my carry-on NEVER checked- to me that's just plain common sense.

Alrana

Archived