Here we go again!

You know those are fightin' words with some D/D+ members!:D

LOL

But-let's face it-the main problem with the loyalty tier IS the overcrowding of lounges. Trust me-they will fix it and not all will be happy. You will then actually sail RCCL because you like it. Wow-what a concept!!!:p

There is more to D+ than the C/L.

D+ gets to...

Use their seapass card to charge onboard items...and get into their staterooms.

Not have to wear life jackets at muster drill.

Attend the Captain's welcome aboard party.

Take tenders to Cococay, and eat at the BBQ.

Get their pictures taken by the ship's photographers.

Use the elevators on the ship.

Attend the port and shopping seminars.

Play bingo.

Watch the belly flop contest.

Climb the rock wall.

Fill out the set sail passes online.

I know I am missing some, but this is just a few.:D

Did the Mrs. leave you home alone again with the cats?:p

Unless you are privy to some inside information, your predictions are only more of the same old doom and gloom that some people have delighted in posting ad nauseum , if only to stir the pot. Worrying about things that are beyond our control is an exercise in futility.:rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with preparing for the future!!!

What doom and gloom. The cruise line will still be running. I for sure have not heard RCCL is closing shop!!!;)

Did the Mrs. leave you home alone again with the cats?:p

Nope. In fact we are getting ready to drive from Florida to Maine to get a real Lobstah Dinnah.:D

The cats will be left at home to fend for themselves.

Well OK, they will have the "babysitter" check in on them daily.:)

Unless you are privy to some inside information, your predictions are only more of the same old doom and gloom that some people have delighted in posting ad nauseum , if only to stir the pot. Worrying about things that are beyond our control is an exercise in futility.:rolleyes:

People are posting what they THINK is going to happen. Exactly the way it should be on a message board. As long as they're no personal attacks, it's interesting to read people's opinions.

Nope. In fact we are getting ready to drive from Florida to Maine to get a real Lobstah Dinnah.:D

The cats will be left at home to fend for themselves.

Well OK, they will have the "babysitter" check in on them daily.:)

Make sure your car air conditioning is in good condition. The weather up here is HOT. Have a safe drive.

Sure would be nice if you brought some of that back with you and dropped it off here in Ocala:p

Make sure your car air conditioning is in good condition. The weather up here is HOT. Have a safe drive.
Its just as hot here........gruesome--UGH!!

I still think your "status " should be based on number of seas days. Lets take the money aspect out of the equation. But who doesnt like a few little extras? I will still take the cruises and when I finally do get to Diamond status. I will be glad cause that means I took 10 cruises and had a great time.

But you could be given Diamond status, along with all the perks, with 30 days at sea spending approx $400 per cruise and someone who takes 7 days cruises will be spending approx $1000 per cruise or more and doesnt get it until 70 days at sea. Just doesnt seem fair.

I agree! Why should someone who takes a 3 day cruise get the same credits as someone who takes a 7 day cruise. I just don't see how that adds up.

Now I understand how the politicians are so successful selling their wealth envy programs.

How about if they only take 12 3-day cruises in suites? They could be D+ in 36 days. How unhappy could that make you?

Perhaps you would be happier on Holland America. They award credits based on days at sea. And, it is more difficult to earn premiere status with them.

Star Mariner - Every guest that joins us for any Holland America Line cruise returns as a Star Mariner.

2-Star Mariner - Collect 30 Cruise Day credits

3-Star Mariner - When you collect 75 Cruise Day credits

4-Star Mariner - Guests who collect 200 or more Cruise Day credits

This is where the difference is and it has absolutely nothing to do with money. Those that live close to a cruise port and can drive there have a greater opportunity of doing more cruises (and shorter get aways) than those that have to fly to a port. With that being said.........then not everyone has the same opportunity.

Maybe they should award people who live in Florida one half credit. Of course, this being the United States, you need permission to move to Florida. I mean not just anyone can do that, can they?

If the cruise credit system confuses you, figure this one out.

An elderly couple that we cruise with frequently has 23 cruise credits. They are going on the Oasis in September. They decided to book a short Monarch cruise in August.

Not so they can be D+ on the Oasis, but so they can become D+, and then be able to try other cruise lines.

They may say they are not interested in being D+ before they go on the Oasis, but, ask them after they come back what the Concierge Lounge was like. They will appreciate being D+ on the Oasis if they visit the Concierge Lounge.

I would prefer that they did that instead of counting the cruises, as we never did a shorter cruise than 7 nights and many 14 day or longer cruises since 1980.

We are now Diamond Plus with 36 cruises, but many more sea days because of our long cruises. They didn't give double credit in those days for longer cruises.

Ginnie

I just added up the actual cruise days, and I have a total of 315 days, with another 24 coming up for the next two cruises booked.

I don't really care how they will decide on my cruise status, as long as they don't take my D+ level away.

I enjoy the Concierge Lounge, not so much for the free drinks, but it's easier for me to meet people, when I travel solo.

Ginnie again

there are more important things to worry about in life than cruise credits. last i knew we cruise to get away and enjoy our vacation. we don't cruise so we can get cruise credits.

Like you we didn't start cruising to get cruise credits and if we were still relatively new cruisers we would not be concerned with how cruise credits are calculated.

There are however many of us who have accrued several very nice perks based on our cruise histories so now we have a vested interest in what happens.

Recently diamond member lost access to the concierge lounge. With the increasing ranks of D+ members, some cruises are again experiencing crowding in the lounges. There have been many rumors about more changes to the program.

Although none of us have an inside track as to what will happen it is just natural that we would be concerned.

. Of course, this being the United States, you need permission to move to Florida. I mean not just anyone can do that, can they?

:eek: What is THAT supposed to mean?:eek:

I do think that if they change the policy of how your D/D+ status is obtained that it should NOT be taken way from those who have already had it.

I do not plan my cruises on how many credits I get. I plan them on where they are going and what fits into our schedule. But "the perks" when we finally do get them will be good to have. We have not flown to cruise in some time. Being a family of 5 it can get pretty pricey. We have been going out of Cape Liberty and Baltimore. Easy drive. We also have a son with autism and not sure how the flying thing would go and we want to be considerate of our fellow passengers.

But you could be given Diamond status, along with all the perks, with 30 days at sea spending approx $400 per cruise and someone who takes 7 days cruises will be spending approx $1000 per cruise or more and doesnt get it until 70 days at sea. Just doesnt seem fair.

you could always do BB cruises with a 3/4 night and get 2 cruises! don't penalize those of us who did 3/4 night cruises because of costs, convenience, time off from work, whatever. we did our duty as stated by the rules.

Maybe they should award people who live in Florida one half credit. Of course, this being the United States, you need permission to move to Florida. I mean not just anyone can do that, can they?

Believe it or not, I didn't even specify geographic location with my comment.:D Florida isn't the only port of call where people can drive to.

Not just he booze and the lounge. So much more. Check out the benefits list on the Crown and Anchor page. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do;jsessionid=0000Jkgjo9HWsWjZepcUmxuEibA:12hbiocak?cS=NAVBAR

I dont even drink!!!

And NO i dont begrudge those who have earned it. Yes you did what they asked to get the bennies. I just feel as though the way they calculate when you get them could be improved upon.

I totally understand your reasoning, however a cruise is a cruise. Soon it's going to be "I paid more to fly to this departure port, so I should get a higher status." Or, "I had a bigger bar bill or purchase at the art gallery." If you are that caught up in status on cruises....holy moly.

Not just he booze and the lounge. So much more. Check out the benefits list on the Crown and Anchor page. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do;jsessionid=0000Jkgjo9HWsWjZepcUmxuEibA:12hbiocak?cS=NAVBAR

I dont even drink!!!

And NO i dont begrudge those who have earned it. Yes you did what they asked to get the bennies. I just feel as though the way they calculate when you get them could be improved upon.

I know there are all those other benefits, but not once have I seen anyone complain that their ability to be on the front of the wait list at the spa might be taken away. Each complaint seems to be overcrowding in the lounge--which to me, means less access to free drinks.

As platinum, we're pretty happy with what we get.

Believe it or not, I didn't even specify geographic location with my comment.:D Florida isn't the only port of call where people can drive to.

I know you dont.............I just didnt get that comment by the other poster at all!:confused::confused:

Maybe it wasn't too clear. Try this:

[sarc on] Of course, this being the United States, you need permission to move to Florida. I mean not just anyone can do that, can they? [sarc off]

Is that better?:p

It seems some people are not only jealous of the number of cruises we go on but also of our Florida residency where we can cruise without flying.

[sarc on]That was why I suggested the playing field be leveled by only awarding 1/2 cruise credit to Florida residents. Anyone cruising who lives in state with only one port would be eligible for one full cruise credit and anyone living in a state with no port would get at least 2 credits for each cruise.[sarc off]:p

[sarc on] Of course, this being the United States, you need permission to move to Florida. I mean not just anyone can do that, can they? [sarc off]

still not clear to me..........I just don't get the sarcasm.:rolleyes:It just doesn't make sense to me.......:eek:

Is that better?:p

It seems some people are not only jealous of the number of cruises we go on but also of our Florida residency where we can cruise without flying.

[sarc on]That was why I suggested the playing field be leveled by only awarding 1/2 cruise credit to Florida residents. Anyone cruising who lives in state with only one port would be eligible for one full cruise credit and anyone living in a state with no port would get at least 2 credits for each cruise.[sarc off]:p

Let's take it one step further...

How about we do it on a point system. You get a point for how many miles you have to travel to the port. I am about 1500 miles from the port of Miami, so I would get 1500 points. If you live 15 miles away, you get 15 points.

So...even if you live in NY or CA, you can leave out of FL to get more points!

Or, if you live in FL, you can go to SJU or NY and get more points. Points and free booze for everyone!!! :eek:

And PH8, I think the poster's point was that ANYONE can move to Florida, so we shouldn't single the folks from Florida out...If that's your concern, just move to Florida. Pretty simple! ;)

And PH8, I think the poster's point was that ANYONE can move to Florida, so we shouldn't single the folks from Florida out...If that's your concern, just move to Florida. Pretty simple! ;)

I just didnt get his "you need permission to move to FL " comment.....

I just didnt get his "you need permission to move to FL " comment.....

I think the point was that you DON'T need permission to move to FL, so if you're complaining that people from FL have more chances to cruise, get off your midwestern bum and move down there. The only thing stopping you from moving to FL is you.

Maybe? :)

Archived