My reference was to this statement...."1 point for every dollar spent on past cruises. Everything included, price of cruise, bar , shops, excusions, specialty resaurants".

If we have to fly to a port our airfare is not included in "dollars spent" nor is the gas we would have to buy if we drove. And airfare can get pretty expensive last time I checked.

So my paying twice as much for my next 7 night cruise on Oasis compared to my last 8 night cruise on Independence should get me more credit?

Unfortunately, the people of Northeastern Ohio would not share in your humor.:(

I am originally from Massachusetts. I didn't take the Babe Ruth or Roger Clemens departures personally.:)

My wait til next year was a long time. And lets not forget those 1975 Reds. GRRRRRR.

My reference was to this statement...."1 point for every dollar spent on past cruises. Everything included, price of cruise, bar , shops, excusions, specialty resaurants".

If we have to fly to a port our airfare is not included in "dollars spent" nor is the gas we would have to buy if we drove. And airfare can get pretty expensive last time I checked.

And that is still a lame excuse. Let's say then if you booked air thru RC that counted. Now what excuse do you have?? I thought it wasn't about $$.

Everyone still has the same opportunity to take a cruise, and to anywhere. If some choose not to, or just cannot afford it, so be it. Don't knock other people just cause they can or maybe have more convenience towards it.

It amazes me that all most people on these boards really care about is how fast they can spend as little $$ as possible to take advantage of a few free cocktails. Kind of like jumping over dollars to pick up nickels.

My gosh look what happened when they tried to take that perk away. Other than 5-8:30 the CL's and D lounges don't have anyone using them.

I still think your "status " should be based on number of seas days. Lets take the money aspect out of the equation. But who doesnt like a few little extras? I will still take the cruises and when I finally do get to Diamond status. I will be glad cause that means I took 10 cruises and had a great time.

There are two cows on the Promenade of the Freedom of the Seas.

Cow one was from Florida.

Cow two was from California.

Although cow two was supposed to be a happy cow, it often complained to cow one about the ease of cruising from Florida.

Do you know what cow one said to cow two?

Moooooooove.:D

Funny you should say..........cuz the person who whines to me about it(see below) is from CA!!:):) so your remarks are really appropriate....

I,am one of those who no doubt became DP because of all those darn 3 night cruises:eek::eek::eek: I have been harassed on these boards,esp by one person because of it.........

So my paying twice as much for my next 7 night cruise on Oasis compared to my last 8 night cruise on Independence should get me more credit?

You'll have to ask Curly as those were her/his words, not mine. But, yes, that's how I interpret the statement to read.

And that is still a lame excuse. Let's say then if you booked air thru RC that counted. Now what excuse do you have?? I thought it wasn't about $$.

Everyone still has the same opportunity to take a cruise, and to anywhere. If some choose not to, or just cannot afford it, so be it. Don't knock other people just cause they can or maybe have more convenience towards it.

It amazes me that all most people on these boards really care about is how fast they can spend as little $$ as possible to take advantage of a few free cocktails. Kind of like jumping over dollars to pick up nickels.

My gosh look what happened when they tried to take that perk away. Other than 5-8:30 the CL's and D lounges don't have anyone using them.

We are all entitled to our opinions.......that's what makes CC so great. I respect yours, even though I might not agree with it. ;)

We cruise because we have found something that we both like to do together. Our cabin of choice is a JS because we like the extra room. We are D+ and on any one cruise probably visit the CL once maybe twice in the evenings. My husband does not drink and my occasional glass of wine won't put a dent in their bar bill. We enjoy eating in the Specialty Restaurants, have booked excursions on the ship and have had an occasional spa treatment.

It really isn't anyone business what anyone's bar bill is, nor how many excursions they have booked or how many times they ate in one of the Specialty Restaurants or how many spa treatments they had. There are folks that cruise that look forward to these extras...........and then there are folks that are grateful that they can just afford the cruise fare. Dollars spent should never be considered in the determination of achieving a certain level within C&A.

The topic of this thread was "Days at Sea vs. Number of Cruises" and I happen to agree with this.:D

We can all complain about how unfair some aspect of the loyalty program is but lets face facts RCI created this mess by dangling the extra credits & number of cruises to improve their business. It worked! Those who took & ran with it well good for you. Now it has backfired with all of the D & D+ & they are going to try & figure out a way to screw us unfortunately after we are all hooked. You have to commend RCI it was a darn good business plan.

How about # of days at sea + number of cruises + money spent - food eaten - toilet flushing - pool towels used - whatever!!!

Do you see how ridiculous this is??

If you want to get into the CL so bad, book a suite. But believe me, I've been there and it's not worth the extra $$$. Free drinks for a few hours a day doesn't nearly begin to equal what we spend on cruising and air fare annually.

Status is all in your head. No one should flaunt what they have. Those without shouldn't feel envious. Enjoy the cruise because you can!!!

OK, sorry, enough preaching.....

I have only done 7 day cruises although most of those have been during the cheaper season (my birthday and anniversary are in Sept.). Am I a little jealous because others that have cruised the same amount of days are already Diamond? Sure, a little, but that is how RC has decided to structure their loyalty program. I have wanted to get down to

FL for a few short cruises over the last couple of years, but just wasn't able to fit it. However, I don't want RC to change their program because I may be able to do a few short cruises in the coming years and I too would like to get a credit like others have been able to. As far as doing the b2b on the smaller ships.............I love the newer bigger ships and don't want to try the older smaller ones.

You could do a 4/3 night back to back and get two credits for a 7 night cruise and only have to buy one set of plane tickets.

Good point. Airfare out of TF Green is generally inexpensive to FL/PR. Although we typically cruise for the ship, not the ports and prefer the newer, larger ships. To be honest the loyalty program doesn't make or break our decision regarding which line we choose to cruise with. I do think that #of cruises, nights, and $ spent should be factored into the program.

How about # of days at sea + number of cruises + money spent - food eaten - toilet flushing - pool towels used - whatever!!!

If you want to get into the CL so bad, book a suite. But believe me, I've been there and it's not worth the extra $$$. Free drinks for a few hours a day doesn't nearly begin to equal what we spend on cruising and air fare annually.

Status is all in your head. No one should flaunt what they have. Those without shouldn't feel envious. Enjoy the cruise because you can!!!

OK, sorry, enough preaching.....

There is more to D+ than the C/L.

D+ gets to...

Use their seapass card to charge onboard items...and get into their staterooms.

Not have to wear life jackets at muster drill.

Attend the Captain's welcome aboard party.

Take tenders to Cococay, and eat at the BBQ.

Get their pictures taken by the ship's photographers.

Use the elevators on the ship.

Attend the port and shopping seminars.

Play bingo.

Watch the belly flop contest.

Climb the rock wall.

Fill out the set sail passes online.

I know I am missing some, but this is just a few.:D

D+ gets to...

Play bingo.

Climb the rock wall.

You are too funny!!! I was going to use the formula you posted and substitute all of the above. But I'm too tired!!

I hope to meet you on cruise to share a few laughs!

As it now stands, some people complain that the cruise credit formula isn't fair (to them). If and when the formula is changed, some people will complain that the new system isn't fair to them. As for me, my only criteria in choosing a cruise are: the ship, its itinerary, and whether or not I believe it will deliver an enjoyable vacation experience for whatever price I am paying. Anything else that the line cares to give me as a reward for continuing to sail with them is just an extra perk. Under whatever system is in place, if the other factors are all positive, I am more than satisfied. Worrying about whether or not someone is getting something that I am not, seems hardly worth the effort.:)

Finally a simpler way...

General formula for cruise credits

For the general credit equation ax3 + bx2 + cx + d = 0, if (2b3 − 9abc + 27a2d)2 − 4(b2 − 3ac)3 > 0, the general formulas for the roots, in terms of the coefficients, are as follows:[12]

7f19af779a9bea4db300039405693001.png

Brilliant analysis. I concur! :D

We can all complain about how unfair some aspect of the loyalty program is but lets face facts RCI created this mess by dangling the extra credits & number of cruises to improve their business. It worked! Those who took & ran with it well good for you. Now it has backfired with all of the D & D+ & they are going to try & figure out a way to screw us unfortunately after we are all hooked. You have to commend RCI it was a darn good business plan.

hooked on what? A good cruise line. That's what they want.;) Not hooked on some DL CL or Diamond event. Who would actually cruise just to get into one of these rooms??? That would be border line crazy!!!:p

You watch-alot of these free drink venues are going to be a thing of the olden days. CL-for suite guests only-DL-for D+ only- diamond events-gone. Maybe a free drink or two in a coupon book for diamonds could very well be the future.

D+ gets to...

Play bingo.

Climb the rock wall.

Seriously, though, aside from this, what does D/D+ get me? Besides having it on my card and some free drinks? I really haven't paid attention because it's not a big deal to me. I'm platinum and I get some coupons and we got a balcony discount and get to pre-board. To me, that's all I need.

What really is the big deal about being D or D+? What are the special perks that I seem to be missing out on?

I know this is going to create alot of response. I have reported this to Carnival too. Diamond status should be granted by days at sea rather than number of cruises taken. Why should someone who has taken 10 7 day cruises be given the same status as someone who has taken 10 3 or 4 night cruises.
Why simple, because that is the way RCI set up the program.

hooked on what? A good cruise line. That's what they want.;) Not hooked on some DL CL or Diamond event. Who would actually cruise just to get into one of these rooms??? That would be border line crazy!!!:p

You watch-alot of these free drink venues are going to be a thing of the olden days. CL-for suite guests only-DL-for D+ only- diamond events-gone. Maybe a free drink or two in a coupon book for diamonds could very well be the future.

Here we go again!

You know those are fightin' words with some D/D+ members!:D

Don't forget that you have to divide by the number of times you ate in the MDR with shorts on and add back the number of successfully smuggled bottles of booze :D

D+ gets to...

Play bingo.

Climb the rock wall.

Well, I'm only a Gold member but I also get to place my towel on a deck chair and then leave for 6 hours; and order everything on the menu, just for a taste. :D:D

Negc posted:

Well Said Negc!!

I'm not a cruiser, only cruised ONCE in my life. So I can't get all hyped up over what you get and what you don't get. Just doesn't seem important enough to constantly be bringing it up on these boards. Like that one person said...just how many "CAPS/HATS" does one need!! It just ends up costing you to sell them on E-Bay!!

And if you want the luxury of doing 3/4 Nighters and racking up more points nobody is holding you back from moving to a coastal area but YOURSELF!! Well, maybe your job, family, and the fact you can't stand hurricanes!! Look at it this way too: You'll never become a Alcoholic from all those "free drinks"!! :D

Okay, I'm out of here .....I feel the FLAMES already!! LOL:rolleyes:

Unless you are privy to some inside information, your predictions are only more of the same old doom and gloom that some people have delighted in posting ad nauseum , if only to stir the pot. Worrying about things that are beyond our control is an exercise in futility.:rolleyes:

Archived