Future Cruise Credits

TheHappyWanderer

Its been a while since I've used one but......if you buy and use a FCC I understand that stands as your deposit. I also remember that you got a pretty nice onboard credit too. Is this still the drill?

$50 per person, per FCC if I remember correctly.

Future Cruise Length Shipboard Credit*

7 - 9 Days $25 per person for Inside Categories, $50 per person for Outside

10 - 15 Days $75 per person for Inside Categories, $100 per person for Outside

16 + Days $125 per person for Inside Categories, $150 per person for Outside

Future Cruise Length Shipboard Credit*

7 - 9 Days $25 per person for Inside Categories, $50 per person for Outside

10 - 15 Days $75 per person for Inside Categories, $100 per person for Outside

16 + Days $125 per person for Inside Categories, $150 per person for Outside

I totally forgot about the room category. :eek:

Since it has been a while since you biught and used one, there are a couple of changes.

a. Previously, you could use one FCC + $100 as a deposit for the 2nd person and you would both get OBC. That is no longer true. In order to get the on board credit, you will need to buy a FCC in each person's name.

b. For a World Cruise or World Cruise segment, the rules are different.

No deposit required if you are from the UK.

We were on Emerald Princess the other week and got our Future Cruises confirmation letter to use within the next 4 years.

Makes a change for us Brits to get a benefit at zero cost.

Indeed. I just book a cruise and I didn't even know that I had an "open booking" so got $75 pp plus the OBC they were offering for the cruise plus my shareholders benefit! Gonna be a very hapy cruise!!

• 4 weeks later...

We'll be on the Golden one nighter in September.....will the FCC be available for purchase and if so, where would it be located?

Also, is the FCC charged to your shipboard account or can it be charged to a different credit card?

We'll be on the Golden one nighter in September.....will the FCC be available for purchase and if so, where would it be located?

Also, is the FCC charged to your shipboard account or can it be charged to a different credit card?

We've done a 1 day on the Sapphire as a way to get back to Seattle after being on the Golden and purchased FCC's while on board. For our 1 day cruise the Future Cruise office was closed for the cruise. However, there were forms outside the office to fill out and drop in the Box. We couldn't see the Consultant if we had wanted to. For us there was no other way to pay for the FFC than having it charged on the card used at check in. If you want it to go on a different card you might have to seek help at the pursers desk. I don't know.

We've done a 1 day on the Sapphire as a way to get back to Seattle after being on the Golden and purchased FCC's while on board. For our 1 day cruise the Future Cruise office was closed for the cruise. However, there were forms outside the office to fill out and drop in the Box. We couldn't see the Consultant if we had wanted to. For us there was no other way to pay for the FFC than having it charged on the card used at check in. If you want it to go on a different card you might have to seek help at the pursers desk. I don't know.

Thanks for the detailed answer, will pick up some FCCs for sure.

I would assume the FCC office would be near the pursers desk??

Never used a Princess FCC before, what is the charges and is it per person or per cabin, what about a third person in the room. Do you get the OBC at time of purchase or when you use it. I have read that the OBC is depending on the length of the cruise and whether you book inside or outside cabin.

We are sailing in December on the Sapphire and I would like to buy some FCCs. Is it too late then to buy for the cruises we are booked on in May of 2011? We can't wait till Dec to book those because they will sell out.

Can they cancel our ressies and rebook? What is the best way to do this?

Thanks! Katherine

A question about FCC's. We are booked on the 28 day Hawaii/Samoa/Tahiti cruise next year. We had 1 FCC and Princess was having a sale so sent in the other $100.00 for the deposit. With the 1 FCC we get the $150.00 shipboard credit. We are sailing next month to Mexico - if we get more FCC's can I apply 1 to next years 28 day and have the TA credit my credit card so we can have the other $150.00 shipboard credit? That would help pay for 1/2 the gratuties.

We are sailing in December on the Sapphire and I would like to buy some FCCs. Is it too late then to buy for the cruises we are booked on in May of 2011? We can't wait till Dec to book those because they will sell out.

Can they cancel our ressies and rebook? What is the best way to do this?

Thanks! Katherine

As long as you buy them before final payment, you can have them deducted from the final amount. If you booked yourself on-line, you'll have to call and speak to an agent to have them applied and then pay your final bill over the phone - unfortunately there's no way to apply them yourself through the website.

A question about FCC's. We are booked on the 28 day Hawaii/Samoa/Tahiti cruise next year. We had 1 FCC and Princess was having a sale so sent in the other $100.00 for the deposit. With the 1 FCC we get the $150.00 shipboard credit. We are sailing next month to Mexico - if we get more FCC's can I apply 1 to next years 28 day and have the TA credit my credit card so we can have the other $150.00 shipboard credit? That would help pay for 1/2 the gratuties.

If the cruise is only next year, have you already made final payment?

That actually shouldn't even matter though...Princess recently kind of messed up applying our FCC (was very confusing...my FCC was in Cdn, but the booking was in USD which messed it up). Anyways, we resolved it, but it resulted in application of the FCC after final payment so it ended up being viewed as an overpayment and the amount was refunded to my credit card.

Archived