Bed Bugs on NCL

pdoeringer

That was a Carnival ship. This is an NCL board. Sigh.

I wish they'd lock posts once they go inactive for a year.

Maybe this poster was on the boards doing a search? People come on all the time looking for answers, sometimes asking the same old questions over and over again, while others on the boards get snippy with them telling them to "use the search function", which is probably what this poster did and found this thread.

Just because this is a NCL board, doesn't mean that others can't comment from other cruise lines on it. This is not a problem limited to any particular cruise line...I'm sure at one point and time MANY cruise lines have had an issue with it. :( Bed bugs won't discriminate cruise lines. ;)

There's one way to find out - look! :)

I have made it a habit to pull back the corner of the sheets in hotels room to look for bed bugs and/or evidence of bed bugs. I did the same thing on our cruise. I haven't found any so far and we travel quite a bit.

As a precaution, we never bring the suitcases into the room until we've checked. We also unpack our suitcases from the garage when we get home and the laundry goes straight into the wash machine load by load. I look for evidence of them in the suitcases and on the clothes then too.

A friend of mine got them in their house due to her husband's extensive work travel. It took them a lot of money, time and headache to get rid of them! I don't want to stop traveling, but I definitely have educated myself on what to keep my eyes open for!!!

Thanks for the tips! I leave on my cruise on the Oasis in 12 days, and this got me paranoid!

That was a Carnival ship. This is an NCL board. Sigh.

I wish they'd lock posts once they go inactive for a year.

And to prove truth is stranger than fiction the poster who reopened this NCL thread with a story about a Carnival ship is sailing on Royal Caribbean. :rolleyes:

I'm with you 100% on the need to lock inactive threads.

We always check the beds by puling down the blankets, sheets, and matress covers, making sure that there are no tell-tale signs. Next check pillows.

Don't put the luggage on the bed, while packing or unpacking. Use the luggage rack.

Check a website called "Bedbug Registry," to see if anyone listed your hotel or cruiseline for bedbugs.

Maybe this poster was on the boards doing a search? People come on all the time looking for answers, sometimes asking the same old questions over and over again, while others on the boards get snippy with them telling them to "use the search function", which is probably what this poster did and found this thread.

Just because this is a NCL board, doesn't mean that others can't comment from other cruise lines on it. This is not a problem limited to any particular cruise line...I'm sure at one point and time MANY cruise lines have had an issue with it. :( Bed bugs won't discriminate cruise lines. ;)

Thank you--that was exactly what happened! I did a Google search and it led me here. I was only asking for info on how prevalent this problem was. No need to get testy! You know--anyone can comment on any of these threads! Nothing strange about me asking about bed bugs that happened on a Carnival ship when I have a Royal cruise booked. Whoever you are that got testy--time for an attitude adjustment!

I actually overheard a couple talking in the spa on the Breakaway about being relocated from their original cabin due to bedbugs. When I asked at Guest Services, they denied this happened.

Does anyone have any knowledge about the cruiseline's responsibility to report any infestations? Even if asked?

I actually overheard a couple talking in the spa on the Breakaway about being relocated from their original cabin due to bedbugs. When I asked at Guest Services, they denied this happened.

Does anyone have any knowledge about the cruiseline's responsibility to report any infestations? Even if asked?

don't believe everything you hear. remember the old game we played as kids, or maybe you are not old enough to remember: it was called gossip?

As for the obligation of a cruise line, I doubt there are any set rules about reporting infestation. What good would that do? I am sure, if there were bed bugs in a cabin and there were other cabins available the cruise line would certainly move the passengers. Bed bugs can show up almost anywhere so we have been told.

don't believe everything you hear. remember the old game we played as kids, or maybe you are not old enough to remember: it was called gossip?

As for the obligation of a cruise line, I doubt there are any set rules about reporting infestation. What good would that do? I am sure, if there were bed bugs in a cabin and there were other cabins available the cruise line would certainly move the passengers. Bed bugs can show up almost anywhere so we have been told.

For some people that game is no game at all and they never outgrew it. I play it when it's obvious someone is listening to my conversation and then insert random made up facts or "news" to see how far it travels. So much fun on a cruise!!