Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Has anyone had the Classic Drink Package and realized they needed the Premium? Does the Classic include any single malt scotches?

I'll probably go for the Premium just to be on the safe side and to not have any issues - and I guess I'll start trying Martinis or something (which I normally wouldn't if I do get it). But, basically - I love frozen drinks and non-frozen margaritas out by the pool, blood mary's in the morning with breakfast. And in the evening I will be with friend's who I am sure will sit at a bar and drink scotches, etc. Now - I don't need fancy, fancy but I do like a decent scotch..

I have seen the listing on Celebrities website, and I'll go back and take a look at it again.

Sounds like Classic may be fine for you. You can get regular size martinis for $7 or $8 too. Not sure about the scotch but I think some may be included. It goes on price ... any drink $8 or under is included in the Classic.

I had the Classic pkg and was happy with it.

Sounds like Classic may be fine for you. You can get regular size martinis for $7 or $8 too.

Hello, "sccat."

At what bar(s) are "regular size martinis" available? We had the martinis offered at the "Martini Bar," almost all of which were $10. What is the difference in size (ounces), if you know?

Thank you.

We are planning to go on Equinox, Eastern Med this May and are interested in the drinks packages. Having read most of this thread I think I know how it works but I would appreciate some advice. Do they serve draught ( draft for our American friends ) beer anywhere on board, if so how much does it cost? What's the current price for the drinks packages in Europe?

Thanks,

Jim

most bars have draught lagers,some have 1 type others 2 last year it was heineken and amstel but only 440ml glasses for $5 plus 15% we had the classic package and drank bottled becks,they also have a couple of bottled bitters but for those you will need a prenium package :)

most bars have draught lagers,some have 1 type others 2 last year it was heineken and amstel but only 440ml glasses for $5 plus 15% we had the classic package and drank bottled becks,they also have a couple of bottled bitters but for those you will need a prenium package :)

That sounds fine to me, I only drink lager so the classic will do. However my wife drinks wine, preferably chardonnay, or cocktails. Will there be enough choice in the classic package for her? Can we get one classic and one premium package?

Cheers,

Jim

That sounds fine to me, I only drink lager so the classic will do. However my wife drinks wine, preferably chardonnay, or cocktails. Will there be enough choice in the classic package for her? Can we get one classic and one premium package?

Cheers,

Jim

You can get different packages. The package is noted on your cruise card.

Good sailing

Tom

My husband got martinis on the Classic package in every bar,including the Martini Bar.

We both had the Classic--I had to work at even coming close to drinking enough. I wouldn't get one next time because often I wanted to order a more expensive wine rather than order lesser wines to get my money's worth. I wouldn't drink as much!

My husband got martinis on the Classic package in every bar,including the Martini Bar.

We both had the Classic--I had to work at even coming close to drinking enough. I wouldn't get one next time because often I wanted to order a more expensive wine rather than order lesser wines to get my money's worth. I wouldn't drink as much!

Just returned from 13 days on the Century.

We decided to wait a day or two and see what our bill was like and then assess whether the packages were any good for us.

Definitely NOT for us - DH reckoned there was no way he could drink that much beer to justify a package,:cool: and with me only wanting a max. of 2 wines/cocktails and one coffee (latte) a day it wasn't even worth considering!

We didn't scimp by any means, and our bill was about half what 2 packages would have cost.

The coffee in the buffet and MDR was fine, and iced water (not bottled) was available 24/7 in the buffet, cabin, and in any bar. I was under the impression any water had to be purchased - NO SO. In fact one of our friends was able to get a private tour of the engine room and was told the water purification plant produced such pure water it had to go through a 'filter' to add minerals back. AND the ships water was more than pleasant to drink - and we drank a lot, especially after our massage treatments!!:eek:

Friends on board who had the premium package seemed to have a drink in hand most of the time to try and get the best out of it:rolleyes:

Could someone please tell me the difference in the coffees in the premium and classic packages?

My understanding is the Premium package coffees included those with alcohol - e.g. Irish Coffee, where as the Classic was latte, espresso etc.If I am wrong some one will be along to correct me ;)

Of course, THIS FAQ topic gives information that is contradictory to what I have been told by Celebrity as well as some people on this thread.

FAQ Answers

Can I purchase a package and then just pay the difference in price for any drinks above the package price threshold?

Subject: Beverage Packages

No. Any drinks requested above the price threshold will be charged at full price.

I have been told that with the Premium Alcohol Package, you CAN simply pay the difference when the beverage exceeds $12/glass.

I think that they should put a bit more time into their FAQ's!

Tom

On the Summit last August they told us we would be charged in full for any drinks above the premium thresh hold yet I had read extensively on these boards that you could just pay the difference on other shops. It matters to us because it opens up many more wines and champagnes choices by the glass. Any recent experiences on Summit?

Wow! Talk about confusing! I know that I can definitely get my money's worth out of a package and that's not falling down drunk, lol. But - a few drinks in the morning, a few in the afternoon, and one or two in the evening plus the bottled water (more convenient for me)... but boy - this premium and classic package regarding alcohol is waaaay confusing.

DH on the other hand - we're going to have to sit down and see what he will or will not be drinking. See - I didn't think the Classic package included any martinis because they are over $8....sigh....

On the Summit last August they told us we would be charged in full for any drinks above the premium thresh hold yet I had read extensively on these boards that you could just pay the difference on other shops. It matters to us because it opens up many more wines and champagnes choices by the glass. Any recent experiences on Summit?

Hi,

I believe this change in policy took place around September 2011.

Jim

Thanks for the information on the coffees but still really confusing.

I am also still confused about if you can pay the difference in drink price on a premium package.

If there is anything you are unsure about after doing your research then just wait until you get on board. You can ask the staff the question and if you decide that the package is right then just buy it on the ship. If you take a day or more to check out your consumption before deciding then you'll be able to buy the package at a price pro-rated for the remaining nights of the cruise.

Earlier in this post someone posted a very extensive "Beer" menu (THANK YOU) from Michael's Pub. The website shows Michaels as a place for scotch and cordials with a piano bar? The Celebrity website also mentioned a "Champagne" bar. Being an equal opportunity drinker who enjoys beer, wine and liquor I find these two options very intriguing :D. Does anyone know if either or both of them are available on the Equinox? Makes my premium vs classic decision very easy if both of them are.

Earlier in this post someone posted a very extensive "Beer" menu (THANK YOU) from Michael's Pub. The website shows Michaels as a place for scotch and cordials with a piano bar? The Celebrity website also mentioned a "Champagne" bar. Being an equal opportunity drinker who enjoys beer, wine and liquor I find these two options very intriguing :D. Does anyone know if either or both of them are available on the Equinox? Makes my premium vs classic decision very easy if both of them are.

On the new Silhouette, Michael's Pub is more of a sports bar type venue with a large selection of beers. I think the Reflection will be similar. Don't know if there are plans to convert the other ships.

Good Sailing

Tom

On the new Silhouette, Michael's Pub is more of a sports bar type venue with a large selection of beers. I think the Reflection will be similar. Don't know if there are plans to convert the other ships.

Good Sailing

Tom

Hi,

The Summit will have the revised Michael's bar according to Celebrity's website.

Jim

Looking for a good 7 day Caribbean cruise on either HAL or Celebrity. Have done HAL but not X although we've also been on Azamara and loved it. Wondering which ship is best. Have read some negative reviews on the Solstice lately and not sure we want to chance poor service. Have not heard much about the Eclipse. Does anyone have any recommendations and good deals for a March Caribbean cruise??

Looking for a good 7 day Caribbean cruise on either HAL or Celebrity. Have done HAL but not X although we've also been on Azamara and loved it. Wondering which ship is best. Have read some negative reviews on the Solstice lately and not sure we want to chance poor service. Have not heard much about the Eclipse. Does anyone have any recommendations and good deals for a March Caribbean cruise??

You do realize that you've posted this question on the Evaluation of a Beverage Package thread...right?

Our first cruise on Celebrity is an coming up. Have read a ton of post about the beverage packages which seem to be very popular. I have also seen a lot of posts about bringing wine and soda/water (up to a case) on board. We are trying to decide if a beverage package makes sense for us. We generally have a bottle of wine with dinner, hubby drinks 3-4 sodas a day & 3-4 cocktails during the evening. I drink water or tea during the day & 2-3 of cocktails a day.

If you can bring a couple of bottles wine & soda on board at embarkation and from port why is it that beverage package seems to be so popular & is it worth the price. What am I missing - or are folks overstating the amount of wine/soda you can bring on board? Thanks

Yes, you can bring 2 bottles of wine on at the time of embarkation, but not allowed at the other ports. I'm not too sure of the quantity of non-alcoholic drinks. I don't think they're that concerned with soda or water. Celebrity is offering 10% off beverage packages now until Jan 30:D. I'm ordering mine tonight, for the convience, the coffee, the frozen drinks, and the martinis:eek:

For anyone planning to take a cruise on Celebrity in 2012, there is a special going on right now.

Until the end of January 2012, if you purchase a beverage package you will get a 10% discount.

My DH and I just purchased ours today.

Happy Sailing!

GiGiAnn