Do you refer to the decks by name or number?

warmwinds

I'm only familiar with the M class, but when someone talks about the Resort Deck or the Promenade Deck, I have to grab my brochure to see what they are talking about...yet say any deck number and I know immediately what's on it (especially 4, 5 & 10, I like to eat ;)

So how do you refer to the decks?

I really don't know what the names of the different decks are ~~~ we know that cocktails at Michael's Club are on 4 ~~ we generally have dinner on deck 5. table for 2 on the railing ~~ cabin is deck 6 aft, and breakfast is deck 10 ~~ exercise is deck 10 and walking track is on 11 ~~~ who cares what the proper names are !! :D:D

Definitely by number. I always know when someone travels other lines if they refer to the "Lido" deck since Celebrity has no Lido deck, but rather a Resort Deck.

Solstice class has a Lido deck, the one with the Ocean view Cafe.

But I do prefer the Princess format which has alphabetic floors with corresponding name, Aloha, Baja, Caribe etc...., with current cruise ships having 10-16 decks trying to remember a number and what's on it is too confusing.

Usually by the number as well or the name of the BAR on a specific

deck:D:):D.....unless you want food. Easy peasy...Bistro on 5:D...well

that says it all and so the Martini Bar is one deck down on 4;)

Solstice class has a Lido deck, the one with the Ocean view Cafe.

But I do prefer the Princess format which has alphabetic floors with corresponding name, Aloha, Baja, Caribe etc...., with current cruise ships having 10-16 decks trying to remember a number and what's on it is too confusing.

I always thought "Lido" was just a general term for "the deck has the

buffet on it";):D

But I agree with Joe, most of the Celebrity ship's use "resort deck"

as their term. I didn't realize the S class actually use LIDO.

I always thought "Lido" was just a general term for "the deck has the

buffet on it";):D

But I agree with Joe, most of the Celebrity ship's use "resort deck"

as their term. I didn't realize the S class actually use LIDO.

Hi All

For what it's worth : Per Wikipedia

A lido (pronounced /ˈliːdoʊ/ LEE-doe or /ˈlaɪdoʊ/ LYE-doe), in the United Kingdom and some other countries, refers to a public outdoor swimming pool and surrounding facilities, or part of a beach where people can swim, lie in the sun or participate in water sports.

On a cruise ship, outdoor pools and the surrounding facilities are referred to as the lido deck.

The term lido comes from Lido di Venezia on the sandy barrier beach that encloses the Lagoon of Venice, where sea-bathing took place from the later nineteenth century.

Roy

I'm only familiar with the M class, but when someone talks about the Resort Deck or the Promenade Deck, I have to grab my brochure to see what they are talking about...yet say any deck number and I know immediately what's on it (especially 4, 5 & 10, I like to eat ;)

So how do you refer to the decks?

Number

• 1 month later...

On Princess by deck name; on Celebrity by deck number.

Cunard has only numbers for its deck. On the QM2, the buffet is actually located on Deck 7, which would be considered the Promenade Deck on other ships.

On Holland America, I refer to the Promenade Deck and the Lido Deck by name and all the other decks by number.

Always by deck #. And on RCI ships I never lose track of the days of the week when getting in the elevator. The first picture of the day is always the elevator floor which sets up a marker to split the days.

That's amazing technology. The lights in the elevator send out different frequencies causing the crystals to align and change the day.

Has anyone ever seen the elevator faerie?

Archived