Show us Your Aft!

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you that are still following this message string I am going to ask your opinion. We just did a last minute (last minute for us :p) booking of Radiance on August 19, Seward to Vancouver. There was a $3500 military discount we could not say no to. Especially since we also go 7172 which is the D1 corner aft.

I figure the corner will give me a wider opportunity for photos. I know it is above the club but we raised two boys so not worried about the noise.

8672 is also open which is a deeper balcony but it looks to be restricted more side to side on the view.

You opinion? Stay with 7172 or move?

thanks

For those of you that are still following this message string I am going to ask your opinion. We just did a last minute (last minute for us :p) booking of Radiance on August 19, Seward to Vancouver. There was a $3500 military discount we could not say no to. Especially since we also go 7172 which is the D1 corner aft.

I figure the corner will give me a wider opportunity for photos. I know it is above the club but we raised two boys so not worried about the noise.

8672 is also open which is a deeper balcony but it looks to be restricted more side to side on the view.

thanks

Corner aft for me.....I was on the Grandeur in a corner aft above the lounge. No problem what so ever with noise and you only have neighbors on one side of you.....enjoy your cruise.

Gwen :)

For those of you that are still following this message string I am going to ask your opinion. We just did a last minute (last minute for us [emoji14]) booking of Radiance on August 19, Seward to Vancouver. There was a $3500 military discount we could not say no to. Especially since we also go 7172 which is the D1 corner aft.

thanks

Here is D1 9256 just truly not that big and deep. I got nice pix though so that is what counts. Pix's from the bed. All 3 are basically the same. Then again maybe when I am not so stretched, stressed and tired from being soley in charge with two elder parents I might change my mind on it; when I am back in it next March. Hopefully someone might give a little tlc to that balcony and some new paint.

bb263b09cfb4a011fe5f6ba2b34337f5.jpg

Really loved Vision 8088 was beyond cool. Middle Hump Freedom class are awesome. Those deep wide balconies right by the elevators on Radiance class is great and no long walk and quicker to the action. Those front deck 7 balconies before elevators are gigantic, but half is very visible.

Wow, have I gotten to experience a bunch of amazing balconies in a short amount of time. First Diamond trip soon.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2900557480046097424S600x600Q85.jpg

Cabin

2634772450046097424S600x600Q85.jpg

Balcony

I can't see/open these pix??? I get a web page that asks me to sign up for a weeks worth of photos, which i don't want to do. Can you re-post or add the pix here in cc, as others have done?

We have this cabin booked next year for our cruise around NZ and would love to see them.

Thanks for any help

ML

Note - 9256 on Radiance has a lower railing support design that provides more usable balcony depth. The ships built after Radiance went to the taller design that clutters the aft balconies.

2sb6clt.jpg

Excellent to know mine pix are from Brilliance! Love Ms. BOS. Had a great 9 days once parents were gone.

• 4 weeks later...

We will be in 1688 (Adventure) this Sept. (48 days to be exact) We were in a regular balcony and noticed that 1688 became available so i splurged and pay the additional $400. We have been wanting a corner AFT for a long time but always booked up. It has taken me many many cruises (almost Diamond). These pictures are the most recent that i have been able to find and glad that they have upgraded the chairs and tables. Is the bathroom bigger or the same as other balconies?

Edited by Red Rooster

• 2 weeks later...
We will be in 1688 (Adventure) this Sept. (48 days to be exact) We were in a regular balcony and noticed that 1688 became available so i splurged and pay the additional $400. We have been wanting a corner AFT for a long time but always booked up. It has taken me many many cruises (almost Diamond). These pictures are the most recent that i have been able to find and glad that they have upgraded the chairs and tables. Is the bathroom bigger or the same as other balconies?

I was on Adventure in 1688 2 weeks ago. The bathroom is a normal size for a D-1. Enjoy! If you have Garnet as a your stateroom attendant, he is the best!

By far our best aft ever - Oasis 11730 grand suite eventually turned aqua theatre suite

Just booked Freedom of the Seas last minute for 9/4/2016 and 1700 was open so we're looking forward to that oversized corner aft for what was a real bargain rate!

John

What balcony or balconie(s) would you consider most similar to the one on the vision (8088) that does more of a true-wrap around. We really enjoyed the extra space and privacy that that balcony provided.

Technically on Vision twin only has that big of a wrapped balcony. Fairly confident that most the suites don't have wraps. I believe there is I believe the corner of Voyager and Freedoms are somewhat wrapped, but you have so much superstructure. You don't have that with Vision.

What balcony or balconie(s) would you consider most similar to the one on the vision (8088) that does more of a true-wrap around. We really enjoyed the extra space and privacy that that balcony provided.

The Vision twin has that big of a wrapped balcony in that class. Some of the Oasis class suites have wraps. There is only 1 wrap on the way upper deck for a gizzilion dollars. The corner of Voyager and Freedoms are not wrapped, but they put a big open circle in the side superstructure. Radiance class are not wrapped. Neither is Quantum class.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Junior Suite #1100 on Brilliance of the Seas

Corner AFT Balcony

0317161310_zpskmoyh5j9.jpg

0317161309c_zpszf3odcma.jpg

0317161310b_zpscpw0ypeu.jpg

0317161310a_zpslc0obrgf.jpg

Thanks for posting! We have this stateroom December 17th. I've tried and tried to nab JS 1100 on Radiance class and finally managed to!

1cb4e8c0134d1384fba12756298088d0.jpg

Aft 9392 on Explorer of the Seas. Loved it. Never windy, noticed very little ash, superstructure always allowed some shade. Initially there was a weird incessant tapping at the top of the balcony door which generally stopped when the door was unlocked or open. Maintenance took the exterior pelmut off and fiddled with cable in the sliding mechanism which seemed to fix it.

For some reason, having the balcony door open didn't seem to create that massive wind tunnel when the corridor opened, it also didn't interfere with the a/c so we slept most of the 24 nights with it open.

The interior is a little smaller than the normal D cabins - a love seat rather than a full sofa.

a60a76bc1a5a5e5507c7bebc80e30f43.jpg

We ordered breakfast most mornings, made our own coffee with our bodum press (they offered the tea making service with kettle) and our own Illy coffee. Such a pleasure to eat on the balcony with a good sized table.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

WE had AFT 1600 on Brilliance in Sept, corner aft balcony was not really extended but still great view with enough room for 2 lounge chairs , 2 smaller chairs and a small table, it is a GS ( which we normally book) shape of the GS was a little strange but we liked it and would book it again.

• 1 month later...