Show us Your Aft!

It was just one of those things. I booked it last December while on Indy. I'd been checking online and that room was taken. I went to Next Cruise one morning on a whim and it was magically available!

There is a good point to be made here. I tend to book cruises 300-700 days ahead, I have the coveted 9256 on Jewel for 2018, booked that one 750 days ahead. I tried to get that room 365 days ahead back in 2013, but not suprisingly it wasn't available. The next cruise person aboard Allure did give us another hump cabin on Jewel with a deep balcony and it was nice, but he didn't suggest I get on a wait-list for that cabin. I didn't know you could do that. I've heard people have had mixed success doing that. Instead I made a note on my calendar to call C&A once a month to check on the room.

As fate would have it, the reminder came up the day Grandeur caught fire. I avoided calling in because I knew they were busy. That day, someone, who shall go nameless, yes, I'm looking at you Lisa, called in and caught the room. At least I got to visit it. ;)

Edited by BillOh

We have 1602 on Serenade in 90 days

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We were in 1602 on Serenade for b2b cruises (Med and TA). Great balcony but noisy in the early a.m. from the Windjammer cleaning/setup crew. Talked to GS and the HD. It would get better for a couple of days....then start up again around 4:30 a.m. :D Be prepared....and hope it's quieter than it was.

We were in 1602 on Serenade for b2b cruises (Med and TA). Great balcony but noisy in the early a.m. from the Windjammer cleaning/setup crew. Talked to GS and the HD. It would get better for a couple of days....then start up again around 4:30 a.m. :D Be prepared....and hope it's quieter than it was.

1602 is for the 11 day leg 1, the 10 day leg 2 is in 1556. Hard to find a lot of feedback on that cabin. ;)

Thanks for the heads up. For some reason I thought the WJ noise would be less because it was the outside portion.

1602 is for the 11 day leg 1, the 10 day leg 2 is in 1556. Hard to find a lot of feedback on that cabin. ;)

Thanks for the heads up. For some reason I thought the WJ noise would be less because it was the outside portion.

No I agree, spent 21 nites in 1602 on Serenade and few mornings around 5:30-6am lot of chair noise metal on metal. I usually get up at 6-6:30 so didn't bother me too much as I love my aft cabins!

Edited by ONECRUISER

• 4 weeks later...
Not exactly aft....

Last Boardwalk Cabin 12329

Harmony of the Seas

Port Everglades

22ebf415f522700c53497ee52c1f074e.jpg

19292f3556042e49fc36e927713797fa.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

So glad I ditched out of this cabin and moved to Oasis with no stations in my way! I saved like $600 in changing[emoji41] !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Just boarded Rhapsody of the Seas 7152, corner aft D 1 catagory...it's phenomenal, probably one of the largest most panoramic afts we've had (we've sailed radiance and mariner class ships in aft corners) I'll post more photos when we return home, but here is a you tube of the balcony! Incredible!

If you'd like to follow along this cruise- check out our FB or Twitter listed on our blog which is linked below!

Just boarded Rhapsody of the Seas 7152, corner aft D 1 catagory...it's phenomenal, probably one of the largest most panoramic afts we've had (we've sailed radiance and mariner class ships in aft corners) I'll post more photos when we return home, but here is a you tube of the balcony! Incredible!

If you'd like to follow along this cruise- check out our FB or Twitter listed on our blog which is linked below!

I had 8088 on Vision and I treated myself to an amazing private prime rib and lobster dinner and an awesome sunset on the side wrapped portion of the balcony for my 50th b-day leaving Cozumel.

778c6a97e636afaeb0e5a0d22a507cdf.jpg

What is cool is those balconies don't usually cost a kings ransom to get.

Happy cruising all.

I had 8088 on Vision and I treated myself to an amazing private prime rib and lobster dinner and an awesome sunset on the side wrapped portion of the balcony for my 50th b-day leaving Cozumel.

778c6a97e636afaeb0e5a0d22a507cdf.jpg

What is cool is those balconies don't usually cost a kings ransom to get.

Happy cruising all.

I believe we will see a price increase for our beloved aft balconies with the category changes coming next week.

[emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107]

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I believe we will see a price increase for our beloved aft balconies with the category changes coming next week.

[emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107] [emoji107]

My guess is you are right about this. :(

On Mariner of the Seas at present in South East Asia, our corner balcony AFT cabin as recommended by previous AFT Forum Subscribers is huge, with great views. Cabin 7688[ATTACH]404899[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got 7688 on our upcoming Explorer Transpacific cruise. 23 fantastic days!

Not sure why that YouTube isn't working, let's try this one!

Rhapsody of the Seas (Vision Class) cabin 7152 Aft Corner

This is probably the best aft cabin we've ever had. (We've sailed Radiance class aft balconies, Adventure, Allure (BW cabin) and Enchantment of the Seas) IT'S HUGE! It wraps around the cabin so you have panoramic port and stern views for more than 180 degrees. The cabin is at the end of the hall, next to an interior crew ladder (stairwell) that was rarely used by anyone. The walk to the aft is one of the shortest on any ship we've sailed too. The cabin is offset from the cabin next to it, so only 2/3 of the cabin shares a wall with the cabin next door (not that this EVER matters, I have never heard anything from the cabin next door on any cruise- and have only ever heard shoes or suitcases being dropped on the floor from cabins above.) We heard noise from the business of the ship in this cabin, we heard thrusters when docking and had significant vibration in 10 foot seas when under way (this doesn't bother us or most aft cabin lovers, but hoping it will keep competition for these cabins down, lol!! ;-) We had no soot issues.

33397710216_7ef5f45032_z_d.jpg

7152 is on the port (left side) The first row of balconies above the Shall We Dance Lounge. This cabin sits above the Diamond Lounge that was carved out of the Shall We Dance Lounge (glass windows on deck 6). We did not hear sounds from the lounges, usually at night the ship was moving and any noise was disguised by the ships movement, but being above the tiny, sleepy Diamond lounge, nothing happens in there anyway. Above this cabin is Deck 8 corner aft cabin. Above the deck 8 aft cabins is the deck 9 spa waiting area, another extremely quiet room where people await their spa treatments (I used it! :-)

33438254855_04b2a0fbbe_z_d.jpg

Our cabin was located just above the "port hole" in the super structure. The cabin is extremely private. You cannot be seen from above unless you are standing at the rail, or by the cabin next to it (fixed, non openable divider) unless you are within a few feet of the rail. From the lounge below, one cannot possibly look up and see anyone on these aft cabins. One thing to beware of is that because the desk and vanity mirror is positioned by the balcony door, you can see the fixed divider between this balcony and the one next to it in the mirror. If you have your curtains open and the people next door are standing at the very left side of their rail and turn to look, they could potentially see the whole inside of your cabin through the mirror!! Just be sure to close the sheers if you plan to get dressed. Also, the person next door is hopefully not standing in the corner of their balcony looking in your direction anyway!

33397709996_2c5c3a41fc_z_d.jpg

I mean , LOOK AT THIS!! It's more sq ft than the cabin! The cabin was completely standard size, and is labeled and priced as a D1 category. We spent every sea day out here! When we wanted to go to the pool we walked up 2 decks and the solarium is right at the top of the stairs. We could take a dip and go right back down to the cabin to "lay out". We never went to the pool deck even once!

33397712176_b86e4683a7_z_d.jpg

This balcony has the perfect combination of shade and sun...the area outside the doors is sunny as long as the sun is behind or on the port side of the ship. However, the area in the photo below is completely covered by the solid decking of the cabin above it, and these lounge chairs were completely shaded for most of the day. If the sun was on the port side of the ship, very late in the day there could be sun on the outer chair and the lower half of the inner chair. If the sun was directly to the stern, (if the ship is heading due East/West) this area could also see some sun for part of the day. I also loved that this balcony has a glass barrier, not solid metal or metal rail which can obstruct view when seated.

33397706606_3c59eb9688_z_d.jpg

(Skyway Bridge in Tampa Bay)

33397711796_d9c591d868_z_d.jpg

Lucky you if you have booked this one! ENJOY! We thought it was one of the best we've had! We found the ships entertainment and young crowd on Spring Break week to make for a lively fun ship, but it just didn't have quite enough going on to repeat, so instead we booked Liberty 7408 for next year...so we can enjoy a Royal Promenade and all the bells and whistles of Freedom Class (a first for us!) I'll be starting a full review of this cruise on my blog soon (linked in my signature below) where I won't be restricted by 6 pictures per post. Follow along if you like, I have more pics to post! Here is a Youtube of this cabin:

Not exactly aft....

Last Boardwalk Cabin 12329

Harmony of the Seas

Port Everglades

22ebf415f522700c53497ee52c1f074e.jpg

19292f3556042e49fc36e927713797fa.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

So do you feel the obstruction was too much that you couldn't see much. Didn't know if you could see the water show? I was looking at this room and still don't know what to think. What was the room inside like?