Allure Captain/Cruise Director?

Cruise Director will be Ken Rush. He told us this on the Oasis. He must be currently in Turku/Finland for preparing the Allure. The Allure will be his permanent ship.

steamboats

We were on Freedom the week 0f 7/18. Allan Brooks announced that he was going on vacation after the 7/25 cruise. He was then going to move to Oasis for a brief time and then move to Allure.

So is Ken Rush a good cruise director? I have not had him on any of my cruises. Capt Zini, didn't he bring Oasis in last year?

We were on the June 12 Oasis cruise and Ken Rush was the cruise director for the week. We are not all that interested in who the cruise director is when we cruise. That being said, we found him to be entertaining and pleasant enough. All of the entertainment venues ran very smoothly the week we were there. I know that is an important part of the cruise director's job, so I would say since he is a seasoned cruise director, there's probably not much he hasn't had to deal with. Experience is a good thing, so we look forward to him on the Allure for our Christmas cruise!:)

The Captain will be, Captain Hernan Zini :D

I had breakfast with Captain Hernan Zini on the Radiance back in Jan. 2006. We were eating in the Windjammer and Captain Zini walked up and asked us if the seats next to us were available. He sat next to me and we had a nice conversation. Very nice man! I'm excited to hear that he will be the captain when we sail B2B on the Allure in January! :)

Ken Rush was our CD on June 5th cruise. At the meet and mingle he told us that He will be the perm CD on Allure and that Mr. Spacey will be the perm CD on Oasis with Someone alternating between the two ships for their vacations etc. I think the name he said was Mr. Brooks.

Ken Rush was the CD on our Mariner cruise in 2009. He was all right, and I started to enjoy him more by the end of the cruise. The previous year Dennis Sciortino was the CD on Brilliance, and I thought he was great. Ken is a little more low-key, I think.

Judging that I started to enjoy Ken more by the end of the seven-day cruise, I guess I'll love him by the end of our b2b on Allure!

Archived