Will a large suitcase fit under the bed

Our first cruise on RCL - we had the luggage stuffed in the closet. Takes way too much room.

After that we learned the trick - lift the bedframe - and everything fits - lots more room. :D

Lifting the frame is the key. It's often an inch or more closer to the floor. We put our carry ons and smaller bags inside big bags and they all fit. Your room steward will help you if you have a problem lifting the edge of the bed.

The area under the beds on a cruise ship is kept cleaner than those in a hotel, at least that's what I've seen. But, we usually store at least one bag open on the end in the closet for dirty clothes the rest are put under the bed. For me this saves time packing at the end of the cruise as I'll just reposition the clothes, put shoes in on top and close the bag. Then when we get home that bag gets unpacked in the luandry room.

d

The area underneath beds on cruise ships will always be cleaner than in hotel rooms. Mainly because the beds are being moved around-some passengers want the beds in twins and the next passengers will want them put together. So the stewards pretty much have to clean under them as they move them around.

From personal experience it will fit. You may need to lift the bed a bit to get it under the frame. Once placed under the bed you won't know it is there

One word of warning, ask that your spouse don't sit on the bed while doing this procedure.

• 2 years later...
Wow!

A 2 year old thread resurrected! Well, it is a good topic to replay!

Indeed it is. I missed this one on its first go round.

Never thought about storing the suitcases open under the bed.

Never thought about storing the suitcases behind the sofa.

Thanks for bringing this one back to life.:)

Wow!

A 2 year old thread resurrected! Well, it is a good topic to replay!

There have been a few people using the search function today. I just finished reading a resurrected thread that I had posted to 5 years ago. It was pretty entertaining.