First timer questions

KathyF.

They provide shampoo/conditioner and a hairdryer. However, I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner because my hair just doesnt work right with theirs.

Not sure about the alarm clock...I dont remember there being one. We made a mistake and used our phones as alarms, not realizing that our phones automatically changed to the time zone we were in :eek: Almost missed our excursion. I think you can turn that feature off on your phone though.

There are not alarm clocks but the phone system has a setting for a wake up call that you can set your self.

You will not need to bring shampoo, there will be lots of those kinds of things supplied in your cabin.

Welcome to cruising have a great experience and you will be addicted like me.

Brian J

Hi there,

There is a combi shampoo/conditioner /shower gel dispenser in the shower. I bring my own.

The only other provided amenity in the bathroom is a bar or two of soap.

I don't know if suites have better bathroom provision.

The bedside phone has a built in clock and you can arrange wake up calls that way.

:)

Hairdryers are ok. If you have long hair bring your own. for short hair, it works ok. Shampoo in bathroom is just ok. I bring my own. As for an alarm clock, I wished I had bought one. The clock on the phone is very hard to read. Not many clocks around at all. I ended up buying a cheap $10 watch onboard.

No clocks, you will need to bring one or ask for a wake up call.

There is no need to ask for a wake up call. At least not on any of the ships from the Radiance class or larger. They all have automated systems activated through the phone in the cabin where you just punch in the time that you want to get up. It works great.

Right - I didn't think of the phone's wake up call service. I'll have my watch with me so that will help.

Not too picky about shampoo. We'll be fine with what is provided. I'm a low maintenance gal. LOL.

You might want to re-consider & bring some trial size bottles of whatever shampoo/conditioner you usually use...the stuff in the shower is wicked!! I am pretty low maintenance myself..but something about salt water & sea air with that dispenser stuff & my short hair turns to straw...

If you have a JS or higher they do provide some little bottles of shampoo & conditioner that is a little better...

Definitely take your own shampoo. The stuff on the ship is nasty.

I usually take a travel alarm clock. It certainly isn't needed, but I like it so I can tell what time it is should I wake up partway through the night.

There will be a hairdryer in your cabin. It's comparable to the hairdryers that are found in many hotels (the ones that are attatched to the wall).

You might want to re-consider & bring some trial size bottles of whatever shampoo/conditioner you usually use...the stuff in the shower is wicked!! I am pretty low maintenance myself..but something about salt water & sea air with that dispenser stuff & my short hair turns to straw...

If you have a JS or higher they do provide some little bottles of shampoo & conditioner that is a little better...

If you have long hair, I recommend bringing a LARGE bottle of conditioner. On our first cruise I ran out and they ran out of bottles for sale on the ship so the woman in the salon was nice enough to give me some from her personal stash :D

We made a mistake and used our phones as alarms, not realizing that our phones automatically changed to the time zone we were in :eek: Almost missed our excursion. I think you can turn that feature off on your phone though.

If you phone has the roaming feature turned on then yes, it will pick up and change to the local time when it picks up the signal from the local phone tower. If you put your phone in airplane mode upon embarkation, and leave it that way, that won't happen. In airplane mode you can't use it as a phone since it isn't connecting to any phone towers/roaming, but you can still use non-phone features like the alarm clark, camera, or other similar apps.

If you have long hair, I recommend bringing a LARGE bottle of conditioner. On our first cruise I ran out and they ran out of bottles for sale on the ship so the woman in the salon was nice enough to give me some from her personal stash :D

I second that. I can make due with whatever shampoo is available, but the while the stuff in the dispenser is supposedly a shampool/conditioner combo, it does not seem to have any conditioner qualities at all. Without my own conditioner I would never be able to get a comb through my hair after using the stuff they provide. Definitely bring your own if you have long hair or color treated hair.

Use the wake up call on the phone as your alarm clock. It is so easy to use and it works great (you won't be late for anything since the phone is on ship time).

Also bring your own shampoo and conditioner

I agree about the shampoo and conditioner. I have always brought my own.

Jan

I was too afraid to even try whatever the mystery substance in the dispenser was on my hair (glad I didn't... my hair definitely needs good conditioner especially in the salt air!) but it did work ok for shaving my legs when I forgot the shaving cream out in the room lol

Archived